What's your beef with non-glowy warp nacelles Cryptic

dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Federation Discussion
NX.
Connie.
Miranda.
Oberth.
Constellation.

Basically, a bunch of ships from ENT, ToS, and TMP eras that are canon-onically depicted with warp nacelles that don't ever use the "blue glow in the middle that shows the warp drive engaging".

Of course, with no modification to the design the Excelsior's warp nacelles were easily given the blue glowy-patch in the center like the Galaxy, Nebula, etc. that generate a blue glow in the middle before going to warp.

Granted, 4 of these 5 ships exist in "early game". The 5th, meanwhile, only exists as skins/designs that were from the "glowy nacelle era". Yet, every time a discussion of any of these ships comes up for endgame-inclusion, not only do we have heavy duty playerbase discussions of age, appropriateness, etc., there is a telling silence from the Devs, punctuated with one measly "CBS said no" as "explanation".

Therefore, the only "logical" explanation I can come up with is that someone has an irrational belief that if the warp nacelles don't glow in the middle, and can't be made to glow in the middle, they don't deserve endgame inclusion. Granted, it's quite the nifty effect, however, TMP demonstrated that ships from these eras can generate visible "ionic" warp trails without lighting the whole ship up like a christmas tree (or other light-oriented holiday ornament/display of your choice), and therefore are "appropriate" for the 25th century where people can see glowy warp trails everywhere you look... :)
Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I... think this is more of a coincidence than anything. Besides, the Mirandas in DS9 used the "blue glow" warp thing. I highly doubt they used warp animations from the show to depict what gets endgame treatment or not.

Your best bet is to go to the next CBS Star Trek panel and ask about it.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What I find interesting is that the Galaxy-X should have the glowy warp thingy on all 3 nacelles, but it only activates on two.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What I find interesting is that the Galaxy-X should have the glowy warp thingy on all 3 nacelles, but it only activates on two.

Really? I could have sworn I saw it on all three. Interesting.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Really? I could have sworn I saw it on all three. Interesting.

I'm pretty sure it's only on the two lateral warp nacelles. It's been a while.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dareau wrote: »

Of course, with no modification to the design the Excelsior's warp nacelles were easily given the blue glowy-patch in the center like the Galaxy, Nebula, etc. that generate a blue glow in the middle before going to warp.

Though this is actually canon, as it was shown in the Startrek Borg Interactive DVD release...