test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Roleplayers in STO

duskstrider101duskstrider101 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Captain's Table (RP)
I've been playing STO on and off since 2012, but one thing I recently got to thinking about is I've never really seen any "in the world" roleplay. I've hopped among DS9, Earth Space Dock, the Academy, The First City, and I've yet to see any.

My second question is: is there an RP Fleet Alliance or RP fleet that is relatively active? If so, who do I need to contact to get involved?
Post edited by duskstrider101 on

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've been playing STO on and off since 2012, but one thing I recently got to thinking about is I've never really seen any "in the world" roleplay. I've hopped among DS9, Earth Space Dock, the Academy, The First City, and I've yet to see any.

My second question is: is there an RP Fleet Alliance or RP fleet that is relatively active? If so, who do I need to contact to get involved?

Well I know the answer to the first question at least. Roleplayers got chased off the major hubs long long ago because trolls and griefers exist. I will RP on Bajor with my friends, but that's about it for public maps because literally everywhere else that other players can visit will get trolled.

And no one say Drozana, that's not RP, it's the social trash bucket of STO.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    duskstrider101duskstrider101 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the reply! Do you happen to know of any active roleplaying fleets still around?
  • Options
    wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    26th Fleet run a starbase that's for RPing. Anyone can come in, not just 26th Fleet members, but you have to be invited, so presumably they can kick out trolls as necessary. Never found time to visit it myself yet, so I can't comment on how busy it is, but I saw the blogs:
    Guest Blog: Starbase 381
    Guest Blog: Open Starbase Project
    If you go there, I'd expect you might also meet members of other fleets that RP.

As for the others, what I was told by a couple of passers-by one time was that DS9 and occasionally Bajor were the only places that had much RP, but only certain times of day, Drozana was mainly dedicated to talking dirty and everywhere else you're out of luck. (The certain times of day certainly don't include 5pm-9pm British time, because that's when I play and I've hardly ever seen anything.)
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd just like to say that roleplay happens wherever you are. If you wear a Starfleet uniform, you're roleplaying, and you RP everywhere you go. You dont need a group for that, you are that.

Sidewalk theater/improv/LARP-in-the-park is something different, if thats what you're asking for.
  • Options
    maxgiovannimaxgiovanni Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd just like to say that roleplay happens wherever you are. If you wear a Starfleet uniform, you're roleplaying, and you RP everywhere you go. You dont need a group for that, you are that.

Sidewalk theater/improv/LARP-in-the-park is something different, if thats what you're asking for.

That's more individual immersion than active role play. Enjoyable for its own sake, but I suspect not quite the experience being sought.