test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So I'm watching Food Network's "Cutthroat Kitchen"...

lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Ten Forward
I got to thinking it could be a cooking contest that Klingons would enjoy, though their own version will probably be very different (I don't think they would appreciate the chefs sabotaging each other).

Probably a lot better than Gre'thor's Kitchen (a completely different show and I suspect the chef is actually a Klingon). :)
*sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
Post edited by lonnehart on

Comments

• Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lonnehart wrote: »
    I got to thinking it could be a cooking contest that Klingons would enjoy, though their own versIon will probably be very different (I don't think they would appreciate the chefs sabotaging each other).

Probably a lot better than Gre'thor's Kitchen (a completely different show and I suspect the chef is actually a Klingon). :)

I liked Kitchen of Sto'vo'kor TBH. The chef, Klepa son of Klempak, was kinda cool. Although, Kriktor, son of Duras was an Irritating SOB. Sabotaging is dishonourable behaviour. I was glad when they brutally murdered him. Also, be sure to check out the new season of Honour Cooking.
    Heres a sneak peek: "Qapla', honourable warrior. Today, we shall cook roast Targ, with Romulan sauce. It's a meal worthy of a warrior. Be sure to check out the other series on the Channel of Honour. We have Sherlock, son of Holmes on, during the 11th hour of the day of Kahlesses beard, George."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited May 2014
    jmaster29 wrote: »
    I liked Kitchen of Sto'vo'kor TBH. The chef, Klepa son of Klempak, was kinda cool. Although, Kriktor, son of Duras was an Irritating SOB. Sabotaging is dishonourable behaviour. I was glad when they brutally murdered him. Also, be sure to check out the new season of Honour Cooking.
    Heres a sneak peek: "Qapla', honourable warrior. Today, we shall cook roast Targ, with Romulan sauce. It's a meal worthy of a warrior. Be sure to check out the other series on the Channel of Honour. We have Sherlock, son of Holmes on, during the 11th hour of the day of Kahlesses beard, George."

This deserves a win of more than one internet. Anyone have an extra? :D

That said, I got the impression from Kurn that Klingons don't like to cook their meat, though others seem to have shown to the contrary. Perhaps it is an acquired taste?
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think it's more like "a REAL rough and tough warrior eats his meat fresh from the carcass and likes it that way". In other words, it's not so much that Kum thinks that it really tastes better raw, but rather that it's part of the sort of image that Kum cultivates.
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,761 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    "you will follow these instructions, or i will rip off your head"
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think it's more like "a REAL rough and tough warrior eats his meat fresh from the carcass and likes it that way". In other words, it's not so much that Kum thinks that it really tastes better raw, but rather that it's part of the sort of image that Kum cultivates.

I am Kum, son of Mogh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]