test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Subscriptions... What do I get

dwolf1400dwolf1400 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
What exactly do we get if we subscribe and pay the fee. Not the lifetime but the monthly types?
Post edited by dwolf1400 on

Comments

• Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dwolf1400 wrote: »
    What exactly do we get if we subscribe and pay the fee. Not the lifetime but the monthly types?

Another character slot, energy credit cap increased from 10 million to 1 billion (per character), account bank access, 2 more bridge officer slots per character, more inventory and bank slots on all characters, 1 free respec per rank/per character. Foundry access, priority login and 500 zen per month.
    At 100 days subscribed you get : Free respec, veteran badge, +2% skill point/expertise gain on all characters
    At 200 days: Veteran Uniform, 1 ship slot on every character, skill point boost is increased to 3%
    At 300 days: Free character slot, fireworks emote, skill point boost is 4%
    At 400 days: full respec, access to the captains table, captain's shuttles (1 per faction), 5% boost
    At 500 days: Faction Specific EV Suit and uniform option for every toon, another ship slot per character
    At 600 days: Free vice admiral level ship for each toon, 2 custome slots for every character, extra ship slot for every character
    At 700 days: Character slot, android bridge officer for every character, 5% boost applies to team
    At 800 days: Unique Duty Officer assignment, mugato companion
    At 900 days: Exclusive material, exclusive uniform variant, free respec
    At 1000 days: Forum title, Faction specific veteran starships, free ship slot
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Keep in mind, an hour of play is not an hour of real-time, but play-time. So, to reach 100 days of gameplay you will probably need to play 3x times that number. Im telling this just in case you are going for the monthly sub for the playtime rewards.. btw, with the exception of the ship veteran reward and the veteran costume, evrything else can be adquired with regular gameplay without being a subscriber, they actually are not giving you anything for free. I will say that you need to think seriously if you want to become a subscriber, specially a monthly one.. since it is not really worthy at all. And everything they "gift" you (they are not giving you anything, you are already paying for it..) , you can adquire it for a few zen from the c-store, so... think it at least twice ;)

And to reach 500 days you will need to actually play about 3 years lol unless you play 24 hours everyday in a row. Keep that in mind, since i dont think the game will be alive past 2015..
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's not measured in gameplay time. It's measured in # of days that you are subscribed. And quite a few of the things cannot be earned via in-game means.

Basically the same things you get with the lifetime sub, except strung out over 1000 days instead of instantly unlocked.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Keep in mind, an hour of play is not an hour of real-time, but play-time. So, to reach 100 days of gameplay you will probably need to play 3x times that number. Im telling this just in case you are going for the monthly sub for the playtime rewards.. btw, with the exception of the ship veteran reward and the veteran costume, evrything else can be adquired with regular gameplay without being a subscriber, they actually are not giving you anything for free. I will say that you need to think seriously if you want to become a subscriber, specially a monthly one.. since it is not really worthy at all. And everything they "gift" you (they are not giving you anything, you are already paying for it..) , you can adquire it for a few zen from the c-store, so... think it at least twice ;)

And to reach 500 days you will need to actually play about 3 years lol unless you play 24 hours everyday in a row. Keep that in mind, since i dont think the game will be alive past 2015..

This is wrong. Quit spouting off on sh*t you don't know about.
    It's not measured in gameplay time. It's measured in # of days that you are subscribed.

Basically the same things you get with the lifetime sub, except strung out over 1000 days instead of instantly unlocked.

This is correct.
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Keep in mind, an hour of play is not an hour of real-time, but play-time.

The sub rewards are for time subscribed not time played.

Using time cards does not award you the 60 days when you activate them up front.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    It's not measured in gameplay time. It's measured in # of days that you are subscribed.

Well, that is not what a lot of people told me ages ago when i asked. 1 year ago i was a monthly subscriber and i did the exact same questions. If i become a monthly subscriber now, i am not getting my 100 days rewards after 100 days, im getting my 100 days reward after 100 days of gameplay. This means if i only play 30 minutes a day with 1 toon, it will cost me ages to reach 100 days of gameplay.
    As far as i know this is how it always worked. I stayed for about 150 days since i subscribed and didnt receive any veteran reward.

Keep in mind im talking about veteran rewards, i dunno if other things are different.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The sub rewards are for time subscribed not time played.

Using time cards does not award you the 60 days when you activate them up front.

This, i was talking about veteran rewards, not sub rewards.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well, that is not what a lot of people told me ages ago when i asked. 1 year ago i was a monthly subscriber and i did the exact same questions. If i become a monthly subscriber now, i am not getting my 100 days rewards after 100 days, im getting my 100 days reward after 100 days of gameplay. This means if i only play 30 minutes a day with 1 toon, it will cost me ages to reach 100 days of gameplay.
    As far as i know this is how it always worked. I stayed for about 150 days since i subscribed and didnt receive anything.

Keep in mind im talking about veteran rewards, i dunno if other things are different.

That is so wrong its not even funny
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Keep in mind, an hour of play is not an hour of real-time, but play-time.

Ooh, what a load of hooey, boys and girls!

Despite the above bogus claim, time for sub rewards is actually reckoned by real time. A 30 day subscription gets you 30 days towards Veteran rewards whether you log in or not despite claims made in ignorance like the one quoted.

The only "trick" with the time accruing is that the timer must run for monthly subscriptions, unlike Lifetime Subscriptions where you get all the rewards at once.

More ignorance. "Veteran Rewards" and "Subscriber Rewards" are the same thing, and can be earned with monthly subscriptions or Lifetime Subscriptions. The difference is that a lifetimer gets them all upon purchase, since that subscription never expires thus they'll eventually get to the 1000-day reward whether or not they ever log in. Monthly subs will get all Veteran Rewards, but only after being subscribed for the necessary amount of time.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Sub Rewards ... Vet Rewards, just two words for the same thing
  • Options
    medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As far as i know this is how it always worked. I stayed for about 150 days since i subscribed and didnt receive any veteran reward.

And one year ago I was also a monthly subscriber and I made it to 266 days (with the 200-day vet stuff) after - guess? - 266 days of active subscription. You are wrong. Stop posting.
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    That is so wrong its not even funny

Well, then is wrong for thousands of players i guess. Actually its very funny, yes. I always found funny people buying lfs and monthly subs in this game. I was one of those who made the mistake of paying a monthly sub for 4 months. Fortunately we learn from our mistakes lol.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Hypothetically, if you subscribed for one month, then didn't subscribe for a year, then subscribed again for 1 month starting today, then you only have 31 days subscribed, not 366 days. The time that you are not subscribed is not added to the rewards timer. Your subscription does not have to be continuous to get the rewards, but the timer stops and does not resume until you subscribe again.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Fortunately we learn from our mistakes lol.

Apparently some of us do.

If you subscribed for 4 months, thus earning all the Veteran Rewards for being subscribed that long, yet insist that people don't get those rewards that you got, then I submit that you're the exception to the quoted claim.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Apparently some of us do.

If you subscribed for 4 months, thus earning all the Veteran Rewards for being subscribed that long, yet insist that people don't get those rewards that you got, then I submit that you're the exception to the quoted claim.

I didnt receive anything.. that was my point. Then i asked back in the days and people told me that i needed 100 days of gameplay time , not real-time. Honestly i never bothered to investigate further, since after that i realized that it was not worthy at all to keep a monthly sub and i just cancelled it.

Since lfs and monthly subs are a ghost theme for me, with the exception of that little experience i had, maybe it was just a bug and people actually didnt have any idea by then, maybe it was just coincidence, who knows.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I didnt receive anything.. that was my point. Then i asked back in the days and people told me that i needed 100 days of gameplay time , not real-time. Honestly i never bothered to investigate further, since after that i realized that it was not worthy at all to keep a monthly sub and i just cancelled it.

Since lfs and monthly subs are a ghost theme for me, with the exception of that little experience i had, maybe it was just a bug and people actually didnt have any idea by then, maybe it was just coincidence, who knows.

