test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please let Bridge Officers use all of the kit parts.

centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
This seems like an unnecessary restriction, and doesn't make sense lore wise. Please allow Bridge Officers to use all kit parts. I have some really cool ideas and I just cant use them. :(
Post edited by centersolace on

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    This seems like an unnecessary restriction, and doesn't make sense lore wise. Please allow Bridge Officers to use all kit parts. I have some really cool ideas and I just cant use them. :(

Yes, this is unfortunate. It seems that the available kit parts are tied to rank, though. Since BOFFs cannot obtain rank above Commander, they are restricted to that level's available parts. :(
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yes, this is unfortunate. It seems that the available kit parts are tied to rank, though. Since BOFFs cannot obtain rank above Commander, they are restricted to that level's available parts. :(

Is that what the deal is? That's silly. I'm okay with them being tied to rank, but it should be tied to the player rank rather than boff rank!
  • Options
    rileywolffrileywolff Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Is that what the deal is? That's silly. I'm okay with them being tied to rank, but it should be tied to the player rank rather than boff rank!

This is how all items equipped to BOffs are. The Kits would be no different. If I can equip a Mk XII rifle (A Rear Admiral Upper/Major General/Subadmiral II weapon) to my Commander level BOff, I can do the same for a MK XII kit.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    rileywolff wrote: »
    This is how all items equipped to BOffs are. The Kits would be no different. If I can equip a Mk XII rifle (A Rear Admiral Upper/Major General/Subadmiral II weapon) to my Commander level BOff, I can do the same for a MK XII kit.

Thank you for your observation but I am talking about the Kit Parts in the Tailor not the equipment sets. :P
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Do Fleet and Special Kits like the Undine Fluidic Kits from the Lockbox have their own Kit visuals?

I bought 2 Fluidic Science Kit Frames but haven't seen any additional Kit parts in the Tailor next to the regular ones.

But anyway, I would love to have an extra Tab at the Tailor menu for Armor and Gear.
    The Uniform Tab is completely overflown.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Do Fleet and Special Kits like the Undine Fluidic Kits from the Lockbox have their own Kit visuals?

I bought 2 Fluidic Science Kit Frames but haven't seen any additional Kit parts in the Tailor next to the regular ones.

But anyway, I would love to have an extra Tab at the Tailor menu for Armor and Gear.

Not that I know of. Outside of the Undine Armour, there weren't any costumes added.
  • Options
    gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thank you for clarifying this, I was wondering why two of my boffs had no kit parts at all.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

I quite agree. Tie it to player rank. Plus I'd like to see the Kit Belts given their own layer separate from Costume Belts. Some of the Kit Belts appear to be hanging from the uniform because they don't completely encircle the waist.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014

You might try Enabling Visuals on those Kits to make them show if they don't have a costume unlock. Of course, this means that you can't customize the look or put them on your BOs. :rolleyes:
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    You might try Enabling Visuals on those Kits to make them show if they don't have a costume unlock. Of course, this means that you can't customize the look or put them on your BOs. :rolleyes:

If you mean the eye button in the equipment/character window, than it is not available anymore.

I put the Fluidic Frame on my character and the Enable Visual Button was no longer there.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    If you mean the eye button in the equipment/character window, than it is not available anymore.

I put the Fluidic Frame on my character and the Enable Visual Button was no longer there.

No, I mean right clicking on the kit itself to bring up a menu. Some armors and kits can have their visuals enabled/disabled this way. Not sure if the kit you're referring to has this option or not, though.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My main gripes about Season Nine was not the pointless trait respec investment, UI change, or the loss of missions. It was the lack of over half the kit parts for my BOFFs. I was displeased to see I wouldn't be able to outfit my BOFFs with a lot of parts, especially at the torso and back. I had to scale down my Captain to look proportionate to the gear my BOFFs are carrying along. I hope this reaches Cryptic and somehow lets all the kit parts become available to BOFFs.
    Couldn't be that hard, right? As far as I know, it's just copying the models over to non-Captain entities.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    My main gripes about Season Nine was not the pointless trait respec investment, UI change, or the loss of missions. It was the lack of over half the kit parts for my BOFFs. I was displeased to see I wouldn't be able to outfit my BOFFs with a lot of parts, especially at the torso and back. I had to scale down my Captain to look proportionate to the gear my BOFFs are carrying along. I hope this reaches Cryptic and somehow lets all the kit parts become available to BOFFs.
    Couldn't be that hard, right? As far as I know, it's just copying the models over to non-Captain entities.

Well, like I've been saying, it appears that the Kit parts available seem to be linked with the individual's Rank. Since BOFFs cannot progress past Commander, they are limited to the Kit parts available at that Rank.

Also, from what I'm hearing some of the newer Kits (parts) are not even available in the Tailor.

The solution would seem to be to have the parts unlock with the Captain's Rank/Level progression alone and not also be dependent on the BOFF's Rank progression. That way BOFFs would have the same costume options as their Captains. Also, obtaining any new Armors, Kits, and Costumes through the Reputation System should unlock those options in the Tailor for BOFFs as well.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    No, I mean right clicking on the kit itself to bring up a menu. Some armors and kits can have their visuals enabled/disabled this way. Not sure if the kit you're referring to has this option or not, though.

:eek: will try next time. I don't play much anymore since the update gave all characters Odo clay faces. The renderscale 1 trick and setting textures and details on high do not work.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited April 2014

That is...stupid. Really really stupid.

Please change that, Cryptic. That just makes no sense.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014

Thanks for the feedback. We are looking into this.
  • Options
    kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    callevista wrote: »

A thorough BOff revamp should also include the BOff skills / BOff ranks /BOff skill qualities chaos. It should also give some incentive not to have a crew entirely comprised of Commanders (Ensign/Lieutenant special powers? Limitation of only 2 Commanders max.?). AND BOff traits should be, at least somewhat, costumizable.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Thank you.

And if your superiors wonder why we're asking for this - making your team look the same (and thus, actually look like a team of fellow crew members on the ground) is very important to a lot of people.

If BOffs have full access to the Kit parts...that would greatly help things.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Thank you for the Dev response. I really hope this gets changed soon. I have cool things I wish to share! :cool:
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Thats good to hear, I'd love to use a few of the chest Gear options for my away team, no pressure though, i'd hate to come across as a demanding person
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Definitelly supporting this. :D
    More variety betteeeeerrrrr! :o
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would love all light color options to be non-faction specific. I want to use red lights on my Feddies[And Fed-rommie].
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • Options
    supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Known Issues:
    • Bridge Officers cannot wear all kit pieces captains are able to wear.
    This is progress.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    This is progress.

That is very comforting indeed! :D
  • Options
    derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    please let boffs have additional uniform slots also please
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would love all light color options to be non-faction specific. I want to use red lights on my Feddies[And Fed-rommie].
    This. My armor 'lights' can't match the color of the eye-piece laser and it drives me crazy... <.<
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I fully support this. I was able to come up with a great-looking suit of armor for my Captain by using the Lobi store Voth costume along with some kit parts.

However, my poor Nausicaan Tac BOFF can only equip a tiny device on his left wrist as far as kit parts go... This is unfortunate, since other BOFFs do have more options.
  • Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    Hey guys, we are currently reworking how these kits unlock. It's going through testing right now - but I wanted to let you know we are in fact working on it.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hey guys, we are currently reworking how these kits unlock. It's going through testing right now - but I wanted to let you know we are in fact working on it.

Yaaaaaaay! :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Does this include armor visuals as well. I was kind of disappointed to find out that armor visuals were not available in the tailor for our Boffs too, just our Captains.