test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Genalda Station

darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Klingon Discussion
Feds are spoiled, lol, they get all the good stuff! Just kidding. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm just curious as to why the Fed toons can transwarp to K7 station but KDF toons can't transwarp to Genalda. Seems odd to me. There is no place in Eta Eridani that a KDf can transwarp to. Quickest way there is to transwarp to Qonos, depart Qonos system, fly almost halfway across Omega Leonis just to get to Eta Eridani.
Seems a bit unfair to me. :confused:

I prefer to go Genalda because it is a hassle to go to First City to do any kind of business because there are always a lot of other players there. So you warp into Qonos system, then have to bump your way through all of the player ships that are parked there and just sitting there clicking on their buffs for no apparent reason, just to get close enough to the planet to beam down. Then you have to run halfway across First City just to get to the bank, exchange etc.. And if you want to go to the shipyard then you have to get on the transporter and again change maps. What a pain in the butt.

It would be so much easier for KDF players if they could transwarp to Genalda Station the same way Feds can transwarp to K7.
This is not a complaint thread....I'm merely making a suggestion.
Please add Genalda Station to KDF transwarp locations! :cool:
Post edited by darpink on

Comments

• Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My guess is Ganalda is not on that list because if you look at the map, Ganalda is in spitting distance of the homeworld while the Feds need to pass through the entire height of a sector block just to get there.:)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    My guess is Ganalda is not on that list because if you look at the map, Ganalda is in spitting distance of the homeworld while the Feds need to pass through the entire height of a sector block just to get there.:)
    Yes that is true, but as I mentioned in my OP, you have to transwarp to Qonos, the leave the system and then fly nearly halfway across Omega Leonis, warp into Eta Eridani and then into Genalda and then dock. That's 5 map changes. It would be much nicer and easier to just transwarp to Genalda.

Also, seems odd to me that KDF can transwarp to Regulus sector but nowhere in Eta Eridani, I've been playing KDF for over a year and have never had the need to transwarp to Regulus. Just saying.
  • Options
    chroma01chroma01 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Queue up the episode "Skirmish", don't play it; now you've got a cheap transwarp to Eta Eridani when you flag the mission... and then it's just a quick jaunt to the station!

Bonus: No cooldown for your other transwarps!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    chroma01 wrote: »
    Queue up the episode "Skirmish", don't play it; now you've got a cheap transwarp to Eta Eridani when you flag the mission... and then it's just a quick jaunt to the station!

Bonus: No cooldown for your other transwarps!
    I knew about that trick already, but thanks for pointing it out! It is a good way to get to Genalda but is still more of a hassle than it would be if we could transwarp directly to Genalda the same way Feds can transwarp directly to K7.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, but the quiet, peaceful atmosphere is directly the result of it being off the beaten path. Hooking it up to a hyperspace bypass would completely kill the quiet atmosphere that we Ganalda regulars prefer. Bugger off!

Fedside, K-7 used to be such a nice place, then people started showing up en-masse. Now the place is swarmed, but at least they're QUIET. Still, who needs a bunch of lag-inducing useless people cluttering the place up? Amscray!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yes, but the quiet, peaceful atmosphere is directly the result of it being off the beaten path. Hooking it up to a hyperspace bypass would completely kill the quiet atmosphere that we Ganalda regulars prefer. Bugger off!

Fedside, K-7 used to be such a nice place, then people started showing up en-masse. Now the place is swarmed, but at least they're QUIET. Still, who needs a bunch of lag-inducing useless people cluttering the place up? Amscray!
    I suppose you have a point, but..... If I want peace and quiet I'll go to my bridge. Social places are for doing business (buying and selling whatever and banking etc) and/or socializing. Personally all I want is a quick route to a station so that I can buy/sell/bank etc. Not everyone is a Role Player that stands around in social areas for hours chit chatting, Drozana is a good place for that, most of my time is spent in my ship. I'm surely not the only player like that.
    Anyway, was just a suggestion, but I see that as usual it will likely turn into a flame before long....I'm already being told to "Bugger off" and "Amscray". Shoulda known better than to make a suggestion here....................
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I can't remember the last time I went to Ganalda for anything other then mission replays.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think he was joking when he said bugger off, and yeah I use Ganalda to because there seems to be a lot less people and lag there, plus back in the day I used to hang out there because it was the PvP vendors location.

