test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion For Summer Event/Risa

vilifiedvvilifiedv Member Posts: 26 Arc User
I have now been playing STO for 1 year now and have really enjoyed the game buuuut this year's ship for the summer event is really disappointing. It is just like all the other ships we have except it looks like a cruise liner.

I know it was stated that it would take too much work to give the cruise liner ship its own interior but just imagine if the time had been put in to make that ship a Risa away from Risa? People could be cruising sector space and invite people over to their ships for Dabo, dancing, exchange, swimming, etc. in a tropical interior ship. It would be EPIC and make it truly unique.

Here are some suggestions I have to make the summer event giveaway more appealing as well as keeping Risa a social hub through the year:

1) Keep the same event ship for two years. That gives the devs time to make a truly unique ship every two years that will have us all jumping at the chance to grind away for it. I dont think we would mind the same ship for two years if we knew it meant a special ship was in the works.

2) To keep Risa a social hub through the year, start doing random loot drops through the caves, beaches, coves, etc. Nothing too crazy but something fun like a disco ball, sunglasses, ec credits, anything. This would encourage us to keep exploring the island and keep it populated. Especially now that we have the hoverboards and jetpacks.

3) How about some minigames to last throughout the year on Risa too? Something like race course where there is a leaderboard for everyone to compete on. Just some small stuff for a little diversion from the main game every once in a while.

Anyways, just my two cents. I dont know much about development times and all but even though the summer event and Risa are great now just some tweaks to the system could drastically improve the summer event and Risa and help give STO a bigger social side to the game.
Post edited by vilifiedv on

Comments

• aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    vilifiedv wrote: »
    1) Keep the same event ship for two years. That gives the devs time to make a truly unique ship every two years that will have us all jumping at the chance to grind away for it. I dont think we would mind the same ship for two years if we knew it meant a special ship was in the works.

Actually, they are keeping the ships. Last year's Risian corvette can still be obtained this year, there's your "same ship 2 years in a row."

And next year there'll probably be another new ship, which one can obtain along with still being able to get last year's Risian corvette and this year's Risian Luxury Cruiser.

So they've already done what you want- it just doesn't work the way you thought it would. ;)
  • vilifiedvvilifiedv Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Actually, they are keeping the ships. Last year's Risian corvette can still be obtained this year, there's your "same ship 2 years in a row."

And next year there'll probably be another new ship, which one can obtain along with still being able to get last year's Risian corvette and this year's Risian Luxury Cruiser.

So they've already done what you want- it just doesn't work the way you thought it would. ;)

Yea, not quite what I meant there, lol ;)
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'd be happy if they kept all the minigames on Risa all year round, but severely reduced the rewards except when the event runs.

Perhaps flying high would need its rewards changed, but maybe give 1 favour for any event during the off season.

You'd have to grind it to hell and back in order to get a major haul of favours.
  • seseronseseron Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Phasers are already set to fun, but the following additions / suggestions would increase the power flow:

-- Parasailing, one person on a powerboard and another in the air (or have a floater pulled by a powerboard)

-- Scuba diving (or use a floater with a rebreather)

-- Party amplifier that plays island music with samba dance instead of disco

-- Explore ruins and read ancient inscriptions

(Edited to add: And headgear like the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPOSxIVi7cE)
    rottorung02.png
  • onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I actually have a suggestion thread in the events section if anyone wants to add to it ^^ :D (Hint: check my sig :P )

there is quite a bit that can be done for the events imo, like signage (either in world or on your HUD) that tells you exactly when the event activities start (Neverwinter has this tech on their HUD, be nice if STO had it)
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png