test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dreamin' of Smirk

lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Ten Forward
Sometimes the games I play make their way into my dreams. Last night, however, our good ol' Captain Smirk made his way there.

Dream started out with me in a futuristic, highly technological city scape. The city was ruled by a man calling himself "Scion Smirk" and he did so with an iron hand. Although it was a high tech city, it was also a dark, gritty, and very violent place due to Scion Smirk's complete subjugation of the population.

I had joined up with a band of rebels aiming to take down Scion Smirk. We had had enough of him killing our friends and watching our family being taken in the night, only to never be seen again. We couldn't wage open warfare though, his forces were way too strong. So we began sabotaging his efforts from the shadows.

Scion Smirk eventually had enough of us and sent his out his forces in full to kill us. He raided many of our underground hideouts, killing anyone who was in the area. Didn't matter if they were rebels or not. We were badly beaten, and had very few forces left.

Right before the last hideout fell, I had read a report of one of our agents uncovering the existence of a highly advanced artifact, possibly alien in origin. Our commanders believed that this artifact held the power to destroy Scion Smirk once and for all. After the hideout fell, it was up to me and a handful of others to find this artifact and end everything for good.

After checking out several dead end leads, we finally tracked this artifact to a local school (I have no idea why it was there, it just was...). We arrived at the school, but Scion Smirk and his goons were right behind us. The last few friends I had left decided that they would make the stand against the army while I focused on finding the artifact.

After running around while dodging bullets, I finally found the artifact in a locker. However...it didn't seem to do anything. It was a useless piece of junk. Nothing more than a fancy looking statue. Holding onto the artifact, I returned to the front of the building. In this distance, I saw something heading our way.

It was him. Scion Smirk had deemed to come out himself and watch our destruction from his super heavy duty helicopter gunship. As soon as he arrived on the scene, he began mowing down the last few friends I had. Watching this happen, I started talking to the artifact. "If you really have any power, lend it to me now." Suddenly, it started making weird noises. Everything went white.

Once I regained my senses, I found that the artifact had given me the ability to completely control all electricity. I stepped out from the school building and mowed down Scion Smirk's army. I then looked up at him in his gunship and fired off a massive lightning bolt, smashing it to pieces. He didn't die though. He had used an escape pod at the last moment. Unfortunately for him, his pod crash landed just on the other side of the field we were fighting at. Not much of an escape.

I walked over to the smoking pod and opened it. There he was, Scion Smirk in all his evilness (he was dressed like Kim Jong Un, but was wearing skater shoes for some reason...). He looked me straight in the eye and...smirked. I put a lightning bolt in his head. And so ended the evil rule of Scion Smirk.

Maybe I just watch too much sci-fi/anime, but I woke up thoroughly amused. No real point to this I guess, just felt like sharing since no one else would even know who Smirk is :P.

Oh and Smirk, if you read this...

You're a cool guy and all that, but you will always be an evil scion to me from now on.

<3
JWZrsUV.jpg
Mine Trap Supporter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kuntelkuntel Member Posts: 16,484 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Sometimes the games I play make their way into my dreams. Last night, however, our good ol' Captain Smirk made his way there.

Dream started out with me in a futuristic, highly technological city scape. The city was ruled by a man calling himself "Scion Smirk" and he did so with an iron hand. Although it was a high tech city, it was also a dark, gritty, and very violent place due to Scion Smirk's complete subjugation of the population.

I had joined up with a band of rebels aiming to take down Scion Smirk. We had had enough of him killing our friends and watching our family being taken in the night, only to never be seen again. We couldn't wage open warfare though, his forces were way too strong. So we began sabotaging his efforts from the shadows.

Scion Smirk eventually had enough of us and sent his out his forces in full to kill us. He raided many of our underground hideouts, killing anyone who was in the area. Didn't matter if they were rebels or not. We were badly beaten, and had very few forces left.

Right before the last hideout fell, I had read a report of one of our agents uncovering the existence of a highly advanced artifact, possibly alien in origin. Our commanders believed that this artifact held the power to destroy Scion Smirk once and for all. After the hideout fell, it was up to me and a handful of others to find this artifact and end everything for good.

After checking out several dead end leads, we finally tracked this artifact to a local school (I have no idea why it was there, it just was...). We arrived at the school, but Scion Smirk and his goons were right behind us. The last few friends I had left decided that they would make the stand against the army while I focused on finding the artifact.

After running around while dodging bullets, I finally found the artifact in a locker. However...it didn't seem to do anything. It was a useless piece of junk. Nothing more than a fancy looking statue. Holding onto the artifact, I returned to the front of the building. In this distance, I saw something heading our way.

It was him. Scion Smirk had deemed to come out himself and watch our destruction from his super heavy duty helicopter gunship. As soon as he arrived on the scene, he began mowing down the last few friends I had. Watching this happen, I started talking to the artifact. "If you really have any power, lend it to me now." Suddenly, it started making weird noises. Everything went white.

Once I regained my senses, I found that the artifact had given me the ability to completely control all electricity. I stepped out from the school building and mowed down Scion Smirk's army. I then looked up at him in his gunship and fired off a massive lightning bolt, smashing it to pieces. He didn't die though. He had used an escape pod at the last moment. Unfortunately for him, his pod crash landed just on the other side of the field we were fighting at. Not much of an escape.

I walked over to the smoking pod and opened it. There he was, Scion Smirk in all his evilness (he was dressed like Kim Jong Un, but was wearing skater shoes for some reason...). He looked me straight in the eye and...smirked. I put a lightning bolt in his head. And so ended the evil rule of Scion Smirk.

Maybe I just watch too much sci-fi/anime, but I woke up thoroughly amused. No real point to this I guess, just felt like sharing since no one else would even know who Smirk is :P.

Oh and Smirk, if you read this...

You're a cool guy and all that, but you will always be an evil scion to me from now on.

<3

Iwish I had dreams as detailed as this... hell, I wish I had dreams!
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My reactions.

Reminds me of that detailed dream I had once of being my favorite fantasy novel character, Kaladin Stormblessed. Now THAT was an awesome one...
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I dunno, OP. Are you sure it is safe to tell on yourself like this? :D j/k
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.