test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Building a disruptor monster

alsayyidalsayyid Member Posts: 115 Arc User
I have been running a AP DHC build on my mogh for some time now. I love the obelisk set bonus and the built in crit severity. After some reading of various threads I have discovered that the counter command two piece works like the obelisk. So I was wishing to work toward a disruptor setup.

I was thinking of heavy crescent, 4 DHCs up front, heavy turret and two turrets in the back. I would equip an amp core. 4 vuln locators, hydro compensator and elachi uni console.

Using the set bonus of counter command and silent enemy along with amp seems like it would give me a boost comparable or greater to the obelisk. However, the ap crit severity is lost. I am also unsure how good the crescent cannon is.

What do you guys think?
Post edited by alsayyid on

Comments

• Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    why not use also 1 elite fleet dhc and a new disruptor turret (radiation damage and - runspeed) so you have more proc's
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would opt for 2 of either the turrets, or DHC's to be of another disruptor type.

If you want to go with the lobi cannon, than either use another disruptor type for the other DHC, or replace the 2 extra turrets with another disruptor type.

I look forward to the undine disruptors myself, as it nets a disruptor proc, and with the matching set gets a 4.5% chance to incubate causing radiation damage often, if it isn't cleared which in a pvp scenario causes for player's to spam HE more often than needed, or suffer the hull burn.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you're klink, elite fleet disruptor proc is so far ahead of any other proc in dmg, no other disruptor weapon is worth considering, against anything that has shields.

Also keep in mind that proc is only 2.5%. If you mix in only one cannon of another disruptor type, it's not going to proc anyway.

As far as ap goes, it only gives a minor increase in crit severity, which parses higher numbers for you... if someone else has already applied debuffs for you.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd vote for elachi dual heavy cannons.

Aux2bat build (therefore amp core will have 3 of 4 systems above 75) suppose to yield 9.9% boost...pretty comparable to the obi 2p.

The disruptor boost from counter command is a 7.(5?)% boost to bonus as well...the use of amp and counter command should put you well over what the obi 2p was doing...plus fleet cores have other benefits

Couple food for thought crackers

1. Elachi 2p is base boost. You will notice little overall increase.

2. Kcb/assimilated console is amazing for all energy builds, should never pass it up if you have access
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    alsayyidalsayyid Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the input it is much appreciated. Once I get my rep high enough I think I will start fiddling around with some setups. Granted it is pretty much overkill, but that's the fun part of this game.
  • Options
    greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just for some extra info there's an excellent thread going on damage boosts:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1122341

IMHO the heavy crescent isn't worth sacrificing the DHC given that info. I also read that the regular disruptor and the nanite disruptor proc stack, but it might not be worth splitting your proc between that and the Elite Disruptor as mentioned above, you and the more informed players will have to decide that, just dropping my 2 cents.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dont forget the Nausican bonuses.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P