test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STRATEGY for 20 player No Win Scenario (Shuttle Weekend Event (5/29/14 - 6/2/14)

tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Academy
Hello Captains,
With the Shuttle Weekend Event (5/29 10AM PDT - 6/2 10AM PDT), the "No Win Scenario" goes from five (5) players to twenty (20) players!

Pease use this thread here to share your strategies, successes or failures in playing this 20-player event.

More information

Event announcement thread
:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=17191211

Event announcement blog post:
http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/5005493

Personally, I'm excited about this event!!
Post edited by tucana66 on

Comments

• Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Good luck to all of you! :)

I am sure you will all enjoy the action while flying in your shuttles!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    20 players, shuttles, and the invisible weapons bug?? fun?? i dont think so.. lol, but well, good luck everyone!. :P
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For KDF, Aceton will be quite useful. Ill try first with a torpboat-approch and Torpedospread+Gravimetric. Isometric and Pointdefence should be useful, too. On Fed ill take my yellowstone first, even though 2 BOs would be better, but well, would have to buy a new shuttle for it and i would only do that, if its really necessary. On Fed, since Aceton is not avaiable, i think the third console should be Bioneural Circuits or how its called (black hole).

Since its a team, a few FAW-Spammers should be nice, to get enemies shieldfacings down, and then, well, spread the death over them^^

I hope it will be fun and challenging, but the Bug-Potential is very, very big with this NWS-Event^^
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I just dont know why people like to fly shuttles. Its the most terrible thing you can do in STO. Sometimes you cant even see your own shuttle at all. So many dumb icons that makes the visibility almost zero. Not to mention the weapon graphics, so ridiculously big and sometimes the only thing you can see are fireworks. But well, if people likes that.. shuttle fights will be great if they were revamped and made more realistic, but right now.. they are just perfectly avoidable lol.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My first thought is a mixed team. Fighters for a Spread1/CRF1 combo, the kinds of shuttles with 2 boff stations as healers, aceton assimilators for anti-warhead work (so wish this was cross-faction), and the EWP engines off the Yellowstone for CC utility? Maybe do it up in squadrons, one guy who just swings in to EWP a wave, 3 guys to focus fully on damage, and a healer on standby with ST1/ET1?

Getting 20 coordinated people though......that sounds harder than the mission itself.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My thought is that nothing which requires 20 players is going to involve any semblance of strategy, since it would be a herculean task to even *GET* 20 players together by any means other than pugging it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So the question is: Should we use the 350 AP beam, or the Shuttle cannons, or torpedos?
  • Options
    catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited May 2014
    My thought is that nothing which requires 20 players is going to involve any semblance of strategy, since it would be a herculean task to even *GET* 20 players together by any means other than pugging it.

Kindergarteners playing soccer is my strategy inspiration for the Undine battlespace. I think it will work for this. ;)
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hmmmm, so MAYBE a reason to fly my decked out time shuttle (I got it for the aeon paint on my wells) I have ONLY ever flown shuttles for mission progression that REQUIRES it, shuttle missions are painfully slow and make you feel like your flying a paper airplane... This sounds like it will be at least fun all though chaotic. so heres hoping.
  • Options
    tardes13tardes13 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm planning to try dual beam banks with FAW.

The aceton people were talking about, what is it ?

Wondering, any console worth unpacking from the big Legacy Pack, for rommies ?
  • Options
    lebtronlebtron Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    First question should be... which shuttle to take? Never tried to be very efficent with a shuttle...

Tholian, Voth and Aeon seem to have at least 2 boff seats, giving an advantage I guess. Aeon has additional sensor analysis, voth HEM. Console layout shouldnt be too important as most consoles would be universal.
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Interesting to see this thread :).

I was basing this on 5 man so 20 man changes things both better and maybe worse :S.

While I've got various ideas to test and think are the key to progressing I wouldn't suggest doing anything as it could be a single big target or many small or I could be wrong with my ideas completely necessitating a revamp.

No GW, no CSV, limited weapons and heals....hope it's a fun challenge that is beatable in 4 days Cryptic this time around I won't have 3 months to get a winning team:P!

I'll post my thoughts up once I know what works/doesn't work. At this late stage things we'll either have things we need or not only a few could we get like off the exchange.

Good luck to everyone 4 days before it goes away or an unknown time :confused:.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Answers to previous points:
    Aceton = aceton Assimilator - KDF side that is virtually indestructible and kills heavy torps - very nice.

Shuttle? I've got a doc drawn up but I'd need to edit it for public use. Most shuttles fall in to this category though:
    • 2 boff ens slots
    • 3 consoles either 1:1:1 or 2:1:0 (no 3:0:0)
    • Built in abilities hide the potential of a ship such as having extra heals HOWEVER it seems to be the case that they have long cooldowns as they aren't boff powers.
    • Hull, shields etc will vary to some degree but nothing like starships.
    • 2 fore weapons, 0 aft and 1-2 devices.

With this in mind shuttles will vary very little from one to another especially if you're going to use uni consoles.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Tacticals looking to deal a lot of damage should load up in Peregrines/To'Dujs, since their innate CRF1 is effected by Tactical Initiative.

Danube Runabouts are a good choice for just about anyone, since they have the built-in Tractor Beam 1, and the Yellowstone comes with the Tetryon Engine that allows you to dump warp plasma.

The Toron is almost identical to the Danube, except it has Jam Sensors instead of Tractor Beam.

The Romulan Commander's Gig deserves mention, since it's the only small craft that has Singularity Jump.

