test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Wallpapers! It's 2410, Time For Some New Threads!

13»

Comments

• Options
    madchudmadchud Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    I would very much like instructions on how to get those belts.

I'd like to know where the 2410 uniforms are. Are they sierra 1? Where do I get them. What are they called? :confused:
  • Options
    madchudmadchud Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We just added some new wallpapers to our Media Gallery! Time for some new threads! It's a new year and time for some fashion forward trends. Check out the details for instructions on how to make your own great versions of these iconic uniforms!

Link to the Media Gallery.

~CaptainSmirk

From what I've heard, you need to be in a tier 3 fleet to get the new "standard" 2410 uniforms used by every single NPC in the game. In my opinion, that fact is kind of stupid.:mad:
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    madchud wrote: »
    I'd like to know where the 2410 uniforms are. Are they sierra 1? Where do I get them. What are they called? :confused:

You need t3 Fleet Starbase, get them from the tailor on the starbase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    enoemg wrote: »
    Unfortunately, there's only three distinct types of Klingon uniform in terms of a timeline. The TOS uniform was the first, then an infinite number of variations of clothing and armor, and now the Bortasqu' uniforms.

The Klingons have never really had a standard uniform, except for some more elaborate dress like the High Council's robes. Every Klingon pretty much goes with what works for them.

True. In which case, a Romulan version would be nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hmmm so if I get this right you need to be Tier 3 in a fleet to get the new oddy uniform ok I have some issues with that.

1. I'm in a fleet but if your not in a fleet you don't get a chance at getting this uniform.
    2.. Due to the amount of grinding you have to do for the Fleet your spending a lot just to get a free uniform which makes it the most expensive one in game.
    3. The Klingons don't have a bortas uniform so what do they get a Tier 3 next to nothing
    4. Romulans do not have a fleet do they have the chance at the oddy one if they are fed/romulans as for KDF/Romulans see number 3.

I think the oddy uniform should be just added to the tailor or better yet give that as he default costume and give a bortas uniform to the KDF as standard would solve a lot of issues with people who may not want to be in a fleet or have aso given up on the fleet grinds before hitting tier 3
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I was purchasing an Odyssey uniform for an alt at the starbase today and I noticed something new. They've renamed the uniform from "Odyssey 1" to "Odyssey Basic." So, C-Store Odyssey uniform coming soon?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    Hmmm so if I get this right you need to be Tier 3 in a fleet to get the new oddy uniform ok I have some issues with that.

1. I'm in a fleet but if your not in a fleet you don't get a chance at getting this uniform.
    2.. Due to the amount of grinding you have to do for the Fleet your spending a lot just to get a free uniform which makes it the most expensive one in game.
    3. The Klingons don't have a bortas uniform so what do they get a Tier 3 next to nothing
    4. Romulans do not have a fleet do they have the chance at the oddy one if they are fed/romulans as for KDF/Romulans see number 3.

I think the oddy uniform should be just added to the tailor or better yet give that as he default costume and give a bortas uniform to the KDF as standard would solve a lot of issues with people who may not want to be in a fleet or have aso given up on the fleet grinds before hitting tier 3

Urm, the Klingons DO have a Bortas uniform. You get it at T3 Starbase, like the Odyssey uniform :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Soooo is the dev blog going to be out tomorrow? :P

madchud wrote: »
    From what I've heard, you need to be in a tier 3 fleet to get the new "standard" 2410 uniforms used by every single NPC in the game. In my opinion, that fact is kind of stupid.:mad:

Actually no. You only need to visit a T3 Starbase. You don't have to actually be in the fleet. But I have a feeling this will be changing soon. ;)
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    zulisvel wrote: »
    I was purchasing an Odyssey uniform for an alt at the starbase today and I noticed something new. They've renamed the uniform from "Odyssey 1" to "Odyssey Basic." So, C-Store Odyssey uniform coming soon?

It's always been labeled as 'Odyssey Basic'. I got it on my first character over a year ago and it's been labeled as such at least since then.

The 'Odyssey 1' might be the cheaper version that romulan republic characters can buy but not use. Only their allied boffs can use it.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I dont get it, what is special about that uniform??? that everybody wants it? i saw it in my starbase, but i dont think i will ever buy it , really flat and simple... why people like it? lol.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I dont get it, what is special about that uniform??? that everybody wants it? i saw it in my starbase, but i dont think i will ever buy it , really flat and simple... why people like it? lol.

Mainly because it's flat and simple? Like a Star Trek uniform?
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Cause it looks like a Star Trek uniform?
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Probably because, unlike most of the other uniforms in-game, it actually looks like a Star Trek uniform.

Three posts in a row, same message. Are you getting the picture?
  • Options
    cornelianuscornelianus Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So...when are we going to get the blog showing us how to make the uniform look like the official one?
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So...when are we going to get the blog showing us how to make the uniform look like the official one?

When they're done messing with the NPCs and finally decide on a final look.

Seriously though, the Panels and Pockets pants they put on some NPCs at ESD in a recent patch are awful. It just doesn't work with the Odyssey top. Also, the texture of the pants when it was changed a good while back, sucks. I preferred the old look of those pants. They use to look like they were made of a canvas material. Now they just look like plastic.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It would be nice, though, if we can get the option to add the "Side Pocket" to the pants that come with the Odyssey uniform... I'm just more of a fan of the military's "cargo" look, but maintaining the classyness of the Odyssey top...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble