test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which missions are worth doing Elite/Normal for rewards?

razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
This is to give a place for players to list any missions (PVE/STF) that they feel would offer the best reward for their time spent running it on Elite/Normal. I hope that this will be a good place to find a list of missions to optimize ones game time for players that either would like to get rewards fast, or for ones that have limited playtime per day.

Personally, I like the three more popular STFs.

Vortex, Cure, and Conduit. Each of these will offer more marks which can be converted to Dilithium, and they also give you more Dilithium on elite. Once you learn how to properly run them, it will be easy to pug any of them. There may be times where you might not get the optional, which is almost always due to one of two reasons.

1- Players not knowing how to properly do them, or
2- Players that don't care about team work, they just want to try to get the highest DPS.

Another mission I like is Starbase 24 (Fed or Fed aligned Romulan). This mission can be quick with a decent team, and can also have a lot of loot drops. It offers a small Dilithium reward, but unlike the STFs, it has a placement system in it. You can win 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place. Each place will reward blue or higher quality items, and even can reward more than one. This mission cannot be selected as Elite. However, if you just like a challenge, you can have the team set to Elite difficulty. The rewards including Dilithium will be the same. Therefore, there is no benefit for doing it on elite.

What missions do you like on elite, or normal?

EDIT: Sorry, I am using my tablet, and the thread titled: "Playing "Elite Difficulty" turns out to be a waste. Alternate Time line" didn't show up in the list. Would a moderator please place this in that thread for me.
Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
Post edited by razar2380 on

Comments

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Frankly, those three are the best. Time expenditure is much lower than the others with a team that's even half awake, and the rewards tend to be higher.

Undine Infiltration is all right, though it requires people to actually use their brains for something other than keeping their skull balanced. The other two Undine STFs are either a frakking pain in the TRIBBLE or take way too long for too little profit.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, those three Borg missions are among the best. I like the Conduit because it can be done pretty quickly. I like the Cure the least of the three because you need a bit of coordination for that one and since it merely queue up the STF you never know you are going to end up playing with and many time at least one person screws up.

I like Crystalline Catastrophe Elite (CCE) a lot. It can be completely in about 10 minutes, but on very rare occasions it took almost twice that to kill the damn thing. I don't really care for the Nukara Marks, I play it to farm the 960 dilithium. Plus there is only a 30 minute cool down, unlike the Borg STFs. When I am on Risa grinding away Lohlunat favors to be sold on the Exchange, after completing the idol hunt for my toons I can usually squeeze in the ICE and CCE before the dance starts at the top of every hour.

I have not done any Undine content yet so no opinion on that so far. While I like playing Azure Nebula Rescue, the reward is too low to play it more than just once per day. The same can be said of Storming the Spire Elite. The 240 dilithium reward is pure TRIBBLE.

For whatever reason, I like playing Colony Invasion from time to time. I am not in a fleet so the fleet marks reward means nothing to me. I suppose I just like it because it is different. I would like to play the Big Dig more often, but people don't seem to queue that mission. The reward is only 480 dilithium, but again it is a nice change of pace.
  • Options
    pet1e86pet1e86 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All borg STF's , most of the time they go quick with good reward

Crystal entity for the dilithium and fleet marks

Colony invasion is one of the best imo for fleet marks, very quick to complete in most cases and rewards good amount fleet marks for effort involved.

Other than these

Undine battlezone space for marks and dilithium

Voth ground battlezone for dilithium and marks
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Mine trap is my favorite mission in not just sto, but in any cryptic game.

No end boss is one big reason, but more than that it is the only mission where rewards are based on saving lives not killing faster.

And it gives BOTH ROM and fleet marks. Not just one or the other.

Shame people only queue during bonus mark events.
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited June 2014
    Borg ESFT = CE Elite => Undine Space BZ => Starbase Defense => Colony Invasion

Should take care of most of your needs between marks, dilithium and loot.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    irishcaptain007irishcaptain007 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I like the Borg STFs... Though ISE is way too easy now a days. It used to be a thrill to finish with 7 minutes to spare and now that seems to be the norm. I like doing Fleet Star base defense and colony invasion. I also liked the fleet star base incursion but I haven't played it since they changed the marks rewards system... Nobody ever seems to be in that queue... Same for Mine Trap... Don't have time to wait for that to fill up, though I do enjoy that mission. I liked the Undine infiltration, but that queue also seems to be pretty dried up and I didn't like the pidly rewards it gave. I like everything about Voth and Undine battle zones. I am not a fan of Crystaline Entity. Would rather go kill tholians on Nakura Prime... Or better yet farm those ugly monkeys on Risa.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Lets see: Borg space ESTF (ground is just annoying), Undine & Voth battlezones, once in while CCE and Tau Dewa sector patrol, its kinda fun when you know the right systems and gives lots of marks with the daily bonus. That covers pretty much all the marks I need and most of the them give a decent amount of dil.