test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Apparently Cryptic doesn't want my money.

centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
Post edited by centersolace on

Comments

• Options
    rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thats Ok you (won't) be missed. More drinkies and ladeez for me. :D
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I assume this thread has to do with this.
    (Please note that swimwear does not fall under the uniform code for members of the various exploratory and military services, and thus such items are non-regulation for mission duty.)

The whole Off Duty costume slot has never made sense to me. You are able to fight in a Dress, Robes, or some other ridiculous outfit, but fighting in an outfit that gives excellent flexibility of movement is not allowed. The only outfit that might be better for flexibility of movement is a Betazoid Wedding suit, but for obvious reasons that I won't go into, IMO the swimsuit is better.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited May 2014

What exactly are you on about? All you did was say that there wasn't anything worthwhile in this summer event, though you didn't actually specify what qualifies as "worth while" or what could be improved. Also, you don't pay money during these events, so what's with the thread title?

Also, they added a lot of new interesting things this year, and I'm exited to find out what. :P
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    starkaos wrote: »

The whole Off Duty costume slot has never made sense to me. You are able to fight in a Dress, Robes, or some other ridiculous outfit, but fighting in an outfit that gives excellent flexibility of movement is not allowed. The only outfit that might be better for flexibility of movement is a Betazoid Wedding suit, but for obvious reasons that I won't go into, IMO the swimsuit is better.

To be fair, in the movies, and shows they never had fights in swim suits, but they did fight in off duty outfits.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    starkaos wrote: »

You are (partially) correct. But lets be honest with ourselves; what have they added that's really worth buying this time around? The new ship? Maybe. We'll see what the stats are like. The pets? Hah. Not until they give me more bank space. Surfboards/jetpacks? You mean more things I can only use on one map?

The other costumes I can use year round, what's wrong with the swimsuits?

I'd gladly pay $10-15 bucks to use this TRIBBLE year round. I guess all the threads about Cryptic being greedy are lies after all. In truth, they really don't want money. :(
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    To be fair, in the movies, and shows they never had fights in swim suits, but they did fight in off duty outfits.

You know, you're right. How come we can't fight shirtless? :confused:
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You have an 87% chance that the swimsuit mechanic will ship out bugged and allow you to equip it outside of Risa till they patch it.;)

Also WHERE ARE THE PICARD SPEEDOS...also yes to shirtless, with uniform pants, I'm all about equality, so women as well.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree, what's the point of grinding for things that are only useful on one map I have no incentive to visit after the grind event is over? Will gladly fork over zen but it's all about monetizing the lockboxes and I don't need any more ships.
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree, what's the point of grinding for things that are only useful on one map I have no incentive to visit after the grind event is over? Will gladly fork over zen but it's all about monetizing the lockboxes and I don't need any more ships.

It's called "Next year"
  • Options
    kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I just wanna know 2 things: can the Risian luxury cruiser travel to Fhloston Paradise, and does it come with a holo Plavalaguna?
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • Options
    shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Emergency Power to Party

Er......... what?
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Er......... what?

it's a very special power that allows you to increase the effectiveness of your transporter so you can get non-replicated bloodwine for you crew whenever you wish no matter where you are. and you can broadcast the warrior's anthem to all ship in the area.

or at least that is my theory. :P

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Don't really care if you don't like it - I'm just glad I don't have to see your bloody characters in stupid bikinis running around ESD.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    walshicus wrote: »
    Don't really care if you don't like it - I'm just glad I don't have to see your bloody characters in stupid bikinis running around ESD.

Ha...first thing i'm going to do is take my banked favors, buy a bikini, put it on and then warp back to ESD..JUST BECAUSE I CAN (it'll be soooo awesome if it's bugged and i can run around in it hehe :P)

for real, the number of puritans in this game is astounding

considering Star Trek is supposed to take place in a socially progressive and sexually liberated society :D
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i cant have my bikini outside Risa but i can turn any place in the game into Saturday Night Fever.....

and come on guys a bug we want to happen lol that will be the one thing that works right for a change :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So save your cash for the next expansion?
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    there is a question, does the game just not let you go anywhere in the bikini, or does it switch you into something else.

also my fed is fighting in the kahn outfit, you know the one that make him look like the guy who killed spock tortued and killed other starfleet officers, plus was a evil dictator.

my kdf's boff orion sci officer use to run around in the sexy cave/slave girl outfit. and thats not getting into the stuff with boob windows.

why are bikini's a problem again. moreso with all the feds nearly literally drooling to get orion with said cave/slave girl outfit.
    coupaholic wrote: »
    So save your cash for the next expansion?

isn't that going to be free like lor?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wait, are you sure we can't use them outside of Risa? All I thought is that they were off-duty pieces...

:\

I was excited about getting some new clothes options, too :(
  • Options
    latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Eh, doesn't bother me.

What is interesting though, is the cruisers hull being the same as the corvettes. Hopefully it will mean the same level of customization. I look forward to having the most fabulous ship around!
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • Options
    joshglassjoshglass Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Where does it specifically say you can't wear swim suits off Risa? It makes some quip about them not being Regulation for missions and that's it in the write up, which doesn't include anything more than a news story about any event would have. (I'm totally sure formal dresses and the like would be considered regulation for duty right?) Is there some post by the dev team about the swimwear being only usable on Risa somewhere other than this quip? Link please.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    joshglass wrote: »
    Where does it specifically say you can't wear swim suits off Risa? It makes some quip about them not being Regulation for missions and that's it in the write up, which doesn't include anything more than a news story about any event would have. (I'm totally sure formal dresses and the like would be considered regulation for duty right?) Is there some post by the dev team about the swimwear being only usable on Risa somewhere other than this quip? Link please.

1. Go to Risa speak to the Tailor
    2. See Dev Blog
    3. It's kind of known for over 2 months now, we already got lots & lots of Threads people complaining ...
    DevBlog wrote:
    (Please note that swimwear does not fall under the uniform code for members of the various exploratory and military services, and thus such items are non-regulation for mission duty.)
    Note that swimwear isn't considered Duty wear - you can only wear it on vacation here!
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2014
    walshicus wrote: »

You WILL see my Orions in Bikini's Everywhere but ESD
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    all i know is, the forum will burn in anger, when the regular players realize they can't get the swimsuit to work outside of risa lol, since most players don't even read the forums.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    phoenicius wrote: »
    all i know is, the forum will burn in anger, when the regular players realize they can't get the swimsuit to work outside of risa lol, since most players don't even read the forums.

lmfao this is soo very true THE FORUMS WILL BURNN!!!!!!! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Some men just want to watch the world burn. :P
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have been waiting for swim wear and if there isn't any Picard speedos like I have been asking for oh so nicely (in my mind at least) I will be standing on Risa in full uniform staring at people like worf did.

Just sayin.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Nor do they read NPC prompts, since the swimsuit lady tells you as much.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    askray wrote: »
    I have been waiting for swim wear and if there isn't any Picard speedos like I have been asking for oh so nicely (in my mind at least) I will be standing on Risa in full uniform staring at people like worf did.

Just sayin.

Nothing wrong with that. Last year, I ran around on Risa in uniform, with a sidearm.
This discussion has been closed.