test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Republic Powerboard?

furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
So, there's a UFP and a KDF Superior Powerboard...but no Republic Powerboard?

Is this a bug, and they just need to patch it in?

Or did the devs seriously not design a powerboard for us? :(

(Also, as an aside, while we're on the subject of bugs and Romulans being shortchanged, when one goes to make a Romulan Monument Sandcastle, it makes a Klingon Monument instead.)
"There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
Post edited by furiontassadar on

Comments

• Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Is this a bug, and they just need to patch it in?

Or did the devs seriously not design a powerboard for us? :(

(Also, as an aside, while we're on the subject of bugs and Romulans being shortchanged, when one goes to make a Romulan Monument Sandcastle, it makes a Klingon Monument instead.)

My thoughts:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=17340911#post17340911
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would rather prefer a Romulan Imperial Powerboard at any rate. From the happy vacation era. ;)

Edit: Just noticed the initials would be R.I.P.
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited June 2014
    Its cloacked.....
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yup.. too many cloaked things in this event... :P
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you walk around the new "Promenade" there is a green Superior Powerboard between the FED and KDF one ... but afaik it's none of these : Creamsickle Crush, Lavender Highliner, Yellow Blazer, Midnight Marauder

The Bad News is it also has an Risian Symbol on it instead of something Romulan ... still wondering why this one seems to be not on sale ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Really should be a Romulan one...
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Apparently faction powerboards are reserved for actual factions. :P
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    protogoth wrote: »

I was trying to be succinct and diplomatic about my concerns, but your frustration echoes my own. :(

They did give us our own scarf back during the winter event. I suppose our own powerboard and sandcastle was finally too much to ask for....

If you walk around the new "Promenade" there is a green Superior Powerboard between the FED and KDF one ... but afaik it's none of these : Creamsickle Crush, Lavender Highliner, Yellow Blazer, Midnight Marauder

The Bad News is it also has an Risian Symbol on it instead of something Romulan ... still wondering why this one seems to be not on sale ...

I had heard people mention this, and did go looking for it myself, but couldn't seem to find it. Might go looking again.

Hearing about the fact that there was a model potentially not in the vendor list made me hopeful that maybe there are some things that still need to be patched in, but if even that board only has a Risian symbol on it.... :(
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    And this is why the Romulan Republic will always remain that lazy faction that'll never get the update it deserves. Many people (myself not among them) are still waiting for a unique Omega Costume for them. Add the Republic Powerboard to the list of things that'll never be.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    "Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    peter1z9 wrote: »

I had that happen to my board once, but I'm not sure what triggers it.

If I could figure out what causes it to glitch out like that, I suppose I could try to force it, and pretend I'm surfing around on a cloaked Republic powerboard. -_-
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you look closely.... there's other boards that aren't buyable.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, combined with the 'Romulan' sandcastle monument having a huge Klingon heart of virtue plastered on it makes me think that this summer event has some wonderful examples of how Cryptic isn't willing to treat Romulans as an actual faction, no matter what they say.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, combined with the 'Romulan' sandcastle monument having a huge Klingon heart of virtue plastered on it makes me think that this summer event has some wonderful examples of how Cryptic isn't willing to treat Romulans as an actual faction, no matter what they say.
    Even with my fed Romulan, I build a Klingon monument.

If this is not another slap in the face...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    erei1 wrote: »

Interesting, my Fed Rom makes Fed monuments. Rather Cryptic, isn't it? -ba-dum-tish!-
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Aww, do you miss wasting an extra 50% favors for a R.R. board? So sad.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    erei1 wrote: »

Same here. WTF, Cryptic?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would rather prefer a Romulan Imperial Powerboard at any rate. From the happy vacation era. ;)

Edit: Just noticed the initials would be R.I.P.

I was hoping someone would mess up and using the Imperial design on the powerboard too, but there's not a Romulan one at all? Lame.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    At this point, I just wish we'd get some kind of confirmation from a dev as to whether or not there is ever going to be a Republic powerboard.

I asked Tacofangs when he was on last night, and he said he didn't know. Which isn't promising. If it simply needed to be patched in, I'm pretty sure he would have happily told me so. "Don't know" is usually political/corporate shorthand for "I'm dodging the question". :(

Or, conspiracy theories aside, maybe even he genuinely doesn't know where in the Void the Republic powerboards are, either.... >_>
  • Options
    shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I wanted to express my support for D'Tan's dream of a future for the Rihannsu people with my surfboard design. :(
  • Options
    alyciatalalyciatal Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Huge disappointment for me too, I've decided not to try the board at all and stick with the floater: at least one of the new color is a good emerald (Romulan) green.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    At this point, I just wish we'd get some kind of confirmation from a dev as to whether or not there is ever going to be a Republic powerboard.

