test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - May 21, 2014

salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update:

ST.40.20140427a.16

Notes:
  • Bare feet have been removed as an option in the tailor for Liberated Borg characters until they are fully implemented.
  • Bare Hips have been removed as an option in the tailor for Liberated Borg characters until they are fully implemented.
  • Male Liberated Borg characters now have a color palate in the tailor that accurately reflects the legal color choices.
Post edited by salamiinferno on

Comments

• Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wow.. You guys are really working much on fixing old graphic problems.

Is this the teamspirit influence of The Angel(o)? :D
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited May 2014
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update:

ST.40.20140427a.16

Notes:
    • Bare feet have been removed as an option in the tailor for Liberated Borg characters until they are fully implemented.
    • Bare Hips have been removed as an option in the tailor for Liberated Borg characters until they are fully implemented.
    • Male Liberated Borg characters now have a color palate in the tailor that accurately reflects the legal color choices.

ARRRRRRGH.... Where is our ColdSnapped?????? WHERE!! O.O
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Any updates on fixing the Orion Female trait Seductive? It's a racial trait I am not seeing in the Details information when you hit that button and not listed on the available trait list to select. It should be default on and is a required trait.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wow.. You guys are really working much on fixing old graphic problems.

Is this the teamspirit influence of The Angel(o)? :D

4+ years of basically pushing out new bugs and TRIBBLE loads of bugged or glitched items they needed people to come through and fix it before the whole game eventually became unplayable. Isn't really something one person got behind pushing it was a matter of people leaving who were shelling out moolah for lockboxes :) Tired of the same old TRIBBLE and working one day... then becoming broken and then for two years or more in most cases going unfixed or swept under the rug.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    4+ years of basically pushing out new bugs and TRIBBLE loads of bugged or glitched items they needed people to come through and fix it before the whole game eventually became unplayable. Isn't really something one person got behind pushing it was a matter of people leaving who were shelling out moolah for lockboxes :) Tired of the same old TRIBBLE and working one day... then becoming broken and then for two years or more in most cases going unfixed or swept under the rug.

You are pretty cranky today, aren't you ;)

Well, other players complain about old bugs not beeing fixed. Now Cryptic starts to concentrate more on older bugs. Players complain now about about fixing old bugs and not fixing newer bugs faster.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Change the above 4+ to 10+ years, and you've just described "EVE Online" too. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You are pretty cranky today, aren't you ;)

Well, other players complain about old bugs not beeing fixed. Now Cryptic starts to concentrate more on older bugs. Players complain now about about fixing old bugs and not fixing newer bugs faster.

Yep I always is cranky when my chemicals are not balanced lol :) I would just rather them concentrate on all of the bugs so that I don't have to keep that bug zapper going 25/8.
    Change the above 4+ to 10+ years, and you've just described "EVE Online" too. ;)

Yeah I don't see how anyone who releases massive amounts of bugs each release and doesn't clean them up on how they could possibly take pride in the work they do. I actually shy away from ever purchasing costumes due to the fact that in most cases they would be for a KDF character so there is no telling how long if ever that the costume will actually ever work much less jump up and down when a new one comes out to purchase it lol.
  • Options
    hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited May 2014

ST.40.20140427a.16

Notes:

So.. Does this mean y'all will eventually fix all of the combadge and other various clipping bugs caused by big TRIBBLE?
    The Jar kitty is watching you. :D
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Some KDF characters still have broken costume slots. Some can only use the first slot, which must be a uniform.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=897841

The summer event is coming soon. Will characters affected by this bug be able to wear Risian outfits and swimsuits?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Some KDF characters still have broken costume slots. Some can only use the first slot, which must be a uniform.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=897841

The summer event is coming soon. Will characters affected by this bug be able to wear Risian outfits and swimsuits?

I think that is the whole point of the fix.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    timelord79 wrote: »
    I think that is the whole point of the fix.

Which fix are your referring to? As far as I know, this is the last thing a dev had to say on the subject:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16922611&postcount=6

I don't see any indication that a fix will be available by the time of the summer event.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Which fix are your referring to? As far as I know, this is the last thing a dev had to say on the subject:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16922611&postcount=6

I don't see any indication that a fix will be available by the time of the summer event.

To even expect they will ever fix these broken costume problems is giving them way too much credit based on their track record. They are more interested in pushing out more broken content for people to buy than maintaining any kind of integrity they have left.

So to expect it to be fixed by then is not an important goal to them all they expect is regardless if the costumes work they want you to buy buy buy :) I just won't put any game resources into buying costumes until they fix the broken ones already out there especially for the KDF since we really don't have any canon looking ones and the STF KHG ones are the only thing close to looking Klingon and only some race/gender ones work unless you got them before season 7.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I really hope they fix the Trill spots. I can see the bikini's making the missing spots even more horribly noticeable but the gap between the head and neck already is a huge oversight.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    dpglerch wrote: »
    Its good to see old problems finally being addressed

Maybe... Just maybe, it means they will eventually fix the Galaxy X lance as well, as it's off center.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I really hope they fix the Trill spots. I can see the bikini's making the missing spots even more horribly noticeable but the gap between the head and neck already is a huge oversight.

You'll find that all the species would be the same if they had textures to, as you can see the seams on other species if you look hard enough. It's just the way the characters are made, so either they redo how the character models are done or they do something tidier with what we already have.

I'd rather they do a proper job with it though so if they have the time to do it let them get on with it but if not then better to wait than have a half-done job from a single dev with other priorities.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You'll find that all the species would be the same if they had textures to, as you can see the seams on other species if you look hard enough. It's just the way the characters are made, so either they redo how the character models are done or they do something tidier with what we already have.

I'd rather they do a proper job with it though so if they have the time to do it let them get on with it but if not then better to wait than have a half-done job from a single dev with other priorities.

I'd rather they do a proper job also. The Joined-Trill is a premium race choice. Because of that, it should get a slight priority due to people paying to have it. The textures or whatever weren't great in the first place but Season 9 has definitely made them much worse.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >