test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Weapon energy type

2»

Comments

• ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You are completely right with everything you said.

There is also combination of disruptor proc with another crtd mod that will apply to both hull and shields with disruptor debuff with player heaving high crtH at that point.
    The synergy also exist there.

I will neither agree or disagree with antiproton +crtd beaning better or not, but for everybody saying that anitproton is the best, the normal plasma and disruptor weapons should be better then rom plasma.

I am sorry, i not directly accusing you of being wrong, everybody has there own vision of
    things, that is why i love this game...

I have high crtH (between 20-28% depends of my ship and build), and for PVE i currently use normal disruptors crtDx3 and normal plasma crtDx3
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    You don't seem to understand how antiproton weapons work.

Your basic antiproton weapon has a built in 20% boost to critical damage. All other energy types have a proc effect that has a 2.5% chance to occur.

Thing is that you can very much alter your critical chance in this game. You cannot do anything to change the proc rate for any other energy types.

The chance you get to have a critical attack happen is dependent on what you have slotted to affect it. Therefore antiproton weapons are the only energy type where you can increase both the base damage (via tac consoles, weapon sets etc.) and also the "proc" on the weapon (by boosting your critH).

This is why people who have BIG CritH numbers see antiproton as possibly the best type. If you boost your critH to over 20% (easily possible as a Romulan) then you're can get very large numbers of criticals and also very big criticals.

I know perfectly how antiproton weapon works. Are you guys that for some reason, believes that AP is better than anything else. You are fooling yourself. Really bad. Because unless you have a really high critical chance in your build, ap weapons are meaby the worst ones if you are going for the proc. And i am talking about 20%+ critical chance. Really hard to achieve unless you are a romulan or you have all critical chance items (like takyokinetic, assimilated module, etc). The proc of ap weapons is as useful as your critical chance. Period.

So yes, ap weapons can be great, but also the opposite. I am TIRED of using antiproton weapons, and im TIRED of using any other energy type. Just i cant believe people still thinks ap weapons are the "best" lol, guys you really need to upgrade your aknowledege.

And i tell you, as a romulan toon, you going to see 80% more plasma builds than antiproton. So your logic here is completely invalid lol.
  • maelwy5maelwy5 Member Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    baudl wrote: »
    but that is not the only reason why plasma is so great, the reason are embassey sci consoles with +% plasma dmg. If you are not going to use embassey sci consoles and other set boni to buff plasma, don't go for rom plasma.

I've always found the damage buff from the embassy consoles to be a little overrated.

9.6% Plasma Energy Damage per console sounds good until you realise that it's a Strength buff instead of a Bonus buff. If you manage to take four of the consoles then on a typical build you'll just about beat the 'actual' performance of the 8472 2-Set bonus (and still not beat the Obelisk 2-Set bonus).

Personally I'd consider the best energy type from a raw DPS perspective to be Antiproton, because of the ability to stack CritH and the Obelisk bonus. It's a clear winner for any situation where your target can clear resistance debuffs or where you can rely on others to be applying sufficient levels of resistance debuffs to trigger Diminishing Returns.

The second is Disruptors - and not just because of the 8472 Set Bonus, but because of the fact that Disruptor Procs from different Hybrid Weapon types can stack with each other. A mixture of Nanite Disruptor weapons and another type of Disruptors (such as Elite or Biomolecular or Polarised Disruptors) will inflict the highest amount of resistance-adjusted hull damage on an enemy. It's a clear winner for any situation where your target cannot clear resistance debuffs and where you cannot rely on others to apply those debuffs.

The third is Romulan Disruptors, because although it has no "bonus" damage boosts, it can achieve very high levels of "strength" boosts via a combination of the Threat-Scaling Sci Consoles and (for example) the Singularity Harness set bonus. The -res from the additional Disruptor Proc also doesn't hurt.

Of the options above, I personally prefer using Antiprotons for Pure Beam Boats and Disruptors for most other setups. The 8472 Tactical Console (especially in combination with the Protonic Arsenal set) has also opened up an interesting Hybrid "Disruptor + Photon Torpedo" Build that is extremely effective in PVE.

DPS isn't the only consideration though: I ran a fairly extensive series of tests a few months back to determine the best "defensive" weapon type for my Odyssey Tank... which ended up having Voth Antiprotons *just* edge out Polarised Disruptors over time. In combination with Plasmonic Leech, Polarised Disruptors can keep enemy Weapons Power quite low and vastly reduce the energy damage you take; but at 2.5% chance for 5 second duration it simply isn't reliable. Whereas at reasonable levels of CritH, Voth Antiprotons end up having their debuff up constantly and it applies against both Energy and Torpedo shots... :)
    [ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I know perfectly how antiproton weapon works. Are you guys that for some reason, believes that AP is better than anything else. You are fooling yourself. Really bad. Because unless you have a really high critical chance in your build, ap weapons are meaby the worst ones if you are going for the proc. And i am talking about 20%+ critical chance. Really hard to achieve unless you are a romulan or you have all critical chance items (like takyokinetic, assimilated module, etc). The proc of ap weapons is as useful as your critical chance. Period.

So yes, ap weapons can be great, but also the opposite. I am TIRED of using antiproton weapons, and im TIRED of using any other energy type. Just i cant believe people still thinks ap weapons are the "best" lol, guys you really need to upgrade your aknowledege.

And i tell you, as a romulan toon, you going to see 80% more plasma builds than antiproton. So your logic here is completely invalid lol.

now you do understand!, but you draw the wrong conclusions...20% crtH and more is not exclusive to romulans. The addition of so much ACC and its resulting overflow have brought my engi character with only 1 romulan boff to about 26% crtH.

so no...ther would bes till potential to atleast 28% with a second rom boff and the new ACC deflector and starship targeting console, etc...
    The proc of ap weapons is as useful as your critical chance. Period.
    absolutely true...that's why AP outdps other types. If you can't reach more than 20% that is your problem, but people do reach a lot more than 20% crtH these days even non romulans.

honestly, i think you are actually a first class troll anyway. policestate76 Jun 2014 and already 170 posts...most definately an account just to troll the forums, either because you got already banned for trolling or you are afraid of recognition.
    Go pro or go home
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Even though I use AP I do research for performance/Modifiers for what the AP type rare and very rare .

Example of how well it does also.

Energy Damage
    45, 90, 180, 250, 360' targeting arc
    to target: __ Antiproton Damage (__ DPS)
    to self: Weapon Power when firing other weapons
    Crit Severity Bonus

CrtD: Critical Severity
    CrtH: Critical Chance
    Acc: Accuracy
    Dmg: Damage

Shields (Undine AP does 100%)

So not all about the type of weapon is how does the amount of damage average.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!