test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If you don't like S9, take a break!

humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
If you are unhappy with the changes and nerfs introduced in Season 9, why not take a break from the game?

Have some time off between now and the Dilithium Bonus Weekend.

If things haven't improved by then, you can decide whether to come back or not.

Perhaps if enough of us do this Cryptic will actually notice, they don't seem to notice (or at least reply to any of) the numerous S9 threads here.

My top reasons for taking a break are:
  1. The way they nerfed the rep powers, that they nerfed the rep powers, the pointlessness of the new rep and the rep missions themselves.
  2. The dilithium stealth nerf to the BNP drops in the STFs.
  3. The blurry and card-crashing graphics changes.
  4. And, that they don't seem to care at all about our opinions and feedback.
Post edited by humblesheep on

Comments

• Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you are unhappy with the changes and nerfs introduced in Season 9, why not take a break from the game?

Perhaps if enough of us do this Cryptic will actually notice, they don't seem to notice (or at least reply to any of) the numerous S9 threads here.

1. The way they nerfed the rep powers, that they nerfed the rep powers, the pointlessness of the new rep and the rep missions themselves.

To be honest I'm very happy with season 9, its way better than I suspected, but to be blunt most people complaining about it are already stopped playing and they want more people to stop playing so in hope Cryptic will give away stuff, I think it will be an loss cause.

Anyways I enjoying the game way more now that they nerfed down stuff a bit, it way better to do even STF is better now, grinds are more honest to players if you don't participate you won't get points and no points mean you won't get paid. Like I said way better !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So...your solution to not liking the changes is to take a break, and come back later when those changes you didn't like are still there?

Riiiiight.

Because with Cryptic having put that much effort into the changes to the rep system, I find it incredibly unlikely they will back off of it. Especially since the complaints started long before the season actually dropped.
  • Options
    phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited April 2014

hravik wrote: »
    So...your solution to not liking the changes is to take a break, and come back later when those changes you didn't like are still there?

Riiiiight.

Because with Cryptic having put that much effort into the changes to the rep system, I find it incredibly unlikely they will back off of it. Especially since the complaints started long before the season actually dropped.

am i the only one who liked the changes to rep? how exactly was rep nerfed? if you're a dude who only does PvE, it actually improved, if you do PvP, it doesn't make much difference, you'll still explode to burst dmg anyway lol, this is how the rep system should've been released.

honestly i thought cryptic would drop the ball(like they generally do), but they pretty much fixed rep, kudos for them.
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Actually that's a great idea.

Given the majority of voices ingame and here there are about.... 5 people? Who like that season. So if everyone makes a break who doesn't like season 9 the server will be literally empty. Aside from those 5. That would be fun.

The compared to other season releases the population is everything but overwhelming already. Not empty, but not crowded either.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Actually that's a great idea.

Given the majority of voices ingame and here there are about.... 5 people? Who like that season. So if everyone makes a break who doesn't like season 9 the server will be literally empty. Aside from those 5. That would be fun.

The compared to other season releases the population is everything but overwhelming already. Not empty, but not crowded either.

Off you go then.

Seriously if really believe that, then just get on with it. see you season 10.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    architectonarchitecton Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I could be wrong about this but a lot of people have left already...

I was online earlier and new PvE queues were EMPTY! :eek:
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,328 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Has anyone mentioned "DOOOOOOOOOM" yet?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hravik wrote: »

Riiiiight.

I don't think you understood the intent of the OP .
    He does not feel appreciated or catered to ... , and I'm betting it's not the first season that he feels this way .

Cryptic put nearly 50% effort (if not more) into remastering and polishing existing stuff , and it shows .
    Cryptic nerfed stuff and Dil income , and again not for the first time .
    Some ppl just keep on trucking.
    Others just play the FE and say "see'ya in the next Expansion or in the Summer Event" .

See , one more "advantage" of making the Rep system "optional" is making it obsolete .
    Some ppl just won't grind for 9 Rep powers if they can't use them all .
    I mean seriously , the Rep revamp actually asks you to grind for powers you'll never use just to get to one that you might use until something better comes along and then you'll drop that too .

Some ppl are just smarter then to fall for that one .
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Because it doesnt matter what break we will take, it will be worst when we come back.. lol.. im sure of it.
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Those ones were empty, the Borg ones were not :P:D
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Because it doesnt matter what break we will take, it will be worst when we come back.. lol.. im sure of it.

