test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DOFF roster increase

seazombie64seazombie64 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
I must be missing something. Why would it be desirable to increase my doff roster by 25 (or 100) when I can only slot 10 active and run 20 assignments? Is there some way to increase the available number of concurrent assignments that I haven't found yet? Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    people like to horde doffs (i THINK im joking, maybe not lol)....it is actually VERY easy to hit the initial 100 doff cap, thats why they have expanders for purchase. but no, the only way to increase the assignment number (up to 23(i think) instead of 20 and the active doffs (6 each instead of 5 each)) is through being in a fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Great its posted twice silly phone
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I use doff to get dill i make 3k a day from doff missions fed side n over 4k a day kdf side there have more missions that reward dilith. U can allso make consoles n stuff with doffs i did not see a point of adding more doff to my roster but once u have 90 purples u find it hard to pick which to keep n which to sell so i unlocked more roster space. Start looking for doff missions that reward dill i do it when waiting for the pve Q to pop. There a few under department heads that reward 50 upwards.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's generally nice to have a well rounded doff roster for any doff assignement that comes up, therefore having the ability to store more than 100 doffs is welcome.

Then there's the point of having additional space for downgrinded doffs, doffs you get from a starbase, doffs you uy for the starbase. Those can easily go in the hundreds so even if you only use a hundred doffs for your assignements, it helps greatly to have more available space for those momentary excesses.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I increase my Doff slots so that I can have a variety of Doff with different traits. Doff missions have traits that can increase success, critical success, failure and disaster. Naturally, you want to avoid using Doff with traits that increases failure and disaster. Have many different Doffs helps minus negative effects of certain traits in specific Doff missions. There are no traits that are always inherently good or bad; it depends on the situation. For example, a Peaceful trait is great security officer in a diplomatic mission, but it is bad for a military mission. The Unruly trait is bad for military missions, but good for "Out on the town" missions where the point is to have fun.

My Fed toon has 400 available Doff slots, but only around 333 Doffs at the moment. My KDF toon has 300 Doff slots and around 225 Doffs. Recent Romulan toon has 200 Doff slots and 110 Doffs.

I have found that having just 200 Doffs is good enough to successfully complete nearly all of the Doff missions. I have been running with 200 Doffs on my KDF toon for 3 months without much issues. However, I went above that just to fill in some blank spaces. I would say 200 - 300 is a good number of Doffs to have a good chance of critical success in Doff missions which means the reward you get is greater.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Having a lot of good Doffs (blue and purple) generally means you can get critical success more often. This means that you can potentially get a decent amount of dilithium just by doing Doff missions. Most Doff missions only rewards 5 dilithium when successful, but it increases to 125 with critical success. There are a few Doff missions that rewards 50 dilithium on success and I think 250 with critical success. Missions where you move colonist that are on your ship to a colony rewards 500 dilithium, a critical success rewards 1,000 dilithium I think.

The mission that rewards the most dilithium is the "Turn In Contraband" mission which rewards 2,000. There is no critical success for this mission. This mission requires that you have 5 contraband. Easy enough to get if you do marauding missions with a KDF toon. But much harder for Fed toons since they have fewer missions that rewards contraband.

I would say I can generally get 2,500 - 4,000 dilithium by doing only Doff missions for my Fed toon on a daily basis. My KDF toon can generally get 4,000 - 7,000 just by doing Doff missions. My Romulan toon is fairly new so I generally get 2,000 - 3000 dilithium doing Doff missions.

Because getting contraband is pretty easy with a KDF toon, I transfer some it to my Fed and Romulan Fed-Algined toon so they can consistently turn in 5 contraband per day for the 2,000 dilithium.
  • Options
    seazombie64seazombie64 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I also get most of my dil from Doffing. I guess it makes sense to have a larger roster to help overcome the traits. I have been diligently working to get all purple doffs, but it would be nice to have extra slots for use as donations to fleet projects.
    Thanks everyone for your insights. One can hope maybe sometime in the future we can acquire more assignment slots too :)
  • Options
    sunrisereadersunrisereader Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You can have 23 slots if you are in a fleet with the embassy recruiting track maxed out.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    - to have spare room for expendable doffs (refugees, commons for the starbase, room for downgrinds, room for opening more than one doff pack at once, trade-ins)

- to give collectors some room. If you just count up all the unique, handcrafted doffs that have their little line of dialogue, you'll get somewhere around 200-300 alone with that.

- to store space/ground doffs for different builds. Especially on ground sci/eng-characters, where every kit/set of abilities profits from a different set of active doffs, those numbers can rise up quickly.

- since doff assignments have an internal cooldown, sometimes have 5-day running time, and since they're not always available, you tend to run a lot of different assignments. If you want to doff somewhat effectively, you'll want a good and balanced doff roster. In theory, cluster supports alone would "require" 70x 2-3 crit-trait doffs on your roster, just to be able to run them all at once and effectively, if they should appear.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Space Pokemon