test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Powerboard fail - pay/grind to win

13»

Comments

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I just ran the power board race on a standard board against a field of 7 players with various boards.
    I was heading to a fourth place finish when somebody erected a shield at the Finish Flag preventing the rest of us from finishing and getting our rewards. What absolute petty behavior! You use a superior board to get your rewards then prevent others from getting anything. What kind of sick individual does that?

That really sucks that someone did that. But making that posts makes me worried that it will only cause MORE griefing.

Putting that aside, how? I thought all abilities were turned off on Risa. Did they miss a few, or maybe somebody found an exploit to get around it?
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • taramanjushritaramanjushri Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There appears to be a bug somewhere in which one cant finish the power board race. After passing the finish flag there is another smaller finishing point which you pull up to and are given the option to finish the race. Which seems fine.
    However most of the time the box asking me to finish the race does not appear. Eventually the finishing point disappears so you cant finish.
    It cant be that somehow I missed a flag earlier in the race as the objective marker points to the finish point.
    At first I thought it must be something to do with precise positioning at the finishing point. I must go through it, or stay inside it or I cant claim it if someone else is there. However none of these things make much difference. I have, according to the countdown, spent over a minute fiddling at the end of each race trying to finish so its not because I have run out of time.
    I just cant figure out what I am doing wrong.
    It also seems a bit odd as I presume you have only finished the race if you click on this box and thus you could waste time and therefore placing fiddling about trying to get your powerboard into the right place for the 'finish race' prompt to appear.
    Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The finish line doesn't disappear. The start gate and the finish gates are always visible. The ramps, boost pads, guide buoys and checkpoint gates disappear when the race ends, but the start and finish are always there.

You cross the line finish line by the floater shack, and then grab the flag sticking up out of the water. Best bet is to dismount your board so you don't overshoot.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • taramanjushritaramanjushri Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Cheers

I think I get it now....The start and finish line is permanent the thing that disappears, which I thought was some kind of finishing line/box, was probably this flag I am supposed to pickup. The previous time I must of picked it up without realizing...

Cheers.