test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Undine Assault space STF is ridiculous and pointless!

csagent31csagent31 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Takes 30-40 minutes long to do, the "boss" for it has 2,800,000 HP. Before that, there are 6 rifts to close and they are dependent on the Command Ship scanning them and telling you to blow it up, the Command Ship is easily destroyed if your team is weak or has bad luck. Then you'd have to wait for a minute for it to respawn.

This whole STF takes about 30-40 minutes to do even with a decent DPS team.

The rewards for all of this work? 40-45 Undine marks, 240 dil ore, 1 Isomorphic Injection.

On the plus side, it does get you tons of junk to sell for EC.

On the flip side, you net more Undine marks and Dil ore doing the Space Battlezone - in less time!! You can earn 200-300 Undine Marks in the Space Battlezone in an hour, maybe less, about 3k dil ore in an hour, also in maybe less time too.

Cryptic!! Boost rewards in Undine Assault or make it easier!! At its present state, it's pointless to do and it's just a exercise in frustration especially if you have impatient team members.
Post edited by csagent31 on

Comments

• Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The best tactic (unless you're supremely overpowered/fly a Scimitar) is to get all players working on one lane at a time, since in Elite splitting DPS between the three lanes often leads to anger and ragequitting because yeah, the Undine are absurdly powerful.

It's not pointless but i'll do VCE or (ideally) UIE instead because both are substantially more worth the effort.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The biggest problem I see is the inability of new players to join in if other players leave. Quite frankly, I dont blame them most of the time. This stf is similar to the hive onslaught. Extremely difficult, but not impossible of you have a certain team setup or a bunch of uber high dps ships. I actually have yet to complete one rudn on elite due to players leaving.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Don't pug, problem solved.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Undines in space are highly annoying (read annoying, not difficult, because they are not). Bubbles, bubbles, teleport, and some snaretorpedoes.
    I've found somewhere else to grind. IE the ground queued mission and the battlezone. Quicker, a lot more fun (or not for the battlezone), and more reward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    Undines in space are highly annoying (read annoying, not difficult, because they are not). Bubbles, bubbles, teleport, and some snaretorpedoes.
    I've found somewhere else to grind. IE the ground queued mission and the battlezone. Quicker, a lot more fun (or not for the battlezone), and more reward.

It goes with the trend of annoyance that started withTholians. Weapon offline was what passed for annoying back then, but seems like so little nowadays, after Voth, and now Undine. Instead of coming up with good gameplay mechanics, Cryptic just piles on the annoyances.;)
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    noblet wrote: »
    It goes with the trend of annoyance that started withTholians. Weapon offline was what passed for annoying back then, but seems like so little nowadays, after Voth, and now Undine. Instead of coming up with good gameplay mechanics, Cryptic just piles on the annoyances.;)

Every new NPC seems to contain at least one of the following, many times 2.

1) Sub Nuke
    2) Viral Matrix (or other subsystem disable)
    3) Snares (GW, shockwave, movement debuff basically)
    4) Space Spam (GW, Space Snot, TR, etc)
    5) Can't Hurt Me (Sensor Jam, voth cloaky thing, voth immune shield, voth aceton thingie)

It is getting old.
  • Options
    platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    See, you're not letting your ranged solo mid and your jungle gank is probably trash, so the enemy gets too much farm time and starts using Ults.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The boss has an unusually large amount of health when all you really do is sit there and shoot it for 10 minutes. I mean, it doesn't really do ANYTHING. AT ALL. It just sits there. At least in the BZ you have to disable shields at 50% and have Undine to contend with. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The best answer for this I can come up with, is they made it so the que based missions offer little reward, so you will instead play the new BZ.

Kind of why they wanted player's to due the voth BZ, instead of mission ques.

Same reason they prefer you to wander around new Romulus, as opposed to doing mission ques as well.

Seeing how there isn't really anything offered in this fashion for OM's, other than defera the borg STF's offer good OM's.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    See, you're not letting your ranged solo mid and your jungle gank is probably trash, so the enemy gets too much farm time and starts using Ults.

Make sure to report the other players for feeding
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2014
    csagent31 wrote: »
    Takes 30-40 minutes long to do, the "boss" for it has 2,800,000 HP. Before that, there are 6 rifts to close and they are dependent on the Command Ship scanning them and telling you to blow it up, the Command Ship is easily destroyed if your team is weak or has bad luck. Then you'd have to wait for a minute for it to respawn.

This whole STF takes about 30-40 minutes to do even with a decent DPS team.

The rewards for all of this work? 40-45 Undine marks, 240 dil ore, 1 Isomorphic Injection.

On the plus side, it does get you tons of junk to sell for EC.

On the flip side, you net more Undine marks and Dil ore doing the Space Battlezone - in less time!! You can earn 200-300 Undine Marks in the Space Battlezone in an hour, maybe less, about 3k dil ore in an hour, also in maybe less time too.

Cryptic!! Boost rewards in Undine Assault or make it easier!! At its present state, it's pointless to do and it's just a exercise in frustration especially if you have impatient team members.

Cryptic should do this content themselves with the dev team and adjust the rewards accordingly

30 to 40 minutes is about right

Rewards should be 300 marks /3500 dilithium.3 injectors
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    manlyyamsmanlyyams Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    MY biggest problem with this STF is the enormous HP of the planet killer itself. Even with uber high DPS, that thing takes freaking FOREVER to kill. And now they've made the bioplasma torpedo launchers untargetable and invulnerable, so that adds another level of annoyance to fighting the final giant angry walnet. That HP total needs to be halved or something. Because fighting the lanes down is one thing, that can be done 3 on one, two on the other with a good team, but that nut takes freaking FOREVER to crack once the lanes are clear.

Long story short, hit points need to be adjusted, because most of the time spent in this STF is, in my experience, spent trying to pop the Planet Killer itself. Even on Normal difficulty, its HP are ridiculous.