test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best upgrade from T5 to fleet...

galadimangaladiman Member Posts: 346 Arc User
Hi all. I find myself sitting on 4 fleet modules and enough Dil to upgrade ships to fleet. I currently have the following characters flying the following main ships, which I play nearly equally often:

Fed Tac - Avenger
Fed Eng - Avenger
Fed Sci - Vesta

Klingon Tac - Mogh
Klingon Eng - Mogh (erm, see a pattern?)

Rom Tac - Daeinos
Rom Sci - Free Dyson Science ship.

Inspired by the "Best Ingame Purchases/Use of Zen" thread, and the great advice there, I was wondering if any of you could recommend what you see as the best 'bang for my buck' when it comes to upgrading to Fleet ships. I have yet to purchase any Fleet ships.

I'm actually pretty happy with the performance of most of these ships, though the looks of the Avenger still have me gnashing my teeth (still wishing I could get a Galaxy-D skin on that wretched thing!)...

My initial thoughts: Fleet Daeinos, because the Daeinos is one of the sexiest ships out there, and undeniably capable, imo..., And to upgrade my K Tac and F Tac to Fleet, because I think they might benefit most... and save the last.

I know the upgrades are generally standard (more hull, more shields, +1 console), but I'm looking for less tangible benefits (along the lines of, "...Since this ship is generally played with an Eng focus, the Eng slot on the Fleet ship seems to boost its performance more significantly than other Fleet upgrades...", etc.)

Is there enough benefit in upgrading these ships, and is there a particular T5 -->Fleet upgrade I should prioritize over others?

Thanks for the input, I'm still getting my head around a lot of aspects of the game. The number of variables is large...
Please reconsider ARC. Please make it optional, at the least. PLEASE.
It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
THE PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS.
Post edited by galadiman on

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,333 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Fleet Nova
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Fleet Nova

I hear ya, but I just don't like the look of the Nova. Personal preference thing.
    It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    every fed should have a fleet odyssey.
  • Options
    nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I got the Fleet non-Odyssey Star Cruiser instead. WATCHA GONNA DO NOWWW
    [maniacal laughter trailing into distance]

Srsly though get the Regent/FACR. Good ship for both engineer and tac, and 300% sexier than the Avenger.
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,333 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Ehw... just ehw. Hideous design.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014

That's just mean, Nina.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Ehw... just ehw. Hideous design.

Well, compared to the Avenger...

I don't like the looks of the Odyssey as much as the traditional Galaxy, but I would never call it Hideous. The split neck is interesting and attractive, however superfluous.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2014

im not even going to legitimize that claim by getting one. i still will never ever be convinced otherwise about that fail contest for NA only enterprise design a few years back, this i do not forgive or forget.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    well... you have 4 fleet modules, and own T5 ships.... you only need 1 fleet module to get the fleet version of a C-store T5 ship you own, so you can get several.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    tenkari wrote: »
    well... you have 4 fleet modules, and own T5 ships.... you only need 1 fleet module to get the fleet version of a C-store T5 ship you own, so you can get several.

Right. Just asking whether there are reccs like "Oh, get the Daeinos first - that felt like a HUGE jump from T5 to fleet. And quit that bad apple Dyson Science - the Daeinos works better even for a Sci. As for Mogh, it's not a big a jump, it feels better, but marginal."

Looking for ideas/opinions like that.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Save them for a Fleet Assault Negh'Var Refit...er...yeah, I'm delusional in thinking that will still happen.