test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It might be time to nerf stealth module.

simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
Well I am getting tired of trolls in this game. I have been trolled to many times by someone with stealth module running a head and closing off STFs for the rest of the map. While I understand this is a small group of people it is starting to get more pronounced. Nothing more I love than playing in IGE and a tac with stealth module runs a head and activates the shields and will not let other players in to do the mission. These trolls sit and wait for the rest of the he team to leave so they will not get the leaver penalty. I think it is to much work to code all the missions with these style gate to wait for the entire team to enter. It is also to much work to get the entire team to report the single player. Which I should IMO be a one week ban if four people report you for the same action in the same event.

Here is the fixes that I would suggest.

1. Make all shielded areas wait for the entire team in order for them to go up.
2. Give players a kick from match ability
3. Nerf stealth module...which might be the easiest one to do. Give it a thirty second up time with a cooldown timer. While this might hurt PvPers, it would restore some game balance back into the game. I have seen players blow through regular mission in stealth module just to get them done faster.
320x240.jpg
Post edited by simeion1 on

Comments

• Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So, TL;DR - you were trolled by couple of tacs (either troll or noob) and now you want to troll everyone back by over-the-top measures? Lmvao
  • Options
    l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    So, TL;DR - you were trolled by couple of tacs (either troll or noob) and now you want to troll everyone back by over-the-top measures? Lmvao

How is having and expressing a legitimate concern trolling ?
    Since we are making assumptions I figure you must be one of these that ruins STF's for others because you think it is funny ergo a TROLL ?

You know ruining other peoples fun just for your own fun is antisocial behaviour and shows signs of mental disturbance. If you think this sort of behaviour is okay maybe you should look at how you were raised buy your parents (wrongly). I can understand someone doing a trollish action once for a laugh but repeatedly doing it by the same people, well that just goes to show they ARE mentally disturb !
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    l30p4rd wrote: »
    How is having and expressing a legitimate concern trolling ?
    Reread my post. Expressing is okay, proposing a nerf, like he did, for everyone to catch 5 trolly players == big nono.
    Since we are making assumptions I figure you must be one of these that ruins STF's for others because you think it is funny ergo a TROLL ?
    You assumed wrong. I will stay to finish every STF I'm in, with or without trolls. When someone is in need of EC or gear I'll give it to them for free. When someone can be helped by improving their build; no questions asked.
    You know ruining other peoples fun just for your own fun is antisocial behaviour and shows signs of mental disturbance. If you think this sort of behaviour is okay maybe you should look at how you were raised buy your parents (wrongly). I can understand someone doing a trollish action once for a laugh but repeatedly doing it by the same people, well that just goes to show they ARE mentally disturb !
    Trolls suck, but I can handle them fine. They want to troll, let them. I don't give a rats buttock. Just don't propose a "fix" which hurt proper players. Stay awesome, possum.
  • Options
    guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What STF? I can't think of anywhere that anyone, cloaker or otherwise, could proceed without completing the objectives along the way.
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    guriphu wrote: »
    What STF? I can't think of anywhere that anyone, cloaker or otherwise, could proceed without completing the objectives along the way.

I believe he is talking about Infected Ground Elite. A single player can run into the room with Assimilated Rebecca Simmons and AFK there while leaving the team unable to complete the mission. It is easiest to do with Stealth Module, but really any class can pull it off.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I believe he is talking about Infected Ground Elite. A single player can run into the room with Assimilated Rebecca Simmons and AFK there while leaving the team unable to complete the mission. It is easiest to do with Stealth Module, but really any class can pull it off.

You don't even need a kit to do that. Just walk through the door and crouch. The borg won't aggro and the shield will come up.

It does bring up a decent point, though. Inf should use something like the system in Hive to send defeated players to a death chamber, rather than locking the door on the way in.
  • Options
    mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    simeion1 wrote: »
    Well I am getting tired of trolls in this game. I have been trolled to many times by someone with stealth module running a head and closing off STFs for the rest of the map. While I understand this is a small group of people it is starting to get more pronounced. Nothing more I love than playing in IGE and a tac with stealth module runs a head and activates the shields and will not let other players in to do the mission. These trolls sit and wait for the rest of the he team to leave so they will not get the leaver penalty. I think it is to much work to code all the missions with these style gate to wait for the entire team to enter. It is also to much work to get the entire team to report the single player. Which I should IMO be a one week ban if four people report you for the same action in the same event.

Here is the fixes that I would suggest.

1. Make all shielded areas wait for the entire team in order for them to go up.
    2. Give players a kick from match ability
    3. Nerf stealth module...which might be the easiest one to do. Give it a thirty second up time with a cooldown timer. While this might hurt PvPers, it would restore some game balance back into the game. I have seen players blow through regular mission in stealth module just to get them done faster.

1: totally agree
    2: UUUUUUU hbno? If you're not specd into it it sucks as it is. Do t forget hirogen armor and Sci short range scan lifeforms is enough
    3: lol, and trolls wouldn't abuse this how?

EDIT: 2 is 3 and 3 is 2 :P
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    stoutes wrote: »
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"