test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Squishy Ships

2»

Comments

• rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    OMG the The Breach Elite the npc are going crazy! The bulwark on steroids is dealing massive dmg not to mention the rest of the op npc. You just cant stay alive.:eek:
    I didn't change my build a lot since season 8,5 and my passives are always offensive anyway, so I dont see a problem there. Something is really foul in this event!
  • legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited April 2014
    That is interesting because I've started using transphasic torpedo's again and I've been doing nice damage with them. And that's with no projectile skills nor transphasic console. I do have adapted maco though.

It does make me wonder if torpedo's have been stealth improved.

IIRC, one of the Omega passives gives a buff to torps. If you are using that passive, that could be where your torp buff is coming from. ;)
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    75% of being tanky is good bridge officer abilities.
    XX% Goes to piloting skills, your build, and having fleet gear.

OP Why don't you show us your build, without facts it's just opinion.
    download.jpg
  • brazen1acebrazen1ace Member Posts: 159
    edited April 2014
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    legetdumar wrote: »
    IIRC, one of the Omega passives gives a buff to torps. If you are using that passive, that could be where your torp buff is coming from. ;)
    Kinetic shearing I think it's called. I LOVE that one on a Tric bomber... sooo much carnage....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited April 2014
    Kinetic shearing I think it's called. I LOVE that one on a Tric bomber... sooo much carnage....

Yes! That was it. I don't really use it since I'm not torp heavy, but on a torp boat, I wouldn't leave home without it! ;)
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That link is it really your build
    download.jpg
  • weirgreifweirgreif Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not the undine DOTs, I was sitting there staring at a big red 40000 floating upward from my exploding ship. In a Chimera Heavy Destroyer with 35k health, that is a problem.

And I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do about it.
  • brazen1acebrazen1ace Member Posts: 159
    edited April 2014
    More or less. I did not compleat it 100%. But the rest of it does not differ much from other tank builds. It relies on the shields not going down that much, which was why I was a bit upset when they seemed to be doing more then they should. But I seem to have fixed the issue with the reputation powers. Also, I should mention that, that build is still a work in progress. I have plans to switch some consoles out for fleet versions when I get the chance. And with new set items coming out I may switch those around as well.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just did the Breach Elite. The reports that it has been changed are true.

Here's my feedback for any devs that read this:

- I'm ok with the harder hitting enemies. That's fine. It makes the fight riskier.
    - The enemies' own defenses are too high on elite though. Which is what messes up the balance. And this is what is seen in this particular mission.

So like the voth bulwarks hit a lot harder. That's cool. That makes it a tougher, riskier fight.

But they also are very tanky themselves, making it not work right.

A great example is the difference between Everquest Shadows of Luclin and Everquest Planes of Power. In Luclin the enemies had zillions and zillions of hit points. They took forever to kill. In Planes of Power they increased enemy damage by a very noticeable factor. And then lowered their defenses. So the fights were rougher, but the lower hit points was the balance to the increased damage.

So that's something to keep in mind. The capital ship in the Breach? Bored me to tears. Too many hit points, and every 4 to 5 minutes, it'll pop one of us because of its torps.

It's not a fun encounter in that setup.

It's the same problem with the Undine Assault's Planet Killer on elite. It's just carpal tunnel inducing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]