test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perpetual Lohlunat Summer

supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
The Summer Resort will sit unused for a year until things start to pick up again. People will only use it to fly around or powerboard if they're bored, once it goes away. I thought it could use a little love, so how about keeping the hourly schedule on it, but removing the pearls during non-summers?
Post edited by supergaminggeek on

Comments

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If they did that, then there be no uniqueness about the Summer Event. At least the hoverboards and floaters will remain useable after the event is over.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I support this!

I wish the sand castles, dance party, and powerboard race would remain year round for those of us who want to earn the favors so as to unlock the outfits, swimsuits, and other items year round (especially the favor to latinum conversion). The rewards for completing these activities could be halved for when the High Flying/Summer event is not active.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Personally? I don't think anything but the Egg Hatching/Bird Raising should stay in the game ...

As said above, it would take away from the "Event" part of the Summer Event ...

However Bird Raising, is a little different. Firstly the Birds are a Non-Combat Vanity Pet, that can be used outside of the Risian Resort, plus they give a small Damage Resistance boost, so having one is .. handy ...

Secondly, they offer a Non-Combative (i.e. no pew, pew, pew) method of obtaining various Marks, which this game is sadly lacking for those that are ... wearied ... By all the pew. pew, pewing ...

You could also add "Lohlunat Favors" to the list of "Marks" offered in trade from the Ornithologist, as Lohlunat's are essentially a Reputation Mark.

I probably wouldn't have Pearls though, even though they are essentially the Isomorphic Injections, Voth Cybernetic Implants, and Borg Neural Processors, for the Summer Event Reputation ...

Unless the conversion rate was extremely high, such as 1 Pearl per Senior Parrot (which would have people crying in the forums) Then players would camp on Risa (which would have a different group of players crying in the forums)
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png