test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

normal antiproton beam array mk XII

tayalilytayalily Member Posts: 58 Arc User
I've been searching for purple mk XII normal antiproton beam arrays for a few days and not come across any on the exchange. There are plenty of the fluidic and voth. So I was wondering if the normal ones no longer exist? Or are they just extremely rare?
Thanks
Post edited by tayalily on

Comments

• tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    just really rare.they are normal drop onlys, voth are are from lockboxes, fluidic i think are lockbox too, so those are a lot more common.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, purple mk XII stuff is labled "Very Rare" soooo there's that. Most people who want AP weapons (without the species specific stuff from the rep-boxes and lock-boxes) just use the fleet gear and since that was introduced most people are not making an effort to search, farm and grind for such weapons anymore since you can just go to a vendor and buy that stuff.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, purple mk XII stuff is labled "Very Rare" soooo there's that. Most people who want AP weapons (without the species specific stuff from the rep-boxes and lock-boxes) just use the fleet gear and since that was introduced most people are not making an effort to search, farm and grind for such weapons anymore since you can just go to a vendor and buy that stuff.

not to mention i believe you get free mk XII blue AP beams from SoI.
    edited June 2014
    tenkari wrote: »
    not to mention i believe you get free mk XII blue AP beams from SoI.

Yeah that too. according to the STO wiki:
    [Antiproton Beam Array Mk XI [Acc]x2]
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Actually, Antiproton ship weapons never drop, and thus, were never on the exchange.

Previously you used to be able to get them with the [Borg] Modifier, but these were bound to you, so these never made it onto the exchange either. Same deal with the fleet versions

The only reason there are any now is thanks to the Voth. Voth and Undine lockboxes are the only source of trade-able antiproton ship weapons.

(unless those Blue Mk XI's from the solenae mission are also trade-able, I don't remember).

so, no there will not be any 'normal' mk XII VR antiproton weapons on the exchange.
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you don't have access to a fleet, I suggest using the MK XI purples from the mission Fluidic Dynamics. Each time you complete it, you will be able to choose between a Beam Array, or Dual Beam Bank. I know it is not MK XII purples, however they do work great, and are what I now use as a place holder till I can get the fleet ones.

They are also exchangeable, and can be sold on the exchange. I have been selling them from 300,000 - 500,000. So, they are also a great way to get EC. I average about 3-6 million EC per day from them, and the loot I get from doing the mission.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Also, since nobody mentioned it, it's worth noting the Voth AP are different than "normal" AP. The usual AP give a +20% ctrd bonus, no matter the mod on it, while the voth give a damage reduction proc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I bought some Mk XI Very Rares two years ago on the exchange. They must have been crafted.

Crafters: Are any of you left? If so, do you ever get Antiprotons from your crafting efforts?
    edited June 2014
    nccmark wrote: »
    I bought some Mk XI Very Rares two years ago on the exchange. They must have been crafted.

Crafters: Are any of you left? If so, do you ever get Antiprotons from your crafting efforts?
    I think we can. However, crafting is overpriced. You need unreplicateable material that can go up to 1K dil piece (and no way to reduce the price, since the crafting event is not there anymore). And you end up with a VR MKXI which is not that good anyway.

I think we can safely say crafting is in dire need of a revamp. Since the beginning in fact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2014
    I just checked it in-game. Yeah there's one to craft but it's only mk XI, barely more base damage than the ones from the episode rewards (just 8 more or something like that) and waaaaaay too expensive to craft (about 25k dili PER ARRAY!).

So much for crafting.....

erei1 wrote: »
    I think we can safely say crafting is in dire need of a revamp. Since the beginning in fact.

Truer words were never spoken.
  • tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Really, the best revamp they could have done is to tie in advanced crafting into the fleet holdings. To be able to craft the endgame items - fleet weapons and such - you would have to be a member of a fleet to have access to the proper R&D stations. To gain the items as a non-crafter, you would arrange to meet with the crafter as a group, and you put in the items, and the crafter does the final combine. Item drops into your inventory.

If you wanted more involvement from the crafter, you could make it so he has to build the item template, which would be bind on pickup, and he inserts it into the crafting window. You would still need to have the necessary tiers completed on the starbase and any special projects to unlock, as well as the provisions created with missions on the specific holdings.