That said I and others here have long asked for another station or social hub like Khitomer or Ty'gokor with full facilities as DS9 has.

I have started to use Dyson command a bit though, its usually pretty quiet to and has decent facilities to go about your daily business.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I can't remember the last time I went to Ganalda for anything other then mission replays.

I actually use it very often as a hub where I deal with stuff. Now if PvP was not a poorly designed and broken afterthought in this game, Ganalda would've probably been more lively, like back in the days with Ker'rat in the vicinity.

But on the topic - I agree with misterde3, not having the transwarp to Ganalda option is probably tied with the proximity between the starbase Qo'noS.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Id like to see a KDF base on Khitomer since there is a badass ground map for it already and the Empire is apparently back in control of it.
  • Options
    mrgardenermrgardener Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    we need to have this transwarp option I find it better than drozana in services, I would love to have a transwarp ability to ganalda station this needs to be promoted! lets keep bring up this option to as many players as well as devs!
  • Options
    drazursouthclawdrazursouthclaw Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree 100% - I would really like to be able to work on my ship setup without having to pointlessly experience multiple load screens, and the interminable and inevitable wait that accompanies them.

Warp back to Qonos and work on my ship there? So I can constantly transport between First City and the Shipyard, unless I write out a shopping list? Not happening. And nowadays the Captain's Table doesn't have the ship guy there, so that's useless too now. Great work, Cryptic. NAILED IT.

Although, I'd like a KDF starter pack in the store too and KDF benefits along with my Fed ones, so apparently I may just be clinically insane.

With the version of the game I bought, I get a free Borg Eng Officer for my Feds. But all my KDF officers have to buy them, either with unrealistic amounts of time (dilling the 500Z), money (I gotta pay 5 bucks for something my Fed toon just gets for free? Not happening, on general principle ALONE), or EC (Last time I checked the exchange, they were 25 mil - pffft.).

And I bet the list goes on and on, but I've never noticed.

I must say though, that Pi Canis and the Empire Defense mission go a small part towards making it up to me.

But only a small part.

Sorry I got off topic, but SHEESH - KDF should be proud warriors, not second-class citizens.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As stated, there is no transwarp to Genalda Station due to the proximity of Qo'Nos. Similar to why there is no transwarp to Memory Alpha for Fed toons; ESD is just one sector away. Though I have to admit Memory Alpha is probably not a popular place for most people.

I go to Genalda Station on a daily basis. That's where I turn in my Contraband for dilithium. It is also a jump point to Otha System for one of the Foundry missions I do; Vulture Wheel. I also tried the ground combat on Otha against the Borg just to do something different once in a while and curious to see what pathetic TRIBBLE reward I get for my efforts.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    As stated, there is no transwarp to Genalda Station due to the proximity of Qo'Nos. Similar to why there is no transwarp to Memory Alpha for Fed toons; ESD is just one sector away. Though I have to admit Memory Alpha is probably not a popular place for most people.
    K7 station is 1 sector away from ESD as well, and Feds have a transwarp to K7. Not much different from Q'onos-Genalda. Leave Q'onos system, slipstream to Eta Eridani, Dock at Genalda. For Feds, leave SOL system, slipstream to Eta Eridani, 20 second flight to K7.

This is just 1 little thing that can make a huge difference. Feds seem to get everything they want. And people wonder why so few people play KDF as compared to how many play Feds.
    Proximity really doesn't mean that much to me, it's more about map changes. Feds can transwarp to K7 from Sol or wherever but KDFs have to make multiple map changes to get to Genalda even if their starting point is First City. Leave the system (map move 1), Fly to Eta Eridani (map move 2), Enter Genalda system (map move 3), Dock at Genalda (map move 4).

Whatever....... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    darpink wrote: »
    K7 station is 1 sector away from ESD as well, and Feds have a transwarp to K7. Not much different from Q'onos-Genalda. Leave Q'onos system, slipstream to Eta Eridani, Dock at Genalda. For Feds, leave SOL system, slipstream to Eta Eridani, 20 second flight to K7.

This is just 1 little thing that can make a huge difference. Feds seem to get everything they want. And people wonder why so few people play KDF as compared to how many play Feds.
    Proximity really doesn't mean that much to me, it's more about map changes. Feds can transwarp to K7 from Sol or wherever but KDFs have to make multiple map changes to get to Genalda even if their starting point is First City. Leave the system (map move 1), Fly to Eta Eridani (map move 2), Enter Genalda system (map move 3), Dock at Genalda (map move 4).

Whatever....... :rolleyes:

Sol is not a sector away. It's a sector block away.
    Do you honestly not know the difference between a sector and a sector block?:confused:

http://www.treksinscifi.com/trekdaily/pictures/2012-01-13_Trekonline.jpg

In this case that means it's 1 sector from Qo'noS to Ganalda and 3 from Sol to K-7.
    I understand you want to make a point but either you're trying to make a point without understanding even the fundamentals of the game or you're intentionally misrepresenting them.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As stated, there is no transwarp to Genalda Station due to the proximity of Qo'Nos. Similar to why there is no transwarp to Memory Alpha for Fed toons; ESD is just one sector away.
    Wait, there isn't? I coulda sworn there was warp...somewhere...? Maybe in the CXP, or the Starbase? I never use it, though. Because let's not go to Memory Alpha. It's a silly place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    desertjetsdesertjets Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Feds get transwarp to SB 39 (IIRC that is the first transwarp you unlock as a diplomacy reward_, which is roughly similar distance as Q'onos to Ganalda. So there is precedence for having a relatively short distance covered by a transwarp from the main hub.

If they ever do such a thing I wouldn't mind Ganalda getting a make over, as it stands it is basically a copy/paste of K7 with depressing lighting.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Sol is not a sector away. It's a sector block away.
    Do you honestly not know the difference between a sector and a sector block?:confused:

http://www.treksinscifi.com/trekdaily/pictures/2012-01-13_Trekonline.jpg

In this case that means it's 1 sector from Qo'noS to Ganalda and 3 from Sol to K-7.
    I understand you want to make a point but either you're trying to make a point without understanding even the fundamentals of the game or you're intentionally misrepresenting them.
    Well I certainly don't have to insult people to make my point. Ok so maybe I worded it wrong, so since I made such a terrible mistake I should be flamed....shame on me. Let's just go ahead and miss the point while we're at it, I mean after all if I can't word it in a manner that suits EVERYONE on that reads it and doesn't upset the grammar police, then it's not worth reading and understanding.

Like I said, proximity means very little, it's more about the map changes involved. ;)
  • Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If only Ganalda had a boff trainer I'd never have any reason to drop by Qo'nos unless it was mission-related.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The "DOffing transwarps" as I call them:

T2: Feds - K7. KDF - Alpha Centauri block.
    T3: Feds - Sierra 39. KDF - Regulus Block (just under Centauri block)
    T4: Both - DS9.

Two things bother me about this list...

1. KDF doesn't get a direct base transwarp until T4's DS9, while Feds get one as soon as they hit Diplo T2...

2. KDF still has no base in the "north" end of the map, Like the Fed's Sierra 39. Why does the KDF have to "go home" (via full transwarp to Q'onos) or (fairly recently) take the semi-quick hop to Mol'Rihan? Remember, the KDF does have a series or two up there in Romulan space...

