test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

3 purple techs, sometimes at least

kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
Ok so on my Main char I have 3 purple technicians slotted for nice little cooldown reduction, went to do the same thing on my sci officer and can only slot 2, 3rd is a different name, and slot is available (I have 6 open space slots total) says it will bind to my char. I say ok and he stays right where he is, tried swapping etc. just 2 purple techs or 2 techs total and cant apply this 3rd (quite expensive)DOff...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Opposite faction?
    Ground tech slotted?
    Bugged doff? Try zoning to different maps
    Try unslotting all techs and try the bugged one

Good luck
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    daunknownadmindaunknownadmin Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have the same issue. Trying to slot (3) Ten of Ten Purple Technicians and can only slot one. However I can slot Purple Technician of a different name ( S'Rol ).

I tried swapping out the doffs on ESD, in orbit of ESD, Sector space to no avail. I cannot slot more than one Ten of Ten Technician.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No aux2batt for you!

I wonder if a different named tech would work?
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    If you are running dual a2b you only need to slot 2 purple technicians.
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    atlmykl wrote: »
    If you are running dual a2b you only need to slot 2 purple technicians.

Im not trying to argue, this is a serious question. I always thought you had to slot 3 because, 3 gives you a 30% reduction on bridge officer abilitys and using it 2x would drop it down to the Global CD. wouldn't 2 just do it by 20% for a over all 40% reduction. So are you saying thats enough or that will drop it down to global??
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You should really use 3.

This is the strictly fact of the flaw of aux2bat.

3 technicians will eventually desync on 30 second cool down abilities...it just isn't fast enough to keep the cycle legit.

If 3 can't make it happen then 2 will struggle even worse.

Use 2 for ISE in a 2 min or less group. Use 3 for everything else. Thats how it is
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not being able to slot 3 doffs of the same name is a bug.

Work around to this bug is as follows:

Equip duty officer that you don't mind binding, drag desired doff into the place where the doff you just equipped is. Rinse and repeat, boom 3 doffs with the same name.

Cheers.
  • Options
    roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not being able to slot 3 doffs of the same name is a bug.

Work around to this bug is as follows:

Equip duty officer that you don't mind binding, drag desired doff into the place where the doff you just equipped is. Rinse and repeat, boom 3 doffs with the same name.

Cheers.

Was having the same issue and tried this and it worked!!! Thank you!
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ty all, was a crossed faction, that filter likes to turn itself off....

Now I have finally completed 2 chars worth of space DOffs (at long long last,) now to figure out ground...

my main (Eng) uses 3 Doffs that increase call ins (turret general, mortar and drone) but they appear to be 1 only assignment capable so the other 2-3 slots go unused...
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I noticed that I can not slot more than 3 DOffs from the same department: for example, engineering. If you have a Warp Core Engineer slotted you can only slot 2 other engineering deparment DOffs (like technicians).

I don't know if it's always worked this way or if it was a S9 stealth nerf, or what. But it still doesn't bother me very much, since I can still slot 3 cooldown technicians and 2 cooldown security officers since they are in different departments.