test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some ideas for extra kit parts

kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
Having all the kit parts in the tailor is nice. Could this open the door to some of the similar parts from the TV shows?

I'm thinking of tricorders, in the belt holder from Voy or the satchel type from TOS, or the wrist mounted flashlights from Voy.

Possibly even the cross draw phaser holster from Voy and the TNG movies.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I like this idea
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Another suggestion for the same system, the cargo pockets from the Romulan uniforms. Would be a nice addition and the art is already done for them.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Meh ... All i want to see is THE SAME PARTS for left and right!

Not everything of course, as some of them are obviously part of a larger whole, like the Engi Backpacks ... But most of the gauntlets, arm guards, thigh pads, pauldrons and greaves could easily be made to fit left and right.

I admit, it messes with my brain when I cant have symmetrical armor ... :eek:
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Good idea.

Shame we don't have a left handed option too.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    More canon kits. Yes please.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    Meh ... All i want to see is THE SAME PARTS for left and right!

Not everything of course, as some of them are obviously part of a larger whole, like the Engi Backpacks ... But most of the gauntlets, arm guards, thigh pads, pauldrons and greaves could easily be made to fit left and right.
    Agreed; it's very odd to see what are presumably holographic displays on the right arm if the character is right-handed.
    kazabok wrote: »
    Good idea.

Shame we don't have a left handed option too.
    Yes, the ability to select your character's handedness should be added too.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was hoping we'd get to see tricorders as well. That should be the most basic ensign level kit design in fact.

Also a TOS tricorder option for those with vintage 23rd century tastes.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There's a TON of possibilities for this now that they've migrated the old kit and armor visuals over to the costume system (for players).

For example, the ever-mentioned canon and 2409-2410 gear bits, like tricorder satchels and phaser holsters. I'm way on board for that! They could even make some of these for upcoming bundles, like the Voyager one (which I think they're saving for the expansion and not Season 9).

They can also do things like give players kit pieces from other factions, like with the Lobi Store Hirogen and Undine armors. For example, all those Borg cybernetic bits, like the arm blasters. They could even have those ones unlock via weapons instead of armors, allowing the parts to have a practical in-game use, as well.

That's just the tip of the iceberg.