Install Arc

Weapons for best dps?

2»

Comments

• lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cirte86 wrote: »
    Greetings!

Simple question. Since release of sto i prefer Phaser. Oldschool and classic :)

But now iam in position, that i can spend lot of fleet marks into the mkxii fleet equipment.

Am iam right, if Antiproton Beams will provide the best dps?

AP is an excellent choice but to get the most out of it your build and skills set needs to be designed to maximize Crits. If you do that it's a great build, otherwise it's good. Rom Plasma is excellent when boosted with all of the Plasma boosting consoles and set bonuses. Fleet Plasma hits harder but doesn't have the proc that Rom Plasma does. With the new Disruptor boosts available now Disruptor is, IMO, once more an excellent choice. Fleet Disruptor hits harder but Polarized Disruptor has two mutually supportive procs. A good Disruptor build should be maxed for Flow Caps as much as possible. I currently use all 3 types on different Characters/Builds with almost equal effectiveness (though I admit to a special fondness for AP... mainly because I like to keep things simple :D)
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have a decked out Excelsior with plasma and a decked out Avenger with AP. Sh** dies faster with AP than Plasma. Polaron on my JHDC may be in the mix but the JHAS pets kill most things so fast it doesn't matter.
    HzLLhLB.gif