test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Overwhelmed, help with right build

tayalilytayalily Member Posts: 58 Arc User
I'm so overwhelmed with all the gear available that finding the right build for my play style is so hard. I'm hoping someone can make some suggestions on what will work for me.

I'm a KDF Engineer. Survivability is very important and I currently run the Aegis set for the reactive shielding. Current ship is the Vor'cha retrofit, which I love, but open to changing it if you think something will work better for me (as long as it hasn't got a brick turn rate, lol). I run a beam boat (all beam arrays) with a hargh'peng torp. I don't do pvp. I'd sooner survive and support others than have massive dps, but don't want to punch like a baby :). I have access to fleet gear and all reps.

Looking for help particularly with sets/part of sets that boost certain energy types and to decide on what energy type would be best for me.

Regards
Taya
Post edited by tayalily on

Comments

• baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    you definately want a resiliant fleet shield [resB]...those are the best, by far.

deflector and engine is a choice of flavour and what you want your ship to do. myself i use the new undine counter command deflector and a fleet engine. for survivability i'd suggest borg deflector and engine for the set bonus.

another must have for KDF, since they get it cheaper is the plasmonic leech console. you get it from a lower tier ZEN ship, not sure what the name was.

if you use disruptor weapons, you also should have a look at the counter command ordenance set.
    tac consoles you definately want the fleet spire locator consoles.

the KCB weapon and the assimilated consoles should also find a place on your ship in any case.
    Zero point module from the rom. rep. should be considered as well, maybe even combine it with the experimental plasma beam, in that case instead of fleet disruptor tac consoles, you should consider actual fleet spire beam locator consoles...they are 4% weaker on paper, but that is actually more like 0,8%.

another console you might be interested if you go full beam array is the one from the nukara rep. 10% ACC translates roughly to 1,25% crtH and 5% crtD once your ACC surpasses the enemies def rating.
    also if you go all beams, you need no torp. Not because of the dmg, but because of the 90 degree arc, which means your torp will probably never shoot while you are broadsideing.
    Go pro or go home
  • tayalilytayalily Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thinking about using romulan plasma to get both disruptor and plasma procs. How would you setup a ship with this energy type please?
  • ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    http://www.stoacademy.com

Use this to post your current build.

/\
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=sadaux2bvorch_0
    3 techs, space warfare doff, 2 of your choice...warp core and an rsp would work well.

Due to the super low amount of tactical boffs. Ayx2bat is the only real choice here.

I thought the vorcha did turn like a brick?

Cheers
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree