test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lobi Shuttles and Space Gear Sale (Now Ended)

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Fly into this week’s Shuttle Weekend Event with some of the shuttles on sale for 30% off! From Thursday May 29th at 10AM PDT to Monday June 2nd at 10AM PDT, grab up a new shuttle or some space gear!

Withstand anything the enemy can throw at you in the Voth Heavy Fighter or dodge incoming fire in the nimble Tholian Widow Fighter. Decimate your enemies with the Aeon Timeship or make the wise investment of getting a Ferengi Shuttle. In addition to great shuttles going on sale, we have some wonderful Space Gear to further customize your crafts this weekend. Check out some of the ships and gear going on sale for a limited time only!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hrmm, not so upset about the downtime at the end of the Lobi event now...that's a nifty sale.
  • sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    if we would have known before , maybe some wouldnt have spent all the lobi directly...
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    sophus84at wrote: »
    if we would have known before , maybe some wouldnt have spent all the lobi directly...

It tends to be the way things are done.

Event for something.
    Folks get it - use it.
    Then a sale comes.

Usually see it with key sales before the next box comes out sort of thing...I'd forgotten about the Lobi item sales...meh.
    edited May 2014
    Course, the fun part with this will be how much higher the EC prices for keys go - and - how much higher ZEN goes as folks think about Dil->ZEN instead of paying the higher EC prices for keys...to the point that folks just open the wallets for ZEN instead.
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Personal favorite:
    The Rapid Fire Missile Launcher is a good purchase. 180 degree launch radius. Decent kinetic damage. Benefits from torpedo spread skills. And the visuals are fantastic. (Reminds me of Macross.)

Does anyone have thoughts on whether the Jem'Hadar space set is worthwhile?
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Mmmmmmmmm Rozhenko Timeship Shuttle.....I'm gonna' save nicely on that one! :)
    Good sale and 30% off - very worth it!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »
    Personal favorite:
    The Rapid Fire Missile Launcher is a good purchase. 180 degree launch radius. Decent kinetic damage. Benefits from torpedo spread skills. (Reminds me of Macross.) And the visuals are fantastic.

Other than using it for triggering projectile doffs, it doesn't do a whole lot. It's visuals are pretty cool, though, I'll grant you that. Especially with Torpedo: Spread 3.

I ran it on my B'rel for a while, for the lolz. Decloak, rapid fire and missiles with torpedo spread 3. Oh, and don't forget to shout 'FIRE ZHE MISSILES!' every time.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can we get a sale when pvp is deleted? :D
    edited May 2014
    zathri83 wrote: »

*grmbl*

/10char
    edited May 2014
    zathri83 wrote: »

It will be a yard sale...they won't have internet, so no E-Bay...they'll old school selling off Cryptic memorabilia on the front lawn.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    30% off the shuttles, 30% off the consoles and gear too?

So, a 200 lobi console will be 140?

Same for the Mk XII space set upgrade?
    edited May 2014
    Whatever is on sale is in the blog.
    edited May 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    30% off the shuttles, 30% off the consoles and gear too?

So, a 200 lobi console will be 140?

Same for the Mk XII space set upgrade?

Aye, 30% off.

Space Gear (including the Jem Mk XII upgrade) is 140 instead of 200 Lobi.

The 300 Lobi smallcraft are down to 210.

edit: And yeah, Cryptic can hold off on the ZEN Raptor...er...I just spent the ZEN I had saved for that. :(
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I'm getting a "502 Bad Gateway" error on this link...:confused:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • lexxie1983lexxie1983 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm getting a "502 Bad Gateway" error on this link...:confused:

Me to.

cant log in to arc or steam either both tell me LOGIN HAS TIMED OUT!
    n8eym7c.jpg

click for bigger image
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh hell yes!
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've.. got to be honest; I let out some rather vulgar profanities when I saw this sale.. considering I finally just got around to picking up another part of the hirogen set with my built up lobi.

Saving 30% on $50 consoles and $75 shuttles is a pretty huge deal. I hope there are some people who will be able to take advantage of it...
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If only I had more console slots, I'd buy one or 2 of them.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Now, I have a serious question, with no Ba'al or bacon jokes.

Which shuttle is the best? Rommie faction, tac captain. Looking to run the shuttle NWS and later Atmosphere Assault.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just in time for the shuttle event too!

No supprise!

I was going to use lobi for a console but now realise i don't really need one and my main ships won't benefit from one. I've been eyeballing a few of the shuttles as something fun to play with so this is the ideal oportunity to get one. Saves a considerable amount too so i don't feel bad using the lobi. I spent no real world money on them and i had fun grinding them out in the event this month so they won't feel wasted.
    SulMatuul.png
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Bah. Now I have to decide if I really want that tachyokinetic console or if I want to keep saving my lobi up for a ship. Why you do this to me Cryptic?

why
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't think these lobi sales are very fair to people that ground out or bought a lot of that stuff already. It will make me think twice before spending money for lobi now.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Aye, 30% off.

Space Gear (including the Jem Mk XII upgrade) is 140 instead of 200 Lobi.

The 300 Lobi smallcraft are down to 210.

edit: And yeah, Cryptic can hold off on the ZEN Raptor...er...I just spent the ZEN I had saved for that. :(

Think I might be taking my 1k+ lobi shopping over the weekend.

That Elachi set might work well with a disruptor heavy build.
  • nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    I don't think these lobi sales are very fair to people that ground out or bought a lot of that stuff already. It will make me think twice before spending money for lobi now.