For example, warp cores and singularity cores are bought currently from spires and dilithium mine holdings. Once you unlock those missions and complete them, where they would normally be available to buy, they would instead be unlocked for an appropriately skilled crafter to make them. You would require the provision, the dilithium, any EC requirements, and the template.

This would incorporate crafting on an end game level, add purpose to the fleet holdings, and advance player cooperation. I think that most crafters in almost all games feel that what they make should in all cases except a truly epic or elite event/mission/quest outperform quested items. Something like this would bring STO up to that level of expectation, while still serving the community, and still keeping n place the time and money sinks PWE wants for fleet holdings.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There are several options for AP Arrays outside of Fleet and Lock Box versions...though they're Mk XI instead of Mk XII. Mk XI -> Mk XII is ~10% more base damage before any bonus/power boosts. So it would be +10 DPV...+25 DPV at 125 Weapon Power...etc, etc, etc.

Crafting: Very Rare [CrtH][Dmg]x2

Dil Store: Very Rare [Acc][CrtH][Dmg] & Very Rare [CrtD]x2[Dmg]

Mission - Sphere of Influence: Rare [Acc]x2

Mission - Fluid Dynamics: Very Rare [Acc][CrtH][Dmg] (yes, the same ones from the Dil store) (Fluid Dynamics also offers VR Mk XI [Acc][CrtH][Dmg] DBBs and DCs (not DHCs, DCs))

edit: The difference between Rare and Very Rare, akin to the Mk XI to Mk XII, is ~2.5%.
  • meldrithpwmeldrithpw Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think we can. However, crafting is overpriced. You need unreplicateable material that can go up to 1K dil piece (and no way to reduce the price, since the crafting event is not there anymore). And you end up with a VR MKXI which is not that good anyway.

I think a crafting revamp is really the answer here. how many of us have slogged through a boring replay at lvl 50 to get a level appropriate version of that BoP we got at lvl 15?

The way I'd like to see it work is that you'd have to supply a (lower mark and or lower quality) version of the item you'd like to improve and choose what you'd like to improve about it--through the application of commodities (which have lost a great deal of their value with the rep system revamp). It makes sense that you'd need warp coils to improve a warp engine, or shield generators to improve a shield. These should be consumed in the process,

and the yield should be somewhat more controllable than the current random experimental upgrades doff mission, although I think that it should still be a doff mission.
  • tayalilytayalily Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thank you all for your responses. I can get fleet aps but I'd really want CritHx3 and because the fleet stuff always has damx2 or x3 you can't get it, which is very annoying :(. Unless I've missed something???
    Regards
  • meldrithpwmeldrithpw Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    know what you mean. I really need 4 mk xii CritDx3 on my ap boat.......

now if I could just get this crafting terminal to work the way I WANT it to work......
  • tayalilytayalily Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just checked the dps on normal, fluidic and voth mk XI and they are the same! (compared Acc CritH Dmg for each). I thought you lost dps to get the extra bonus! Does that man that the fluidic and voth are actually better than the normal?
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tayalily wrote: »
    Just checked the dps on normal, fluidic and voth mk XI and they are the same! (compared Acc CritH Dmg for each). I thought you lost dps to get the extra bonus! Does that man that the fluidic and voth are actually better than the normal?

The popups are wrong. Dmg also doesn't add 2x the dps of other modifiers, in fact it adds the least on higher mk weapons.
    edited June 2014
    Thank you all for your responses. I can get fleet aps but I'd really want CritHx3 and because the fleet stuff always has damx2 or x3 you can't get it, which is very annoying :(. Unless I've missed something???
    Regards

A friend of mine suggested that I choose the fleet AP weapon that has either CritH/D. Then, I choose the fleet tac consoles that have the opposite on them. This gives a good increase of CritH, and CritD.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
    edited June 2014

I used DBBs, and Beam Arrays for all three types. The normal AP will do more damage with critical hits. The Voth and Fluidic didn't do the extra damage on critical hits, but they do have the extra proc chance.

For example, the Voth will weaken the enemy on crit, and the Fluidic will have a chance to knock the enemy back. However, my average crit damage is lower with the Voth, and Fluidic than with the normal AP.

It is possible that my test may have not been accurate, however the results were the same every time I tested each one. That is why I just stopped using the Voth, and Fluidic. If they don't do the extra critical damage, then it is not worth it for me to give up for the procs.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,908 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nccmark wrote: »

you can only craft mk xi, and it costs more to craft than to buy from the D store.
    sig.jpg
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,908 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tiekosora wrote: »
    Really, the best revamp they could have done is to tie in advanced crafting into the fleet holdings. To be able to craft the endgame items - fleet weapons and such - you would have to be a member of a fleet to have access to the proper R&D stations. To gain the items as a non-crafter, you would arrange to meet with the crafter as a group, and you put in the items, and the crafter does the final combine. Item drops into your inventory.

If you wanted more involvement from the crafter, you could make it so he has to build the item template, which would be bind on pickup, and he inserts it into the crafting window. You would still need to have the necessary tiers completed on the starbase and any special projects to unlock, as well as the provisions created with missions on the specific holdings.

For example, warp cores and singularity cores are bought currently from spires and dilithium mine holdings. Once you unlock those missions and complete them, where they would normally be available to buy, they would instead be unlocked for an appropriately skilled crafter to make them. You would require the provision, the dilithium, any EC requirements, and the template.

This would incorporate crafting on an end game level, add purpose to the fleet holdings, and advance player cooperation. I think that most crafters in almost all games feel that what they make should in all cases except a truly epic or elite event/mission/quest outperform quested items. Something like this would bring STO up to that level of expectation, while still serving the community, and still keeping n place the time and money sinks PWE wants for fleet holdings.

so why would that be "best"? some of us don't want anything to do with fleets. been there done that got the shaft from.
    sig.jpg
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    you can only craft mk xi, and it costs more to craft than to buy from the D store.

Yep. Crafting bites these days. Before the Dilithium cost was added, I used to craft stuff for people all of the time. Need an endgame Quantum Torpedo Launcher, random stranger? Here you go, free of charge! You want an Antiproton Array? Here it is, no fee required!

But now? Sorry, I am not spending half a week grinding dilithium to craft stuff weaker than what can be gotten from Missions or off of the Exchange. I might be a nice guy, but I'm not stupid.
    edited June 2014
    To make it simple, "normal" AP comes with an extra [ctrd] mod, for free, (IE is not counted toward the maximum number of mod allowed by the rarity), but doesn't have any proc. The ctrd means your crit hit harder (20% more in this case), but since it's based on crit, and thus, random, the tooltip doesn't mention any DPS increase.
    The Voth ap doesn't have the extra [ctrd] mod, but they have a damage debuff proc.

Which mean the normal ap have 1 more mod than any other weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    To make it simple, "normal" AP comes with an extra [ctrd] mod, for free, (IE is not counted toward the maximum number of mod allowed by the rarity), but doesn't have any proc. The ctrd means your crit hit harder (20% more in this case), but since it's based on crit, and thus, random, the tooltip doesn't mention any DPS increase.
    The Voth ap doesn't have the extra [ctrd] mod, but they have a damage debuff proc.

Which mean the normal ap have 1 more mod than any other weapon.

That's going to be a matter of perspective and how one looks at things.

Since a weapon gives up a "mod" for a proc, the mod = proc, and thus the proc is a mod.

Weapons with two mods give up two procs, etc, etc, etc. Note, the Nanites are two half procs and thus only give up a single mod.

AP [Acc][CrtH][Dmg] can be seen as [Acc][CrtD][CrtH][Dmg]...
    Phaser [Acc][CrtH][Dmg] can be seen as [Acc][CrtH][Dmg][Phaser]...
    Polarized Disruptor [Acc][CrtH] can be seen as [Acc][CrtH][Disruptor][Polaron]...

It's kind of funny too, if one stops to think about it. What's the base CrtH on a character? 2.5%...same as the majority of procs. Yep, there's a base 2.5% chance to do that extra critical damage.

Course, AP's the only "proc" that you can directly increase the chance of - and - there's folks running around with 20-40%+ chance with the "proc" instead of the 2.5%...

...can see why with the Voth and Fluidic AP they got away from that.