test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is your beef with the Tacofangs, Cryptic?

2»

Comments

• johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    I'll try to re-phrase the OP, then.

You and the rest of the Environment team should get Stephen D'Angelo's payrate while keeping your job. :D

Lateral thinking ftw.

Payrise for everyone!
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Payrise for everyone!

Relevant

/10chars
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    [*] EP = The Executive Producer is basically the Lead's Lead. They oversee the whole project, and help to maintain a cohesive game. They are still part of production, and might help to shape schedules. They work with the leads to figure out where the game is going, and how to get it there. They also deal much more with the business side of the game, which I know next to nothing about.
    [/LIST]

Don't forget that he is the person in charge of the Foundry for STO, according to Geko.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm declaring a new religion, The Followers of Latter Day Tacofangs!
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited May 2014
    emarosa26 wrote: »
    The Dominion is so much cooler visually than any Delta Quadrant bad guys...

Nah. The Breen are much cooler.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nah. The Breen are much cooler.

Point, that.

I want more Breen in STO, as well as more Dominion.

And I want the Kazon to all get burned to a crisp in a supernova.
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Insider info huh?

Also, I suspect the key word in that is "currently". Given that "currently" they're focusing on the Delta Quadrant and Voyager-related content because that's what "we" asked for.

It'll happen, eventually. It's logical.

Good, I want to see a Federation Intrepid Refit, done in the style of Voyager with borg adapted gear, a heavily tac orientated version, with 4 tac consoles, tac orientated boff seating (at least 1 commander tac) special shields and (Integrated ablative armor, NO CONSOLE unless they add +30 to energy weapons training to the current console, like the dkora's console has), as well as a single hangar that can only launch Janeway's borg adapted delta flyer.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    And I want the Kazon to all get burned to a crisp in a supernova.
    Not sure it's enough. They might survive, or use time travel to move to another dimension.

No, we need the Krenim weapon. To remove them from History, totally removed from existence. The only way to be sure.
    And who knows, once they are totally gone, and have never existed, we may have more interesting enemies for Voyager to replace them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Breen are much cooler.

OIC what you did there...
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2014
    It's too bad the 1st space portion of Step between the Stars has become a blurry mess with s9 its normally a beautiful map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OIC what you did there...
    I'm sure that one slide by a number of people.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited May 2014
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    It's too bad the 1st space portion of Step between the Stars has become a blurry mess with s9 its normally a beautiful map.

Try turning off "Cinematic Focus" in your options.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Well after I returned from taking a bold expedition into the foundry, I found such outfits labeled as "Cardassian - Jacket" and Cardassian 24rd century vest (can't recall what the latter one was)....

So... either we have some epic outfits coming, the cardassian npcs are getting an update, a spoon head faction is coming, or I'm lying ???

:P
    Details plz?
    erei1 wrote: »
    Not sure it's enough. They might survive, or use time travel to move to another dimension.

No, we need the Krenim weapon. To remove them from History, totally removed from existence. The only way to be sure.
    And who knows, once they are totally gone, and have never existed, we may have more interesting enemies for Voyager to replace them.
    Nah... I'm guessing they are the lesser of several evils and their eradication would make the universe a far worse place. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hopefully tacofangs is reading all of this with a big smile on his face.

For others at Cryptic/PWE who are reading this thread:

Quality work+ participation in the community (and listening to/acknowledging) = RESPECT and APPRECIATION from the customer base. For me, that equates to spending some $$ on STO -- and playing the game on a regular basis.

On a separate subject...
    re: Dominion/Cardassians: I don't foresee another faction any time soon. I think it would be an awesome opportunity for tacofangs and other devs to unleash their creativity. But I don't think the player (customer) base is large enough to add more factions to the game.

So, don't expect that Jem'Hadar Attack Bug or Cardassian Galor lockbox ships to enter the C-Store anytime soon.

I think we're more likely to get limited sector additions, e.g. Delta Quadrant (by way of the Jenolan Dyson Sphere opening) and Gamma Quadrant. Maybe we'll eventually see Exploration and Crafting changes in-game within the next year.

And the true endgame?

The Andromeda Galaxy. (Kelvans?) The Large (or Small) Magellanic Cloud. Time travel. Iconians.

It's time once again to go where no one has gone before. (Although I'd stilll like to see Andoria and other planet surfaces revamped... and with better gameplay introduced.)
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    Taco is amazing. Not only does he have the coolest spaceship toy collection in the studio (adorning his cube), but every time I walk by his desk (he sits 20 feet away from me), I see something amazing on his screen.
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    Taco is amazing. Not only does he have the coolest spaceship toy collection in the studio (adorning his cube), but every time I walk by his desk (he sits 20 feet away from me), I see something amazing on his screen.

You got a picture of that Cube?
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014

How about doing pictures of his screen with a small hidden camera whenever you go by his desk?

Just to see what awaits us in the next few month? Or you can also do this with following screens: yours, Jamz's, quack's, JoeJing's.

:D
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    I have heard that there are currently no plans for a Dominion faction

There shouldn't be any plans for any other factions until the Romulan Republic is upgraded to a faction from a fraction.
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2014
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think he accidentally showed us his desktop wall paper once. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Gekko said there will be no more factions that they are currently focusing on polishing the game now left is the Cardassian story line and the Fed - Romulan storyline.
    and there focus is now on the Delta Quadrant, Borg, Breen, Dominion, Cardassian they will wait :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."