test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

1st Person View

timalcosertimalcoser Member Posts: 16 Arc User
I'll keep it short and simple.

Please bring back 1st person view. I don't understand why it was taken away in the first place? I'm curious what the logic was behind taking away a feature many enjoyed...

I'm not one to complain, but it's really a game killer for me to have to shoot over my shoulder versus in 1st person, and try as I might, I cannot get used to it.
To Infinity be with you and beyond!
Post edited by timalcoser on

Comments

• Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We had a first person view? :confused:
  • Options
    timalcosertimalcoser Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We had a first person view? :confused:

There was, many months ago when I was last active.

I love some of the new stuff they've done with STO. Earth Space Dock is absolutely amazing. But we need our 1st person shooter option back.
    To Infinity be with you and beyond!
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    timalcoser wrote: »
    There was, many months ago when I was last active.

I love some of the new stuff they've done with STO. Earth Space Dock is absolutely amazing. But we need our 1st person shooter option back.

There never was one.

There was a nice little trick to "create" a 1st person view oneself, but there was never an official function like that.
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There was a first person view, like in Champions. I remember enabling it by mistake when I was messing with my options.

But I believe it was disabled in STO in one of the Season releases, I think the one that overhauled the UI.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Seem to remember it changed with season 7, I'm sure I could go first person before that.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!