test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Loose Ends

odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
Now that we're officially in 2410, are there any lingering plot threads from 2409 that you would like to see resolved in a foundry mission? Specifically those that are unlikely to get an official resolution. This could be a major or minor storyline, or even a throwaway reference that you would like to see explored in depth. For example, I remember reading someone talking about how the Borg nanoprobe virus was never really shown in a story in depth. Any ideas?
Post edited by odyssey47 on

Comments

• Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Where is Sela ?
    I think that's the biggest loose end we have. And I wonder why Cryptic didn't bother to end it when Denise Crosby was working with them.

You also have the Tholians. They are supposed to have a reason why they are searching for artifacts on New Romulus, and we don't know if they are working for or against the Iconians.
    But since the Tholians arc is over, we will never know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    As I recall, they have either more dialogue recorded from Denise Crosby, or they've said that they will have her come back and do more when needed. I have a feeling they will address Sela in the future. As for the Tholians, I doubt we've seen the last of them.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Gorn separatists/rebels/nationalists?

I'm giving them a little nod in my current project (Gorn bartender at Starbase 114 who refuses to serve bloodwine out of nationalism), but I'd like to see that explored.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Given that Sela's disappearance is tied to the Iconians, I'm pretty confident that we haven't seen the last of her. Plus, CaptainGeko was talking about it on the latest interview on G&T show, that they have a plot for her planned out.

Gorn separatists is fertile ground for Foundry.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited April 2014
    Sometime it is prudent not to kill off a good villain (or completely close their story arc another way). You never know if you might get the actor back later so you leave the door open just in case. Characters like Khan, Q, the Borg Queen, and Gul Dukat often had years between their appearances on Star Trek.

Anyway, Gorn Separatists would cool, I know some authors have done great work exploring those other races that are now in the KDF. I've wanted for a while to do something like that for the Federation member worlds. How are Vulcan and Andoria reacting to everything going on in the Galaxy?
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I actually have a shuttle mission involving Gorn separatists that is mostly finished. It was for the shuttle foundry challenge and I ran out of time. I'll release it eventually.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Anyway, Gorn Separatists would cool, I know some authors have done great work exploring those other races that are now in the KDF. I've wanted for a while to do something like that for the Federation member worlds. How are Vulcan and Andoria reacting to everything going on in the Galaxy?

Or more accurately, how is Vulcan not reacting to everything going on in the galaxy? :P
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Or more accurately, how is Vulcan not reacting to everything going on in the galaxy? :P

I kind of look to Spock for inspiration on something like this. Spock cetainly opted for a peaceful, non-violent resolution when one was achievable, but he didn't object every time Kirk fired phasers (and even fired phasers himself when it was an appropriate, measured response.)

Of course there are Vulcans who avoid Starfleet because of it's semi-military role, but Vulcans as a whole aren't a species who engage in moral outrage.