test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some New Music?

kadvelkadvel Member Posts: 30 Arc User
As much as I enjoy the existing soundtrack, I find it to be quite repetitive at times. Is there any hope of seeing a variety of new music for the game any time soon? I know I can just disable the game music and run mine in a player in the background, but it would be nice to hear something made specifically for STO.
Post edited by kadvel on

Comments

• Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You're not the only person wanting a change of musical pace, a lot of us are... unfortunately, it seems to be somewhere down around the "Children of Khan" FE series and increasing Ship Interior Functionality on the list of priorities...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm sure if they could find a way of making it a dilithium sink we could have it tomorrow!
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why not just play your own music? In fact, you'd likely end up listening to far better music that way. Oyy, the music in sto is awful. I haven't had it on in ages.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Some type of music player compatible with STO. And Bear McCreary. Lots and lots of Bear McCreary. 'Nuff Said.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nah, lots of frank klepacki would do! he did awsome c&c music back in the day.

seriously though some of kevin manthei's stuff has been awesome, this is one such example.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thank you! I had forgotten about Frank Klepecki. One of the best features of Yuri's Revenge was the music.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why not just play your own music? In fact, you'd likely end up listening to far better music that way. Oyy, the music in sto is awful. I haven't had it on in ages.

Some of it's okay, but I prefer my vast Stargate collection. Funnily enough, a lot of the Stargate stuff I have fits perfectly into certain situations in the game - the Wraith Lair theme from Atlantis' pilot (Rising), for example, goes well with any Elachi/Borg/Undine-infested/created structures. Continuum's "Battle over the Ocean", Rising's "Dart Battle" and Ark of Truth's "The Battle Begins" aren't bad for combat situations, and there's a certain epicness to "The Decision" or "The Stargate Opens" from Ark of Truth and the original movie, respectively, that fits perfectly into any scene that could be perceived as majestic.

I could go on, but I think I've made my point. :)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg