test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dancing on hoverboat?

skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
On my last race I saw someone doing samba moves while on the hoverboat. During the race he was just standing at attention. The hoverboat was not moving left and right.
Post edited by skk1701j on

Comments

• Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It would have been more fun if he did the sleep or sleeping emote.

To be honest; he/she didn't hurt anyone with this, so, what's the actual problem?
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    It would have been more fun if he did the sleep or sleeping emote.

To be honest; he/she didn't hurt anyone with this, so, what's the actual problem?

Problem is that it makes you faster that other contestants. You don't bob and weave but move in direct line. I raced against one person who was doing this (advanced samba) and at that starting stretch he was gaining on me. We both had superior powerboards and tribble buff.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    gulremal wrote: »
    Problem is that it makes you faster that other contestants. You don't bob and weave but move in direct line. I raced against one person who was doing this (advanced samba) and at that starting stretch he was gaining on me. We both had superior powerboards and tribble buff.

AFAIK, the 'bob and weave' bit is automatic and has nothing to do with your actual direction of travel and speed and everything else. Also, the Tribble buff does not affect powerboards at all.

Basically, it's a visual bug and nothing more.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I knew this was possible on the floater, but when I tried on the powerboard I couldn't get it to work. I'll have to try it again. Risa has some fun bugs. Anyone ever try hover napping?
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Anyone ever try hover napping?

:eek: Hover Napping? :D ... BRB ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Get on floater, hover directly over a beach chair, double click on the chair. Your character will go into the animation of laying on the chair, but the floater will still be active so they float in the air above the chair.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Get on floater, hover directly over a beach chair, double click on the chair. Your character will go into the animation of laying on the chair, but the floater will still be active so they float in the air above the chair.

Hover napping fixed in... 3... 2...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Nah, that was a well known bug last year. If they cared to fix it, they would have. It affects nothing gameplay-wise, and people like it, so little reason to mess with it.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg