test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Name that ship!

leighandrew12leighandrew12 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
Its been nagging me for a while, although I forgot about it for a long time, what this class of ship is. Its one of the generic starship derelicts that always shows up in a mission and kind of reminds me of a JJPrise. Could anyone shed some light onto the possible name of this is ship and satisfy my curiosity? (should show up as my signature, tried photobucket but all it gives me is an error message)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Exposing fakes since 2374
Post edited by leighandrew12 on

Comments

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Is it any one of the ones here:
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Cruiser_Refit
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • leighandrew12leighandrew12 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No it's this one (if I can get signature to work)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2014

You could just put in a link and we can follow it. But from what I decipher here (pic is a bit small) - it's one of those ship wrecks? I am not sure that they have official type names. They are probably implied t be an older Starfleet ship type, and they may just be banged up Constitutions.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited April 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited April 2014
  • m4wlm4wl Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Looks like a plain constitution to me, although it kinda gives me the feel of a vesper aswell.
    edited April 2014
    You can't see it from the pic because of the angle, but the hull section is cylindrical like the Constitution, while the saucer section is similar to the Vespa and the nacelles are similar to what the JJPrise had with the two 'humps' at the front
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You can't see it from the pic because of the angle, but the hull section is cylindrical like the Constitution, while the saucer section is similar to the Vespa and the nacelles are similar to what the JJPrise had with the two 'humps' at the front

So... it's a TOS connie kitbashed with other cruiser parte.
    edited April 2014
    Well I thought I would ask anyway just to satisfy myself. It does seem like a kitbash, but the nacelles don't seem to match with anything ingame. I thought that maybe it was an old Perpetual/Cryptic design that maybe never made it in game for some reason and was then scrapped. Maybe this was the original design and the vespa etc was based of this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    looks like a vespa saucer with connie engineering and nacelles, old style my guess.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well I thought I would ask anyway just to satisfy myself. It does seem like a kitbash, but the nacelles don't seem to match with anything ingame. I thought that maybe it was an old Perpetual/Cryptic design that maybe never made it in game for some reason and was then scrapped. Maybe this was the original design and the vespa etc was based of this?

its most likely just something they created specifically to be a hulk, they are larger than most playable ships, looks vaguely canon-like and only 2 places you really see themn... old fed tutorial and wolf 359.
    edited April 2014
    rmy1081 wrote: »

For people like me with a Microsoft Live Account, yes, it works, after logging in. ;)

I agree with the others that it seems a bit like a kitbash of the Tier 2 Cruiser variants. It could very well be that other models have seen refinement since this one was made, and we'll never find a perfect match - if there had ever been one.
    edited April 2014
    well thank you anyway for satisfying my curiosity bug. On a side not did anyone see the ship that looked almost like the old Perpetual 'Excalibur' class ship in the 1st cut scene on 'Surface Tension'?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2014
    well thank you anyway for satisfying my curiosity bug. On a side not did anyone see the ship that looked almost like the old Perpetual 'Excalibur' class ship in the 1st cut scene on 'Surface Tension'?

Yes. The thread(s) on that seems to have gone off the front page. Not sure if this could be a hint it will be added to the game after all? IIRC, the only time the asset was otherwise still used was as a ship wreck, so I suspect it was overhauled. And considering one of the revamped mission contains those Typhoon ships again, I wonder if maybe we'll finally get that, too?