test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dreadnought Bundle....

kira30kira30 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Romulan Discussion
Yes! I get to be one of the pissed off customers who spent $25-35 on a Scimitar (Reman Custom) only to find out you gotta buy all frigging three just to get the set abilities for one damn ship? :confused: Not only is this not easily pointed out to the customer unless you know exactly where to look but it's greedy and complete bull**** imo, and will be the last dollar I spend on this game. the ship is at best pretty decent unless outfitted properly and setup with the right AUX and WPN equipment...and you have to own all 3 for full potential? Yes this has been bitched about in other threads I'm sure but I could careless. This should be discounted for those who bought one and now need the others for all 3 abilities....should at least made the consoles available to be earned in-game via Faction REP or the store without having to buy all three ships, this is just ridiculous! :mad:
Post edited by kira30 on

Comments

• erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The set and how to obtain it is clearly being written in the description of each ship. You are the one that thought the set would come with a single ship.
    Then, you don't need the set to have a good ship. You'll only miss the thalaron device which is, according to a lot of people, useless (gameplay wise). And a small increase in turn rate, if I'm not mistaken.
    No big deal.

As for the consoles themselves, the shield while cloaked is extremely powerful, the other two are weak or situational.

Finally, the ship is extremely powerful. A cookie cutter and quite op a2b build will make you reach an incredibly high DPS. Otherwise, you can make nice builds out of it, but you need a bit of skill to make it work, especially if you go for a cannon build.

Don't blame cryptic because you imagined things and forget to read before spending 25$. And don't blame them because you don't know how to use this ship.
    Finally, every ship pack with any kind of set work that way in this game.

If you want advice about how to make it work, use the various posts about it before, or make your own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kira30kira30 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    The set and how to obtain it is clearly being written in the description of each ship. You are the one that thought the set would come with a single ship.
    Then, you don't need the set to have a good ship. You'll only miss the thalaron device which is, according to a lot of people, useless (gameplay wise). And a small increase in turn rate, if I'm not mistaken.
    No big deal.

As for the consoles themselves, the shield while cloaked is extremely powerful, the other two are weak or situational.

Finally, the ship is extremely powerful. A cookie cutter and quite op a2b build will make you reach an incredibly high DPS. Otherwise, you can make nice builds out of it, but you need a bit of skill to make it work, especially if you go for a cannon build.

Don't blame cryptic because you imagined things and forget to read before spending 25$. And don't blame them because you don't know how to use this ship.
    Finally, every ship pack with any kind of set work that way in this game.

If you want advice about how to make it work, use the various posts about it before, or make your own.

Good one Captain Obvious, I agree I should of read more into the info that could've been highlighted better and at the top, but if you can take your lips off Cryptics TRIBBLE for a sec consider this, the fact you have to buy all 3 ships for a mere set of abilities is pure greed and not worth $50....but yea I never said it was a bad ship just not the hype and all it could be great with the right setup.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maybe you should sue them and make a gamers' union.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kira30 wrote: »
    Good one Captain Obvious, I agree I should of read more into the info that could've been highlighted better and at the top
    You heard somewhere there was a 3 set console on the scimitar ship. Yet, you made an assumption probably without consulting any official source (otherwise you would have seen it). Now, you blame cryptic for it. They can't highlight everything. Some people want the consoles, other the seating, the consoles slots....
    For example, I don't care much about the console on a new Cstore ship, I always look for the seating/consoles slot first.
    but if you can take your lips off Cryptics TRIBBLE for a sec
    I side with cryptic for once, and suddenly I'm their b***. Good to know.
    consider this, the fact you have to buy all 3 ships for a mere set of abilities is pure greed and not worth $50....
    Yes it's expensive. And yes they are greedy (it's pretty much a fact by now). Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on which side you are), there is no law about greed.
    On the other hand, the console set is far from op or p2win. The best consoles are found on cheap ships (valdore, palmonic leech...).
    So it's not as bad in the end. Would you prefer the contrary ? Flavor console on cheap ships, and the best one for 50$ ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    which one did you buy?
    are you going pvp or pve?
    P58WJe7.jpg

• riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes! I get to be one of the pissed off customers who spent $25-35 on a Scimitar (Reman Custom) only to find out you gotta buy all frigging three just to get the set abilities for one damn ship? :confused: Not only is this not easily pointed out to the customer unless you know exactly where to look but it's greedy and complete bull**** imo, and will be the last dollar I spend on this game. the ship is at best pretty decent unless outfitted properly and setup with the right AUX and WPN equipment...and you have to own all 3 for full potential? Yes this has been bitched about in other threads I'm sure but I could careless. This should be discounted for those who bought one and now need the others for all 3 abilities....should at least made the consoles available to be earned in-game via Faction REP or the store without having to buy all three ships, this is just ridiculous! :mad:

Reading is OP plz nerf.

If you didn't read carefully description (because it's explained that every variant has its own console) is Cryptic fault for you being tard?

Just to put more wood on the raging fire, set IS a big deal especially for PvP, consoles are awesome.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited May 2014

This has been the case for pretty much all, if not all 3 pack ships, that the set bonus is tied to getting the 3 pack. Its clearly stated in all the Dev Blogs and the Store Descriptions.