My laptop was on clearance when I bought it earlier this year, it was a steep discount compared to it's normal price. Was that unfair of Best Buy to do after customers had bought it full price? C'mon, a sale is a sale, of course some people are going to have buyer's remorse after one crops up.

Looks like I'm going to have to buckle down and pick a set while the sale's on. I've had my eye on the Silent Enemy and Temporal Warfare sets for quite some time...
    edited May 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Think I might be taking my 1k+ lobi shopping over the weekend.

That Elachi set might work well with a disruptor heavy build.

I think the Elachi set damage bonus works on base damage. It won't be anything spectacular. But I'm sure VD will be able to enlighten you more on the subject of base damage boosts vs. other damage boosts. Search around on the forum for those.

It's one of those inconsistencies in UI information. Sometimes they apply a base damage boost, sometimes they apply their boost after other modifiers. It's a mess, really.

I will, however, recommend the console. Critical Severity is always nice. Also, I don't think the torpedo does splash damage, so you'll be save when launching it from close range. However, the Undine and Gravimetric torpedo are *far* superior, especially with the Dyson weapon set.
    edited May 2014
    jaegernl wrote: »
    I think the Elachi set damage bonus works on base damage. It won't be anything spectacular. But I'm sure VD will be able to enlighten you more on the subject of base damage boosts vs. other damage boosts. Search around on the forum for those.

It's one of those inconsistencies in UI information. Sometimes they apply a base damage boost, sometimes they apply their boost after other modifiers. It's a mess, really.

Yeah, it's a strength boost (base damage) rather than a bonus boost like we see here and there...like with the 2pc Counter-Command's boost for Phaser/Disruptor.

Both of the weapons are [CrtD]x3 (+60% Critical Severity) - so no Acc coming from them.

The console is one of the few sources outside of skill for Subspace Decompiler though. You also pick up some more CrtD (for folks looking at making the choice between Locators and Exploiters) with it. Also gives some hull while the 2pc also gives some shields.

I'm a goofball...so I mainly want the 3pc for Haywires on a Guramba. :D

edit: There's more...
    jaegernl wrote: »
    I will, however, recommend the console. Critical Severity is always nice. Also, I don't think the torpedo does splash damage, so you'll be save when launching it from close range. However, the Undine and Gravimetric torpedo are *far* superior, especially with the Dyson weapon set.

Yeah, to add in about the Elachi Subspace Torp...it's boosted by Tric consoles, as far as which boosts it. HY is a targetable rather than a salvo - does not splash (not you, not them)...as a slowish targetable it tends to get popped before getting near anything. It does have that chance to stun...so running it with a TS can't miss...working in some Intimidating Strikes (so you're looking at the chance to stun or confuse) can be fun. But it's not going to come near what you can do with the E-Bio or Grav Photons with how Photon happy everything is.

edit: Corrected with info from jaegernl...
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, it's a strength boost (base damage) rather than a bonus boost like we see here and there...like with the 2pc Counter-Command's boost for Phaser/Disruptor.

Both of the weapons are [CrtD]x3 (+60% Critical Severity) - so no Acc coming from them.

The console is one of the few sources outside of skill for Subspace Decompiler though. You also pick up some more CrtD (for folks looking at making the choice between Locators and Exploiters) with it. Also gives some hull while the 2pc also gives some shields.

I'm a goofball...so I mainly want the 3pc for Haywires on a Guramba. :D

edit: There's more...

Yeah, to add in about the Elachi Subspace Torp...it's boosted by Tric consoles, as far as which boosts it. HY is a targetable rather than a salvo - not sure what the splash would be, but it can splash you...as a slowish targetable it tends to get popped before getting near anything. It does have that chance to stun...so running it with a TS can't miss...working in some Intimidating Strikes (so you're looking at the chance to stun or confuse) can be fun. But it's not going to come near what you can do with the E-Bio or Grav Photons with how Photon happy everything is.

It does do splash damage? I vaguely remember - considering I usually play intoxicated - that Mini said it didn't. When it first came out, I think he went for tricobomber 2.0.

Also, like you said, Torpedo: Spread doesn't miss, so the CritDx3 modifier isn't any problem when used with TS.

edit: or when you do PvE. But again: Better results will be had when you just use Gravimetric and the Undine torp.
    Oh, and protip: spec particle gens for the Gravimetric's rift, yo.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Bah. Now I have to decide if I really want that tachyokinetic console or if I want to keep saving my lobi up for a ship. Why you do this to me Cryptic?

why

I'd go fo the Console, because I have learned to buy the Lobi Ships from the Exchange. I keep the Lobi for gear.
    edited May 2014
    I'd go fo the Console, because I have learned to buy the Lobi Ships from the Exchange. I keep the Lobi for gear.

I agree with Fred (Or Manfred) here. Getting your Lobi ships from the exchange will be far, *far* cheaper than using your lobi to purchase them. Most of them run at about, what, 90mil now? With keys doing 2,5, you're better off selling your keys on the exchange than opening up about 160 boxes to get the lobi you need.

Of course, the cheapest way is just grinding that 90 mil, which isn't all that hard anyway.

disclaimer: If everyone stops opening boxes, we're all fornicated. So please, my fellow STO players, keep opening those boxes and putting your lobi ships on the exchange.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just got the Taychokinetic converter and elachi console for jusy under 300 lobi proper bargain
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]