test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Build Mogh please need advice

iktankatiktankat Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Klingon Discussion
Hi,

Finally i bought the Mogh (normal; i am not in a fleet), my first build (for an engineer). I was thinking in:
  • KHG set
  • 3 dual beam banks
  • 1 torp photon front
  • 1 beam array front
  • KCB rear
  • 2 beam array rear

What do yo think? is a good setup?

In Doff i have only white:
shield distribution x2
damagecontrol x1
only i dont know the next 2

for your comments thank you

Qapla'
Post edited by iktankat on

Comments

• Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What Boff powers are you thinking of using?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Systems engineer is ghastly expensive and getting 3 technicians aren't cheap either.
    If you have some patience, there is a mission in the B'Tran cluster you can run, that you can get a blue or purple technician when it completes well. It's a 7 part chain mission. You really are going to miss out on what the Mogh can do if you don't have 3 technicians (at least one purple and 2 blue) to run the 2x auxillary to battery.

To open up the LT Universal station to better enable cannon builds, you really need DCEs to reduce EPTx abilities so that you only need a total of 2 of them, EPTS and EPTW.
    I'll assume you don't have good DCE's yet. I'll keep it simple and stick to beam arrays. Every ability listed below can be trained at Qo 'Nos. It might be a tad tanky for your style, but go ahead and start with this setup:

LCDR Tac - TT1, BFAW2, APB2
    Ens Tac - TT1
    CDR Eng - EPTS1, EPTW2, A2SIF2, RSP3
    LT Sci - HE1, HE2
    LT Uni (ENG) - EPTS1, EPTW2

1. If you won't get technicians, I highly recommend that you get 2 conn officers that reduce tactical team recharge, at least one blue and one purple. 2 purple is best. Check the exchange for them. When you have them, slot them in your active duty space roster and change one of the TT1 to a BFAW1.

2. If you can get EPTW3 trained by you or a friend/ fleet mate, change EPTW2 to A2SIF1 andA2SIF2 to EPTW3.

3. Cycle EPTWx and EPTSx as often as possible.

4. As far as I am concerned, RSP1 is just as good as RSP3 in replenishing shields when you have everything shooting at you. I'm sure someone can explain how RSP3 is way better, but even RSP1 usually replenishes all my shields when every baddie nearby wants to take me down. If you have a BOFF that has A2SIF3 already, by all means, slot A2SIF3 and use a lower RSP version. If you have a BOFF waiting to join your crew that has A2SIF3, use that one to train your ENG BOFF you have slotted in the CDR station.

5. If you can swing it, get a couple of purple damage control engineers that reduce emergency power abilities, slot them in your active duty space roster and it will open up some options for you.
    a. If you want to stay with beam arrays, you can change one EPTS1 to ET1, and then 1 EPTW2 to A2DAMP1, and the A2SIF2 to A2DAMP2. With Aux to Inertial Dampeners, there is a maintenance engineer that increases the duration of A2DAMP and adds resistances.
    b. If you want to switch to a cannon build, you could use universal LT station as Tactical and then open up a CRF1/ CSV1 and even a torp spread 1 and change the LCDR Tac to TT1, CRF1/ CSV1, A2B2 if you want to DHC/ Torp ship.
  • Options
    iktankatiktankat Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    What Boff powers are you thinking of using?

Sorry i forgot, here my actual boff setup

EnsTact: TT1
    LC Tact: TT1, BFAW2, APD2
    Com Eng: EPtS1, Aux2bat1, ET3, Aux2Sif3
    LTScience: HE1, PH2
    LTUniversal: TSS1, ST2
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The build you provided is a bit all over in weapons and BOFF abilities, probably because you are starting rather with what you have so far. So, try to focus on either broadsiding attacks with beam arrays or forward facing attacks with dual heavy cannons as your first goal to lock down.

I like broadsiding with cruisers and battle cruisers with low-ish turn rates, though the mogh is at the lower end of being able to make DHC's effective. I recommend that you scrounge up beam arrays if you can, since they can be obtained cheaply. The sphere of influence mission can be re-run multiple times to obtain antiproton MK XI ACCx2 beam arrays, if you have an AP tilt. Dominion Polaron's can be obtained in the Boldly the Rode mission, but polaron's aren't favored as much as those AP beams are, especially with the obelisk warp core and the omni directional AP beam adding extra AP damage.

If you only have white or green DOFFs so far, stick to a simple build like I posted previously.

In the mean time, I recommend that you head to the B'Tran cluster and get going on the 7 part chain to start farming technicians. When you have 1 purple and 2 blue technicians, then you can make that switch to the A2B build. It may take a few weeks of daily effort to see some results, so be patient.

If you are more inclined for turrets, DHC's and a torpedo in your builds, try:
    LCDR Tac - TT1, CRF1, APB2
    Ens Tac - TT1/ THY1
    CDR Eng - EPTS1, EPTW2, A2SIF2, RSP3
    LT Sci - HE1, HE2
    LT Uni (TAC) - THY1, CRF1

If you can get 2 purple conn officers to reduce tac team cooldown, change one TT1 into THY1 to put out some torpedo damage.
    You'll really need 2 purple damage control engineers to get EPTx cooldowns running right

Either way, DOFFs are very important to making the Mogh operate properly, even with a good build.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I definitely would not be using DBB weapons with any ship that has a low turn rate. I believe the Mogh's turn rate is 9 or 10 and I think that is a bit too low to keep your target within your firing arc. You are best off using beam weapons instead.

The slowest turning ship I would consider mounting DBB on is a Qin Heavy Raptor which has a turning rate of 15. In fact, I bought a Mirror Qin from the Exchange. I am currently trying to get Romulan Plasma DBB weapons to mount on it.

I can't really give you good recommendation for Doffs to slot since I have not even bothered with that aspect of Doffs yet. I am doing well enough at the moment where I do not feel I have to slot any Doffs yet.

I can say that KDF Rare and Very Rare Doffs can be very expensive. I have spent more than a decent amount of ECs building up Doffs for marauding missions. That still needs work though....