test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Keybinding Costume Change

lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Academy
Right now, the fastest way to change uniforms is to right-click on my character's avatar in the upper corner and select the option for changing uniform. However, a couple of my toons have so many uniforms made up (my main has near 100), that scrolling up and down the list gets tedious/time-consuming. (And sadly there is no way to organize one's costume list.)

So I'm wondering, if anyone knows of a way to "keybind" a costume change?

For example, I press F8 and I'm in my new Odyssey standard uniform. Press F9 and I'm in my MACO Armor. Press F10 and I'm in my Off Duty robes. And so on. Something like that, anyway.

And if such a thing does not exist then I'd like to formally request that:

1) The above ability be added to the game.

and/or

2) Add an organizing feature to our uniform list instead of just "order of creation". Ideally I could sort costume names alpha-numerically. It would make finding a uniform so much faster for those of us fashionistas who show game support by purchasing costumes and uniform slots. Heh. :)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fringecutleryfringecutlery Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    SetActiveCostume does exactly this.

SetActiveCostume takes to parameters, both being numeric indices. The first should be 0 and the second is the position of your outfit you want wear in your list, starting from 0.

e.g. if you wanted to bind F8 to use your first outfit you'd write the following in your chat window:

/bind F8 SetActiveCostume 0 0

if you wanted to bind F9 to your 100th outfit you'd write the following:

/bind F9 SetActiveCostume 0 99

You can read more about keybinds here.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    SetActiveCostume does exactly this...
    Fringecutlery, you have totally made my day. This is precisely what I was looking for!

Works perfect!!

Thanks!!!

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.