I asked Tacofangs when he was on last night, and he said he didn't know. Which isn't promising. If it simply needed to be patched in, I'm pretty sure he would have happily told me so. "Don't know" is usually political/corporate shorthand for "I'm dodging the question". :(

Or, conspiracy theories aside, maybe even he genuinely doesn't know where in the Void the Republic powerboards are, either.... >_>
    Taco does environmental art. The decorative surfboards are his department, the usable ones aren't. In this case it's probably shorthand for "Not my department.".
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I was hoping someone would mess up and using the Imperial design on the powerboard too, but there's not a Romulan one at all? Lame.

There is a green board between the Fed and KDF boards in the building with the Ornithologist and Powerboard Vendor. I'm also pretty sure that the leaked screenies showed a Romulan Republic board, and this one in between those two looks like I remember the one from the leaked screenies. So where is it? Rumor has it that it will be added on Tuesday, but rumors in MMOs are more often false than true, and I've seen no official word on the matter so far.
    Taco does environmental art. The decorative surfboards are his department, the usable ones aren't. In this case it's probably shorthand for "Not my department.".

Yes, and he stated in Zone chat the day before yesterday that he didn't work on the Risa event, so he might very well not know.

But it would be nice to have some official information, because if there's not going to be a Romulan board, I won't bother farming the favors to get one. I have no interest in the race, seeing as the requirement to "win" is bogus, and I'm not interested in a feathered monkey. But the boards are fun, and I would like to have one. However, if we Romulans have been denied our own boards, then I may very well not bother as a form of protest.
  • Options
    no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There is a green board between the Fed and KDF boards in the building with the Ornithologist and Powerboard Vendor. I'm also pretty sure that the leaked screenies showed a Romulan Republic board, and this one in between those two looks like I remember the one from the leaked screenies. So where is it? Rumor has it that it will be added on Tuesday, but rumors in MMOs are more often false than true, and I've seen no official word on the matter so far.
    The green one has a Risan emblem on it, not a Romulan one (either Republic or Imperial). I'm also not sure there's any correlation between the display boards and what's actually sold either since there are other designs that can't be purchased as well.

I too am only interested in a Romulan board to collect - is there a link to a screenshot of the leaked?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Rumor has it that it will be added on Tuesday, but rumors in MMOs are more often false than true, and I've seen no official word on the matter so far.

That's pretty much what I'm waiting to see; if there will be anything patched in during the usual maintenance. After that, if nothing shows up, I might be a bit more...insistent in getting an official answer as whether or not there we'll be getting a board this year.

And if the answer is a negative, or if I still don't get any kind of official response then, yeah, I'm probably going to be done with the event as well, beyond popping on to get pearls and keeping the monkey/bird mark production train rolling. After tomorrow, I'll have pretty much gotten everything I wanted, favor-wise.
  • Options
    commanderlicommanderli Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have been wondering about that green powerboard on display between the Federation and Klingon powerboards beside the powerboard vendor. Why is it not on sale like most of the other boards? In fact, it is not the only powerboard I have noticed which is not purchasable by anybody. If I am interested in buying that powerboard, undoubtedly many other players want it too. This issue needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    any idea why the federation powerboard costs 1500 favors and all other superiors only 1000?
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    swatop wrote: »
    any idea why the federation powerboard costs 1500 favors and all other superiors only 1000?

To show your faction pride? Which Romulans can't currently do...

The monument thing is hopefully a bug, at least, since I'm building Klingon ones while Federation-aligned and the text string does specifically state "build Romulan monument".
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    well, im not sure if pride can be bought actually

however, i got the klingon powerboard meanwhile
    and it looks like the federation one when I use it.... so WTF?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The green one has a Risan emblem on it, not a Romulan one (either Republic or Imperial). I'm also not sure there's any correlation between the display boards and what's actually sold either since there are other designs that can't be purchased as well.

I too am only interested in a Romulan board to collect - is there a link to a screenshot of the leaked?

Well, there was a link, somewhere in these fora before the event went live, but leaked stuff tends to get deleted, because posting it is a violation of the rules. So I'm not sure if the post still exists for the masses to view, and I didn't fave the post or the images.