test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request: Option to hide head and hair selection columns

alchemistidalchemistid Member Posts: 74 Arc User
Title pretty much says it all. But to clarify, the columns for the prefab head and hair selections can clutter the customization window. Undo button aside, and it's easy to accidentally click on a prefab head and mess up one's appearance.

Could a check box or display button be added above the head and hair selections to collapse said columns when not in use?
Post edited by alchemistid on

Comments

• caderenardcaderenard Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree, I am not a fan of the presets always being there, often causes problems. Nice when your first making a character but after that a pain.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Been asked for many times since LOR came out on tribble, but there has been nothing but silence on the issue.

Don't expect an answer this time. :(
    I need a beer.

• eighrichteeighrichte Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Another reasonable option would be to move them both to the right side of the character portrait. That way you'd have no reason to move your mouse across either of them unless you actually wanted to click on one of them.
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    eighrichte wrote: »
    Another reasonable option would be to move them both to the right side of the character portrait. That way you'd have no reason to move your mouse across either of them unless you actually wanted to click on one of them.

Hey you, shut-up with your simple elegant solutions! A team of 10 working around the clock for a year is what this problem needs!
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Title pretty much says it all. But to clarify, the columns for the prefab head and hair selections can clutter the customization window. Undo button aside, and it's easy to accidentally click on a prefab head and mess up one's appearance.

Could a check box or display button be added above the head and hair selections to collapse said columns when not in use?
    eighrichte wrote: »
    Either of these would be good. Having the stupid portraits lining the character screen makes it too easy to accidentally change something. For the life of me I do not understand the need for making changes to the UI that makes things more complicated. Ever since LOR launched we've pretty much been stuck with a broken character editor that they seem hell bent on making more frustrating to use.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited June 2014

100% agree.

Those colums are just limiting the view with no aparent use at all.
    It's annoying and not a improvement at all.

Maybe the devs could just create a template window (similar to the uniform window), for those who don't want to spend too much time with the editor.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)