Straight from the Veteran Rewards page

"Veteran Rewards are given out based on how long you've had an active subscription. This information is tallied and stored as part of the existing Perk system in-game. Your subscription must be active for the total required amount of days to complete the associated Veteran Reward Perk. This time is not dependent on consecutive days. For example, if you subscribed for 60 days and canceled your subscription, then reactivated your subscription two weeks later, the first day you are back will count as day 61.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I recently subscribed to the game, but I am only doing it for one month to expand bank and inventory slots. I will can next month and the simply wait for then LTS goes on sale for $200 instead of the current $300 price.

You will get the following that I know of:

- 1 more character slot
    - For every rank (not level) you get 6 additional bank slots; 90 slot at max level.
    - For every rank (not level) you get 6 additional inventory slots; 90 slot at max level.
    - 20 (?? need to verfiy) Account Bank slots. These are slots all your toon have access to which makes for an easy way to transfer gear between toons.
    - 10 million EC cap has been removed.
    - 4 additional Boff slots
    - Priority queue for PvE missions
    - Free respec token when you advance to the next rank. Toons already at max level gets nothing since there are no more ranks to advance to. Tokens are bound to the specific toon.
    - 500 Zen every month.

If you decide to cancel then:

- You are capped at 10 million ECs. If you have more than that then you cannot earn anymore ECs until you drop below 10 million. Unless you have purchased the EC Cap Remover before you subscribed or you plan to purchase it after you cancel.
    - No more priority queue for you.
    - No more respec tokens, but you keep the ones you already have.
    - The extra character slot is lost unless it is occupied by a toon you have created. If it is occupied, then this is on "loan" to you. If you delete the toon, then this slot is permanently lost. If you keep the toon and decide to buy two more character slots, then you will only get one more slot because you have purchased the toon slot that was "loaned" to you.
    - You keep the bank slots
    - You keep the inventory slots
    - I believe you keep the Account Bank slots.
    - Dunno about the the Boff slots.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    - For every rank (not level) you get 6 additional bank slots; 90 slot at max level.
    - For every rank (not level) you get 6 additional inventory slots; 90 slot at max level.

And the increased Bank and Inventory Slots come from a different 'pool' then from C-Store purchases. So to have the Maximum number of possible Bank and Inventory Slots requires both the Slots from the Sub in addition to the C-Store purchases...
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That's incorrect. Look at the Lifetime Subscribers. They get the Veteran Rewards DAY ONE... meaning, they get the rewards IMMEDIATELY. So, in-game time played is incorrect. That's what I did, I've been a Lifetime Subscriber for almost a year. Before doing that, I wasn't even a subscriber at all.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Assuming you want to subscribe to STO for the long haul, then it's best to wait for a sale on the LTS. Again, I am subbing for one month mainly to get the extra bank / inventory slots now.

Pre-paying for 6 months of STO means you are paying $13 USD per month; the lowest monthly fee you can get.

If you wait for a sale on the LTS for $200, then in order to "break even" compared to paying $13 per month you would only wait just over 15 months; 200 / 13 = 15.4. At the regular price of $300 for the LTS you will need to play 23 months to break even.

If you plan on subscribing to STO for longer than 15 months, then purchasing the LTS when it goes on sale will actually save you money in the long run.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    I recently subscribed to the game, but I am only doing it for one month to expand bank and inventory slots. I will can next month and the simply wait for then LTS goes on sale for $200 instead of the current $300 price.

You will get the following that I know of:

- 1 more character slot
    - 20 (?? need to verfiy) Account Bank slots. These are slots all your toon have access to which makes for an easy way to transfer gear between toons.
    - 10 million EC cap has been removed.
    - 4 additional Boff slots
    - Priority queue for PvE missions
    - Free respec token when you advance to the next rank. Toons already at max level gets nothing since there are no more ranks to advance to. Tokens are bound to the specific toon.
    - 500 Zen every month.

