test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Undine Rep Projects "Reward"

darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
Cruel joke or just someone's idea of a joke, either way it's not funny.

When we start a project on the Reputations we get a reward box with what is supposed to be a random item, right?
Random? Ok ok so it is somewhat random, that is to say that sometimes you get a space weapon and sometimes a ground weapon.
What I don't get is this......
On my KDF toon, the last 10 or more Rep projects that I've started have rewarded me with a "Bio-Molecular PHASER" Weapon! Phaser!
Om my Fed toon, which is nearly finished with T5 Undine Rep, I've gotten "Bio-Molecular DISRUPTER" weapons 99% of the time. The past 5-6 rep project rewards in a row have been of the "Disrupter" type.
So my Fed toon gets KDF weapons as a reward and my KDF toon gets Fed weapons. So basically the rewards amounts to whatever you can get for the weapons by selling it to a vender. Due to the fact that those rewards are "Bind on Pickup".
I generally use Fleet weapons of whatever type, and I really doubt that I would switch to the "Bio-Molecular" but if I was getting the correct weapon type for the toon in the reward box I might consider trying them out.
Not a rant here, I just think someone at Cryptic has a cruel and warped sense of humor.
Post edited by darpink on

Comments

• Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yep nothing but blue ground weapons over 80% of the time. They should take a look at that. It's not very random at all so it seems.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    darpink wrote: »
    Cruel joke or just someone's idea of a joke, either way it's not funny.

When we start a project on the Reputations we get a reward box with what is supposed to be a random item, right?
    Random? Ok ok so it is somewhat random, that is to say that sometimes you get a space weapon and sometimes a ground weapon.
    What I don't get is this......
    On my KDF toon, the last 10 or more Rep projects that I've started have rewarded me with a "Bio-Molecular PHASER" Weapon! Phaser!
    Om my Fed toon, which is nearly finished with T5 Undine Rep, I've gotten "Bio-Molecular DISRUPTER" weapons 99% of the time. The past 5-6 rep project rewards in a row have been of the "Disrupter" type.
    So my Fed toon gets KDF weapons as a reward and my KDF toon gets Fed weapons. So basically the rewards amounts to whatever you can get for the weapons by selling it to a vender. Due to the fact that those rewards are "Bind on Pickup".
    I generally use Fleet weapons of whatever type, and I really doubt that I would switch to the "Bio-Molecular" but if I was getting the correct weapon type for the toon in the reward box I might consider trying them out.
    Not a rant here, I just think someone at Cryptic has a cruel and warped sense of humor.

You talking about space or ground? On my Fed aligned Reman, which I've only gotten I think half way to tier 2...she has gotten a decent mix of Phaser and Disruptor...but yeah it's ground weapons only. Well I did get one blue photon mine...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I wasn't talking about the space to ground ratio. I'm talking about Fed toons being "Rewarded" with KDF weapons and KDF toons being "Rewarded" with Fed weapons 99% of the time.
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You could always buy the weapons you want with Dilithium? Or just wait until you get the one you want from the boxes.

I've completely geared out my Steamrunner with B-M-Ps just by running the Daily and Hourly projects.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    walshicus wrote: »
    You could always buy the weapons you want with Dilithium? Or just wait until you get the one you want from the boxes.

I've completely geared out my Steamrunner with B-M-Ps just by running the Daily and Hourly projects.
    It amazes me how folks seem to completely miss the point! LMAO, I never said I wanted the weapons, perhaps you should actually read the original post.
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nearly all Ive had is VR mk xi/xii ground weapons myself from Undine rep projects. All except for one were phaser.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What the hell you expect? you should not even getting anyting in first place. This is a change cryptic introduced but before that, you never got anything.

So, mostly it will be ground weapons. Because they are cheaper, and ground fights are less "important" than space fights. And more blue that purple ones. But i must say i received about 50/50 of blue/purple. I opened about 10 reward boxes so far and 90% ground weapons. But this is intended and there is nothing wrong with it. And i didnt find more disruptor of phasers, more or les the same quantity in any of my toons.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    darpink wrote: »
    I wasn't talking about the space to ground ratio. I'm talking about Fed toons being "Rewarded" with KDF weapons and KDF toons being "Rewarded" with Fed weapons 99% of the time.

Yeah, I noticed this too. My fed was getting nothing but disruptors most of the time, KDF was getting phasers. My Fed Romulan, however, got a mix of both. :P
  • Options
    davehilanderdavehilander Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Yeah, I noticed this too. My fed was getting nothing but disruptors most of the time, KDF was getting phasers. My Fed Romulan, however, got a mix of both. :P

Good to hear, I thought I had simply angered the random number gods. While I have gotten a mix, it does lean heavily in the opposite direction as canon. However it was even more painful when I got the perfect dual heavy... for my fed cruiser which can't equip it. It would be nice if they were account bound, but I find it hard to complain about dilithium free opportunities.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's called RNG, you had bad luck.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    It's called RNG, you had bad luck.

This. I would guess there are probably a hundred different items or so, of both phaser and disruptor flavours. Almost a lockbox grand prize probability.

ETA - for clarity, I mean to get a specific weapon of specific mods of a specific energy flavour.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    This. I would guess there are probably a hundred different items or so, of both phaser and disruptor flavours. Almost a lockbox grand prize probability.

Yea, you have both energy types, then tons of different mod combinations that could drop.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png