The Scorpion is interesting, while it doesn't have the built-in CRF of the Peregrine or the To'Duj, it does have Singularity Overload AND a Romulan Battle Cloak.

The Tal'Kyr support craft has 2 Ens Sci seats as well as an innate SIF Transfer ability, which is a hull heal, making it a good choice for a healer-type.

The Time Shuttles come with the special deflector that fires the Subatomic Disruptor beam, (Disruptor Damage), not to mention the Time Shuttles also have Sensor Analysis.

The Voth Heavy Fighter has Integrated Hazard Emitters with a Ens Engineer and Ens Universal, so it's quite versatile. Unfortunately these Hazard Emitters can only target yourself.

The Stalker Fighter comes with the Thoron generator, which deals small damage, but also drains the target's Aux power and has a chance to offline Aux as well.

The Ferengi Na'Far shuttle, while nothing special, since it only has 1 BOff seat and no innate abilities, does have the Metaphasic Shield, which gives you the Metaphasic Shield Array ability, in which your weapons and aux go offline, you slow down, but your shields gain massive damage resistance and even gain a RSP-like ability, and you become immune to teleport.
  • Options
    tardes13tardes13 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wondering about damage type aswell ...

Since there's so little BOFF skills, thinking maybe some

exotic weapon proc will help there ?

Any thoughts on this matter ?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Any non weapon item than can help in dealing damage or facilitate damage/healing is probably the way to go. There are a number of items that can do this but as many will have noticed there are so many limitations to shuttles that we can't have everything.

This point also applies to set bonuses (touched on in the stowiki NWS guide) so while 1 item may be uber cool going for a slightly inferior item with set 2 bonus might prove better. I've found a number of combos I'm interested in trying but think I've got my first loadout I'm happy with and kicks TRIBBLE in atmosphere assault.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jestersage wrote: »
    So the question is: Should we use the 350 AP beam, or the Shuttle cannons, or torpedos?

The AP 360 array is probably the best standard array, for those who need the 360 arc.

For those who prefer to deliver huge dps bursts, than DHC's would be more suited, as for torpedoes well they are useful, but so is the KCB.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My plan?

To'duj/toron

4pc solonae set (for the awesome metaphasic rsp without the ferengi shield)

tholian rep console for + beam accuracy

faw1

and cheese... lots of cheese
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Last minute testing in AA netted me up to 2.2k dps with 2.7k at one point so now the server is down I'm going to start writing up a doc with my thoughts and people can deduce what they like from that though until I know more about the event is very much subject to change. Got some handy ideas from a few friends so will test those and credit them in due course, so many things to consider now and so little time to test!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thinking about it, find myself coming to the Voth Heavy Fighter with its built-in HE1, plus EPTS1 and Spread1 in the boff stations, then the Omni-directional array and gravitmetric torpedo. Use the MACO/Adapted KHG 3-piece so that you can use the Heavy Graviton Beam to CC dreadnoughts (especially if you pop an aux battery first), and keep an alternate loadout that turns the boff stations into ET1/ST1 and their cooldown doffs for when you need to heal up the transport or teammates. Consoles use a tac energy console, some kind of neutronium, and either the Aceton Assimilator or Point Defense Turret for anti warhead work. 20 of those, might work?
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nice job on trolling us Cryptic. The ships are the same, only damage seems to be adjusted. Bios still kill you big time. However, the giant mark awards make me forgive you :p.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Nice job on trolling us Cryptic. The ships are the same, only damage seems to be adjusted. Bios still kill you big time. However, the giant mark awards make me forgive you :p.

Does the point-defense turret on the warheads do x25 damage against you for being in a shuttle?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Does the point-defense turret on the warheads do x25 damage against you for being in a shuttle?

Not sure. I just know they still kill fast. About the same level as they would on a normal ship.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    It seems FA and NWS accolades/titles are linked with standard ones so thankfully no new accolades.

Basic 1 team per flank and decent builds can get up to 8-9 depending on race but I think it would take another step to get to 10 or beat it. For now I'm just enjoying the event :).
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    9 at least is definitely possible on KDF if you use stuff like acetons, providing you don't get scimitars spamming thalaron. 10 may be possible, but it remains to be seen.
  • Options
    captaintpolcaptaintpol Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It seems FA and NWS accolades/titles are linked with standard ones so thankfully no new accolades.

Basic 1 team per flank and decent builds can get up to 8-9 depending on race but I think it would take another step to get to 10 or beat it. For now I'm just enjoying the event :).[/QUOTE

Agree i do with silverwings, enjoy it, it is funs :D
    (STO)
    Matriarch of Banished Orion Girls. Neela D'tan
    @captaintpol (with many alts)
    May we sail and have fun always and forever. LLAP

(PC version NW)
    Arwen@captaintpol TR - Tully's of RiverRun
    Mai Kelly DC-Tully's of RiverRun
    Neela BumKisses HR-
    Arya Stark GF-
    Sansa Stark CW- Team Fencebane
    Crystal Marie OP-

(xbox version NW)
    Arwen@Admiral Jazdia TR- Team Fenebane
    Mai Kelly DC- " "
    Ahsoka Tano CW- " "
    Neela BumKisser HR- " "
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    8-9 with a pug or did you actually get 20 coordinated people somewhere? (Is that even possible?)
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    8-9 with a pug or did you actually get 20 coordinated people somewhere? (Is that even possible?)

Krik Protege channel, SPock Protege, 20k,30k, and you got a good pool