test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Omega torpedo

cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
I think the way the charges work should be completely changed.

I think charges should act somewhat like singularity charges, powering up the capabilities of the torpedo. Dealing more damage the higher the charge, both through abilities like HY and TS, and the normal torpedo strikes.

Due to this I think it could become a popular torpedo choose for slow turning vessels, much like wide angle torps. It should encourage firing it only when fully charged, so slow turning ships which take much longer to get in torpedo arcs, or using in the back for a large kick in a fly by.
Post edited by cryptkeeper0 on

Comments

• Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Too gimmicky of and already gimmick torp.

What needs to happen is that projectile doffs can reset it again, high yield and torpedo spread doesn't cause a 8 second time out or that it has infinite charges.

The current version is garbage.
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Bring back infinite charges, and all is in balance.
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    noblet wrote: »
    Bring back infinite charges, and all is in balance.

Yep. It was fun then, but it's been nerfed into oblivion. The heavy torpedo no longer has HP, and now no infinite charge. I reason I equip it is for the 3 set bonus (999% resist for 2 seconds or whatever it's called)

Cryptic you sure took a ^%&* all over this weapon. Nice going... :(
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tksmittytksmitty Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, I'm still bitter about the Omega torp getting nerfed. Of all the things that they could ha e messed with, they picked something that worKing just fine as it was.
    Current ship/builds:
    KDF Tac: Bortasqu' Tactical
    Fed Tac: Fleet Gal-X

Keep those big guns a-thunderin'