Getting mad because you made an assumption and didn't bother reading doesn't make it greedy or BS, it makes you lazy and whiny.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    I side with cryptic for once, and suddenly I'm their b***. Good to know.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, wrote the book and starred in the straight to TV movie. I believe in blame where blame is due and the flip side credit where credit is due. I have been accused of being a hater and a fanboi, which are mutually exclusive traits.

On topic.

OP your fault not Cryptics, the description in the store says what console comes with which ship and it is quite clear and not hidden in small print. If you choose to assume and not read then the entire responsibility is yours and yours alone. I know accepting resposibility for your own actions and mistakes is not popular today, however that doesn't change the fact that you are.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Good one Captain Obvious, I agree I should of read more into the info that could've been highlighted better and at the top, but if you can take your lips off Cryptics TRIBBLE for a sec consider this, the fact you have to buy all 3 ships for a mere set of abilities is pure greed and not worth $50....but yea I never said it was a bad ship just not the hype and all it could be great with the right setup.

First off, you don't have to *buy* them...if you're patient and take your time you can grind out zen. Second...if you think these prices are high go check out MWO...least for $50 you're getting 3 consoles.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wow you are REALLY early on the train aren't you?

I mean thats the way 3-packs work for.... what? 2 years now?
    And its not like that isn't in the description or anything....
  • ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You have the right to voice your opinion, and cryptic has the right to provide the scimitar ships as a three pack and available for single purchase too.
    You only need Zen to get the missing scimitar(s) and the valdore console. With the dilithium exchange, you can sell dilithium for Zen and not spend a dime.
    You'll want to run several toons and earn your dilithium on each one, then use the exchange to put up ridiculously low offers and cancel all the offers on one toon to collect the lot. Once you have enough dilithium, sell it for Zen. There you go! You did not spend any money on the game!
    As for weapons, like beam arrays,dual beam banks or dual cannons, , there are AP weapons you can get from the fluid dynamics borg episode, just re-run it a bunch of times. Run sphere of influence or whatever episode it is to get the obelisk warp core and omni AP beam. Again, no money spent.
    The other stuff, like antiproton mag regulators, you may pick up along the way, or you can sell drops to earn EC and buy it from the exchange.

Many people have made the same kind of "mistake" you made and learned from it.

It all takes time and effort. If you like the game and are willing to grind out the missions to get the stuff, you can get what you want without spending any money.
  • ryvakenryvaken Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2014

As the twelfth Rule of Acquisition clearly states, anything worth selling is worth selling twice.
    You should also reference rules 8, 53, 82, 99, 104, 112 (always important), 141, 177, 190, and 284.

All cited rules are actually relevant (with some room for interpretation) but I held two more to cite explicitly.

#218: Always know what you're buying
    #272: Always inspect the merchandise before making a deal.

There's more than enough published information, official and otherwise, about everything available on the store. The in game description is very clear on what comes with the ship and five minutes of poking around online would give you all the details you'd need to make an informed decision. There's nothing underhanded or sinister to accuse Cryptic of, beyond the already inflated prices of everything in that store.

You decided to buy before you researched and your money didn't go as far as you thought. Here's a saying for real life: Caveat emptor. Let the buyer beware.
    Admiral Ryvaken, USS Arthra (NCC-947749), Aventine class.
    As the seventy-fourth Rule of Acquisition clearly states, knowledge equals profit. And I am a very rich Ferengi.
  • chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    reading Is Op Plz Nerf.

If You Didn't Read Carefully Description (because It's Explained That Every Variant Has Its Own Console) Is Cryptic Fault For You Being Tard?

Just To Put More Wood On The Raging Fire, Set Is A Big Deal Especially For Pvp, Consoles Are Awesome.

Y U Do Dis?
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ryvaken wrote: »
    As the twelfth Rule of Acquisition clearly states, anything worth selling is worth selling twice.
    You should also reference rules 8, 53, 82, 99, 104, 112 (always important), 141, 177, 190, and 284.

All cited rules are actually relevant (with some room for interpretation) but I held two more to cite explicitly.

#218: Always know what you're buying
    #272: Always inspect the merchandise before making a deal.

There's more than enough published information, official and otherwise, about everything available on the store. The in game description is very clear on what comes with the ship and five minutes of poking around online would give you all the details you'd need to make an informed decision. There's nothing underhanded or sinister to accuse Cryptic of, beyond the already inflated prices of everything in that store.

You decided to buy before you researched and your money didn't go as far as you thought. Here's a saying for real life: Caveat emptor. Let the buyer beware.

Agreed. People disparage capitalism and the Ferengi, but many of the Rules of Acquisition are inspired (if Machievellian).
  • ryvakenryvaken Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    davidwford wrote: »
    Agreed. People disparage capitalism and the Ferengi, but many of the Rules of Acquisition are inspired (if Machievellian).

As the 284th Rule of Acquisition clearly states, deep down, everyone is a Ferengi.

Everyone.
    Admiral Ryvaken, USS Arthra (NCC-947749), Aventine class.
    As the seventy-fourth Rule of Acquisition clearly states, knowledge equals profit. And I am a very rich Ferengi.