test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are the different builds for high DPS?

razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
I have played around with Aux2Bat. I do like it, however I was wanting to see what other builds were out there that help get high DPS.

I like to play around with different builds, and experiment with different ways to combine them just for fun. I do have 2 Romulans now, 1 Klingon, and 2 Federation characters. All of them have the Breen Raider, which does have a good bit of versatility with BOFF seating, and they all have the Science/Destroyer from the anniversary grind. My Romulans also have the Scimitar bundle. And my Federation characters have the C-Store Defiant with the cloak.

Fed- Tactical, Engineering.
Rom- Tactical, Engineering.
Klink- Engineering.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, other than A2B, that I may want to try out. If so, would you mind giving some detail about the build, and any DOFFs that I might need to get it to work?

I enjoy learning about different builds, and have experimented with a few over the past months. I have done so many combinations of A2B, and found the one I like. Now, I would like to see what else is out there. I tried to search the forums the past weeks, but it is hard to find other builds in them with the search because A2B is the most widely used on the forums, and is pretty much the only one that comes up.

I know that there are others out there, I used one before playing with A2B. Any help, and advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
Post edited by razar2380 on

Comments

• ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I got kinda annoyed by A2B builds, there are many better ways to use your Aux power on...

I personally enjoy "EptX" builds pretty much (2x Emergency power ability + 2x Damage control engineer DOFF + Warp core Eng DOFF, though that works best on an Engy due to traits). Basically you get two endless EptX powers which leads to a lot of extra energy and the abilities of your chosen powers (in my case usually EptW + EptS).
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm currently working on what I hope will be a high dps scimitar build soley for pvp. I have a lovely pve setup I've run for some time, but I'm sort of being brought into it by fleetmates.
    I'm going to try an alpha striking cannon build to compliment a fleetmates tanking oddy build. The idea being the enemy focuses fire on him and with his insane hull he takes it while I quickly dispatch them. (Probably cheese to come people now but its our first real move into competative pvp).
    Going rom/fleet dhc's+1single and quad plasma fore, turrets of the same flavour aft, with borg tech set, plasmodic leech, valdore console, borg 2pc space and maco or fleet covariant cap shield. No scimitar set consoles, but fleet rcs resall x2 in eng, borg,valdore,leech in sci and all fleet tac consoles in tac.
    That's the basic build I've sort of landed on trying. Its not done yet (its pricey lol!) But I know there are many other scimy buids alone, I've seen some impressive beam builds.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".