If you decide to cancel then:

- You are capped at 10 million ECs. If you have more than that then you cannot earn anymore ECs until you drop below 10 million. Unless you have purchased the EC Cap Remover before you subscribed or you plan to purchase it after you cancel.
    - No more priority queue for you.
    - No more respec tokens, but you keep the ones you already have.
    - The extra character slot is lost unless it is occupied by a toon you have created. If it is occupied, then this is on "loan" to you. If you delete the toon, then this slot is permanently lost. If you keep the toon and decide to buy two more character slots, then you will only get one more slot because you have purchased the toon slot that was "loaned" to you.
    - You keep the bank slots
    - You keep the inventory slots
    - I believe you keep the Account Bank slots.
    - Dunno about the the Boff slots.

The priority queue is for the rare times when the game has a log in queue not for PvE

The character slot and the EC Cap both stay permanently as does the BOFF slots and the account bank. However the extra inventory/boff slots do not apply to characters created after canceling. The EC cap still applies to new toons

I know because i did the same thing a few months backl
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    And the increased Bank and Inventory Slots come from a different 'pool' then from C-Store purchases. So to have the Maximum number of possible Bank and Inventory Slots requires both the Slots from the Sub in addition to the C-Store purchases...

Yes.

To clarify a bit. For Silver players (F2P) at max level you get 60 bank / inventory slots. For Gold (subbing) and ex-Gold (canceled sub) you get 90 bank / inventory slots at max level.

You can also purchase more slots from the C-Store. Each purchase applies to a specific toon and will give you 12 slots per purchase. I believe it cost 325 Zen for bank slots and 425 Zen for inventory slots. I think each can be purchased 5 times per toon for a total of 60 bank and inventory slots from the C-Store.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hypothetically, if you subscribed for one month, then didn't subscribe for a year, then subscribed again for 1 month starting today, then you only have 31 days subscribed, not 366 days. The time that you are not subscribed is not added to the rewards timer. Your subscription does not have to be continuous to get the rewards, but the timer stops and does not resume until you subscribe again.

thats completely true, i was a pre-f2p subber for about 350 days for a long time in between before getting lts last year there was no additional days added upto that point, but since lts its been gathering days. its probably upto 750 days by now.

but yeah always a wise idea to double check what your buying or getting yourself into, thats what policestate should of done. mistake is a mistake and im not gonna berate him/her for it either.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The character slot and the EC Cap both stay permanently as does the BOFF slots and the account bank. However the extra inventory/boff slots do not apply to characters created after canceling. The EC cap still applies to new toons

I know because i did the same thing a few months backl

Then you should know that the EC cap raise is only permanent IF:

A, you buy an LTS, or
    B, you buy the EC cap raise item from the C-store.

EC cap raise for being a monthly subscriber only lasts as long as you're a monthly subscriber.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

A, you buy an LTS, or

EC cap raise for being a monthly subscriber only lasts as long as you're a monthly subscriber.

Well, i can say at least i remember this. I received my EC cap increased when i was monthly sub. But i needed to buy it back when i cancelled my sub.
  • Options
    dominatrixx1971dominatrixx1971 Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2014
    I know my partner just went back to silver status and did keep the following:

All inventory slots
    All account bank
    All Boffs
    All bank slots
    the additional character slot (I know because he was able to create another character after he let his subscription go)

He did lose his ability to aquire respec tokens at increase as well as the EC cap but he purchased the EC cap increase so basically it was like he didn't lose anything except the respec tokens.

Basically he purchased a 60 day card from Amazon.com for 15$ and when that ran out he went back to silver and used what zen he got from the time he was subscribed to unlock the EC cap. So he really didn't lose anything and gained a lot for just the 15$ he spent for the time card. I have also gotten him a ton of Zen with the free surveys so he definitely came out ahead.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

A, you buy an LTS, or

Oh yeah, i forgot i purchased cap before going gold :D
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited June 2014

100-days is 100-days of subscriber sstatus, it's not "Game-time" it's subscription time. If yousubscribe for a month (30days) and then don't renew, and then 6 months later subscrive for another month (and don't renew) then you will be at 60days, for example. But the time itself runs by time the subscription is active in real world days (not in-game time).