So, IMO, let's see the following happen:

1. Alpha Cent transwarp should deposit KDF at a base of some sort, built in that area to be the KDF's "northern base"...

2. Transwarp to nowhere (I mean Regulus) should get replaced with transwarp to Gandala...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    captainpirkocaptainpirko Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited May 2014

federation have a transwarp to Starbase 39 Sierra, which is almost the same distance from earth as genalda is to qo'nos. though interestingly both of these close-to-home starbases are usually abandoned. i wonder if that has anything to do with it?

still. i have always wondered why genalda didnt have a transwarp. its literally the KDF K-7 in every way. it's the nearest starbase to the fleet base, best place to sell stuff after kerrat, and the maps are almost identical too.
    both factions have a alpha centauri transwarp, both have a beta ursae transwarp, but Eta eridani has to be the odd one out. instead regulus is thrown in cause i guess some of us should care that that straightaway to romulan space exists? its nice i guess to be able to transwarp to the center of the map, but too bad there's nothing to do there.
    [SIGPIC]Timelords Fleet [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dareau wrote: »

1. KDF doesn't get a direct base transwarp until T4's DS9, while Feds get one as soon as they hit Diplo T2...

2. KDF still has no base in the "north" end of the map, Like the Fed's Sierra 39. Why does the KDF have to "go home" (via full transwarp to Q'onos) or (fairly recently) take the semi-quick hop to Mol'Rihan? Remember, the KDF does have a series or two up there in Romulan space...

1. Alpha Cent transwarp should deposit KDF at a base of some sort, built in that area to be the KDF's "northern base"...

2. Transwarp to nowhere (I mean Regulus) should get replaced with transwarp to Gandala...

Except, the DS9 for T4 Murdering is in the Beta Ursa Sector. Granted, it is just outside of DS9, but there is a difference. The KDF does get TRIBBLE as far as transwarps until T4.

I would not loose any sleep if the Regulus Sector Transwarp was replaced with Genalda Station. I also think that the Fleet Base System for KDF Fleets should be moved closer to Ker'rat as it is way too close to Genalda. I also agree that there should be a KDF base somewhere in the Alpha Centauri Sector Block(preferably on the east side), and that the drop-in point from the transwarp should be just outside it.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I dunno.... I just can't visualize the KDF having enough territory in or near Romulan space for a full Starbase. I could visualize a neutral station though, maybe in the block north of AC.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Now that the war's over, it would also be nice if we could get access to Starbase 39, maybe even a transwarp. It's a long slog for a Klingon to get to Romulan space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I go to Genalda Station on a daily basis. That's where I turn in my Contraband for dilithium. It is also a jump point to Otha System for one of the Foundry missions I do; Vulture Wheel. I also tried the ground combat on Otha against the Borg just to do something different once in a while and curious to see what pathetic TRIBBLE reward I get for my efforts.

you can buy the Lobi transwarp thing that opens a jump location in e,e, but I have never bought it so not sure what the spawn point is.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    edited June 2014
    turn khitomer into a ground base and map, belonging to the KDF but allow others to land but not have full access to all facilties. like ship yard and such. since it is the place most Klingon peace treaties are named after. it should be semi neutral. and give KDF ONLY DIRECT JUMP TO IT.

and the same with K7 it needs to open up for KDF. even in Kirks time KDF could go there. but with limits set by the federation. so like the new kdf base limited acces to facilties but can go there. and FEDS ONLY retain direct transwarp.

then give us a battle group or flotilla up in the north like the rommies have before they choose a side.

since Kaarg is not in KDF space anymore maybe relocate it up in the north and turn it into a dockable map/base. NOT LIKE THE BORG SPACE STORES OR TRADE SHIPS WE CAN CALL IN.

