test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Turn on the Damn ratings already!

Enough is enough!

You've given the spotlites the ability to be fixed, now turn the ratings back on. You
are killing any new missions or missions released right before the season because
folks are not going to make special trips into the foundry missions just to rate missions
already played.

With the lame a** new rating system you concocted, you are hurting all the new
missions from having a chance to ever get up into the top 50 with the "unqualifying"
loot grabs you have left there.

How about you take the ones who don't qualify for rewards out of the top list, maybe the
new and old authors alike who spent countless hours creating content that is worthy of being
in the list could have a chance to be seen for a change, instead of the garbage you have left there!
ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
Post edited by thedukeofrock on

Comments

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    yeah, it's ridiculous the way the rank and file authors are screwed because they are scared their oh so precious spotlighted missions may get a few bad ratings due to Cryptic TRIBBLE up the Foundry. If you're going to 'lock down' the spotlights, lock them down in the same way you do the regular content as that rarely changes with season updates.

It's ridiculous that ratings (and donations)are off for an entire month+ every time we get a Season update.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Demanding is not going to fix anything.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ignore ashkrik... I want my dilithium!!!!!!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited May 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    ignore ashkrik... I want my dilithium!!!!!!

Only when you have an Undine mission make the spotlight.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Only when you have an Undine mission make the spotlight.

hmmm...
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,630 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Enough is enough!

You've given the spotlites the ability to be fixed, now turn the ratings back on. You
    are killing any new missions or missions released right before the season because
    folks are not going to make special trips into the foundry missions just to rate missions
    already played.

With the lame a** new rating system you concocted, you are hurting all the new
    missions from having a chance to ever get up into the top 50 with the "unqualifying"
    loot grabs you have left there.

How about you take the ones who don't qualify for rewards out of the top list, maybe the
    new and old authors alike who spent countless hours creating content that is worthy of being
    in the list could have a chance to be seen for a change, instead of the garbage you have left there!

I agree with the Duke.

Even though I have a Spotlight that is currently borked (dead people standing around looking like enemy NPCs), it is hurting the many other Foundry authors that could be getting ratings and feedback on their missions (not to mention Dilithium). And we authors live on feedback...or at least this one does. :P

The 'weighted' rating system is already a large enough hindrance to new missions getting played (for CapatainSmirk and Trendy, just in case you haven't seen it - this would fix that: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=943411), by having the ratings turned off for this amount of time does discourage (even more so) the creation of any new content for STO. And that's the life's blood of any MMO.

At this point I'd be happy to take a bunch of 1-stars on my mission to let new stories have a chance at life. (But again, see the link above - the ideas there came directly from the community and would do WONDERS for the Foundry). ;)
    edited May 2014
    When they do turn reviews back on, they need to do something about putting more emphasis on newer missions to help them.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    Reviews will be back on with tomorrow's update and maintenance.
    STO QA Team
  • borrowedtuneborrowedtune Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Crypticfrost comes through yet again. :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thedukeofrockthedukeofrock Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Thank you so very much Frost. :)

And don't get me wrong either, I had to correct a good deal of my missions with the ESD transporter room button, it just hurts any new content to be off so long. It was the time that bugged me the most, not that they were off initially.

Capthunter, I hope the dead Rommie standing bug gets fixed soon, I imagine that could be aggravating. A possible thought if you want to do it, since they are "dead" and face down, maybe sub them for other characters. As far as I can tell, my dead crewmwmbers are sill face down.
    ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
    by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
  • hypnosnakehypnosnake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Much obliged! :)
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,630 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    <snip>

Capthunter, I hope the dead Rommie standing bug gets fixed soon, I imagine that could be aggravating. A possible thought if you want to do it, since they are "dead" and face down, maybe sub them for other characters. As far as I can tell, my dead crewmwmbers are sill face down.

I'd love to swap them out...problem is my Spotlight isn't on the 'unlocked' list, so I can't edit it. CaptainSmirk is working to get it unlocked, but being busy with other stuff, it could be a while.

I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe, this 'maintenance' patch might include a fix for the Rommie bug - after all it does have the ratings 'turned back on' in it (and that isn't in the patch notes either ;))

I'm just happy that other authors can finally start getting their new stuff reviewed and hopefully start moving up on the normal missions list. :)

EDIT: No fix in the latest Patch :(
  • chepetico2chepetico2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Thanks to you and the STO team!

Joe_King

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please leave comments or suggestions on the main thread for Homage to Galris at the following link.
    Also feel free to check out some of my other projects at the following link.