test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possible bug on Powerboard race event

xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User

By paying attention to the gate numbers, I've noticed that upon passing under gate 4 it does not always register on the first pass. I've observed it happen on 4 occasions and I'm 100% certain I passed UNDER the gate; so I've reported it to Support as a possible bug. It occurs at random, but can also happen consecutively.

To resolve the bug, keep an eye on your gate counter in the mission screen. Once you pass gate 3 and notice that the number doesn't change when you pass under gate 4, you must turn around or go back to repass under gate 4 again. Once you see the mission counter change to indicate gate 4, you may proceed with the race as usual. If you miss going back and proceed too far, you can forfeit the race, as the timer may expire while you go back to the missed gate and back to the finish. If you miss the gate, either by the bug or passing outside the gate, you will NOT be able to click the finish flag and collect a reward. NOTE: going too far outside the track indicated by the floating buoys, at any time during the race, will automatically make you drop the mission by being disqualified; unless you've already clicked the finish flag and collected your reward.

I have reason to suspect this is the real issue that causes some players to experience some inability to complete races, not the flag.

For real time in-game in game help, join channel XTERN1TY, where experienced and helpful players are available throughout the day to answer your game questions. To join, type:

/channel_join XTERN1TY

See you in game!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    NOTE to Forum Mod: please move this to the Bug Report section. Thank you.