EDIT: or the easiest fix to them all. when you transwarp to fleet starbase. and then exit the area let it take us to eta eri instead of where ever we jumped in from. it stupid that it send transwarp into cooldown yet in the end leaves you in the same spot. the starbase has a gate no reason why shouldn't have it as a valid jump location that's usefull.

• Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    davidwford wrote: »
    Except, the DS9 for T4 Murdering is in the Beta Ursa Sector. Granted, it is just outside of DS9, but there is a difference. The KDF does get TRIBBLE as far as transwarps until T4.

I would not loose any sleep if the Regulus Sector Transwarp was replaced with Genalda Station. I also think that the Fleet Base System for KDF Fleets should be moved closer to Ker'rat as it is way too close to Genalda. I also agree that there should be a KDF base somewhere in the Alpha Centauri Sector Block(preferably on the east side), and that the drop-in point from the transwarp should be just outside it.

No KDF T4 Marauder yet. Didn't know that it was a "sector block landing" like Alpha Cent and "nowhere" are...

Side note: Khitomer's in Taw Dewa block, which we can transwarp to as part of Rommie Rep, and we have Mall'Rihan to shop at. Khitomer as a transwarp station is almost as much of a waste as nowhere - aka Regulus...

However, with the Rommie FE arc to play as KDF, having a KDF base up in that neck of the galaxy would be useful (and is practically necessary). As I look at the galaxy map, I see Vendor Sector of Alpha Cent Block would be a prime location for some sort of Klingon Outpost - I mean, between the days of the old KDF-RSE alliance (Tech trade from ToS) etc., it wouldn't surprise me that the KDF got some asteroid or something to set up as a waystation for the long haul from Q'onos to Romulus, and said station could be active right now in light of there being not much RSE to stop them (and D'Tan saying "Why yes, my erstwhile Klingon allies, go ahead and recommission KDF outpost whatever it was"... Said base can be a KDF-retexture of SB39, like Gandala is a retexture of K7...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    No KDF T4 Marauder yet. Didn't know that it was a "sector block landing" like Alpha Cent and "nowhere" are...

Side note: Khitomer's in Taw Dewa block, which we can transwarp to as part of Rommie Rep, and we have Mall'Rihan to shop at. Khitomer as a transwarp station is almost as much of a waste as nowhere - aka Regulus...

However, with the Rommie FE arc to play as KDF, having a KDF base up in that neck of the galaxy would be useful (and is practically necessary). As I look at the galaxy map, I see Vendor Sector of Alpha Cent Block would be a prime location for some sort of Klingon Outpost - I mean, between the days of the old KDF-RSE alliance (Tech trade from ToS) etc., it wouldn't surprise me that the KDF got some asteroid or something to set up as a waystation for the long haul from Q'onos to Romulus, and said station could be active right now in light of there being not much RSE to stop them (and D'Tan saying "Why yes, my erstwhile Klingon allies, go ahead and recommission KDF outpost whatever it was"... Said base can be a KDF-retexture of SB39, like Gandala is a retexture of K7...

I still vote khitomer its iconic trek and KDF particularly, with Nimbus in the area also it would be a good place to also introduce a lvl 50 adventure zone on the ground. nimbus sucked, not because of the play there but the rewards are TRIBBLE as far as loot goes. Really is just so much this game could do wiith places already in view its insane.

im no feddy bear and don't play that faction since I hit lvl 25 but andoria and Vulcan are a jokes as well. im sure plenty others are about and may even be close to each other but look at bejor and DS9 they are right next to each other . even defera the invasion zone there is nice but it could be so much better if the deferi city had more facilities and possibly relocate the officer that give mission in invasion zone a command post there.

• Options
    edited June 2014

Agree 100%.
    Genalda should be a transwarp location for KDF. I've read lame excuse after lame excuse for why the KDF can't transwarp there. But I'm sure most of those excuses were likely made by Fed players that the change would not even affect. We (KDF players) demand equality! :D