test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Space set - Valdore console

edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Academy
I have a couple of questions about the Valdore Console (Shield absorptive frequency generator) and the romulan/reman space set,

How can i know the proc of the console is working?? i cant see any icon in the screen telling me the proc is aplying. Is there any way to know this?

Now, i am thinking on buying in a near future the mogai refit to make the 2 pieces set. Is it worthy?

About the romulan set (or the reman one, cant remember now), it says the 2-piece set gives you boost on plasma damage. Is this applied to torps or only to energy weapons? or maybe just to the dot plasma damage?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by edgecrysger on

Comments

• dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1. You will notice light blue numbers floating up away from your ship...this is a shield heal. Not distinctive from other heals but if you didn't pop a shield heal and see it, it was probably the valdore

2. 2p romulan weapon set boosts energy damage only. 2p space equipment set gives a speed/defense boost to high yield torps

3. The valdore is a must have, all romulans should have it. Don't worry about the 2p
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Valdore shield heal also has a graphic around the starship itself.

It appears as a single pulse of green TSS heal.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Isn't there a weird sound effect as well as the "healing pulse" graphic? Or is that the Borg heal? ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    Isn't there a weird sound effect as well as the "healing pulse" graphic? Or is that the Borg heal? ...

Hmm, now that you mention it, i think i hear something weird sometimes, and since im not sure what skill is giving me that sound, maybe thats the valdore console.

Well, i will pay more attention to the graphic hints, thank you guys.
  • ovinspaceovinspace Member Posts: 310
    edited May 2014
    The heals are reported in the combatlog that the parser uses, 'act' directly shows the healing gained from the valdore console, it does not seem to discriminate between useful and not useful heals( useful is when the shield is damaged and healed, not useful is a full health shield getting a boost it can't use.)

For a rom flying a rom ship the valdore and leech are close to essential, at least the valdore is a buy once deal.
    edited May 2014
    ovinspace wrote: »
    The heals are reported in the combatlog that the parser uses, 'act' directly shows the healing gained from the valdore console, it does not seem to discriminate between useful and not useful heals( useful is when the shield is damaged and healed, not useful is a full health shield getting a boost it can't use.)

For a rom flying a rom ship the valdore and leech are close to essential, at least the valdore is a buy once deal.

Yup i am in the process to get the plas as well when i can. I am not in a hurry. Can the plas leech be adquired by the exchange? i have it for my feds and my klingons, but im still didnt get it for my rommies.

I will check the combat log the next time. I just dont like to have things and not knowing if they work or not.. :P (and since there are so many bugs, one never knows..).
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If it's a Fed-aligned Rom, then you get the leech from the exchange. If it's a KDF-aligned Rom, then you get it from the C-Store Vandal Destroyer.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited May 2014
    If it's a Fed-aligned Rom, then you get the leech from the exchange. If it's a KDF-aligned Rom, then you get it from the C-Store Vandal Destroyer.

Oh right.. lol, i completely forgot that romulans are not a faction! xD. I already have the vandal (for my other klingon toons) xD, but i completely forgot tha the romulan alligned toons are klingons.. xD.
    For some weird reason i was thinking that romulans need an specific version as well.. xD.