Not if enough people do it. If I didn't believe that I wouldn't have posted.

If they don't listen to us, they will listen to the numbers, because when the numbers drop, the cash flow will follow soon after.

They don't respect our opinions about the game, and are only interested in money, so it is us, not them, who are really in control, because we decide when, and if, we give them our money.

That is why it is worth (for each of us who feel this way) taking a break!

And

It is not that I just don't like these S9 changes, they are always introducing new stuff, buffing or nerfing old stuff, some of which I like some I don't. But there comes a time, like the kids game "Kerplunk", (where you pull out one straw at a time till all the marbles drop). These last nerfs were my final straw. The list of earlier straws is too long to put down here, but most of us know them anyway.

There were only two things left that I did in this game, improve my characters and help build my fleet, S9 has nerfed both of them.

I'll be back for the dilithium weekend to cash in all my BNPs and reputation points (one last contribution to the fleet). But other than that, unless there are some good fixes, I'll see you all in Season 10, and no, you can't have my stuff.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Err, they stated pretty much what would happen to BNPs a while back. Not much of a stealth nerf.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    kestrelliuskestrellius Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sigh.

They obviously have been listening quite closely to the opinions and feedback of the zillions of idiots who keep complaining about how it's too easy. So they made it harder.

Happy now?

Yeah I didn't think so.

Oh and power creep. You can't have it both ways, guys.

Also, the obligatory:

Can I have your stuff?
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't think you understood the intent of the OP .
    He does not feel appreciated or catered to ... , and I'm betting it's not the first season that he feels this way .

No, what the OP is saying is a not so subtle 'if you don't like it gtfo'

Which is ignorant and belittling
  • Options
    johndroidjohndroid Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not if enough people do it. If I didn't believe that I wouldn't have posted.

If they don't listen to us, they will listen to the numbers, because when the numbers drop, the cash flow will follow soon after.

They don't respect our opinions about the game, and are only interested in money, so it is us, not them, who are really in control, because we decide when, and if, we give them our money.

That is why it is worth (for each of us who feel this way) taking a break!

And

It is not that I just don't like these S9 changes, they are always introducing new stuff, buffing or nerfing old stuff, some of which I like some I don't. But there comes a time, like the kids game "Kerplunk", (where you pull out one straw at a time till all the marbles drop). These last nerfs were my final straw. The list of earlier straws is too long to put down here, but most of us know them anyway.

There were only two things left that I did in this game, improve my characters and help build my fleet, S9 has nerfed both of them.

I'll be back for the dilithium weekend to cash in all my BNPs and reputation points (one last contribution to the fleet). But other than that, unless there are some good fixes, I'll see you all in Season 10, and no, you can't have my stuff.
    My ship sucks after s9 failure was released , I crash every 29 minutes or less
    I loose my 6th active space doff ever time I warp ? C'mon that's lame
    My trays disappear still and my active space doffs revert to older time in combat ? Lame
    I tried new rep/traits they bone you to death cause there weak and lame no matter how you stack 4 after you ripped off rest of them from us , that most grinded all of them to half them ripped off.
    A new star base you can't run in, climb much , no privacy , the levels are so lame they might as we'll made it flat lol, anyone wanting privacy never go to star base ever , people liked jumping running but that's dead at star base open your eyes
    I had forty more nukara points to fill that's it , and boom now I gotta pay ec's to get my rep gear on top of then taking my donations away.
    Plus I go to my bank I filled night before patch and boom 6 of my items missing ? Yeah ripped off
    That made Klingon fleet mini style shipyard instead of 2 large cool functioning ones ? Lame
    Figured they did that to ESD haha it looks looks good doing nothing but standing lol
    Drops where I usually have been everyday for last month solid drops are 40% lower ? Is that what you call good patch lmao
    I still run to transporter to hit my own com badge everyday , that's realistic huh? My costumes on my Kdf side I bought 5 costume slots still after season 8 and 9 , they can't fix that stuff as well as other junk they blind you with foo foo to not remember and go on enjoying all there broken in game mechanics lol
    I went and did Stf's and pvp and grinded for hours testing my powers and ability's and notice my power levels hardly move or never move up and down now , it's like I have no aux power anymore ? Nice fix thanks S9 epic failure I'm my eyes after being here for all other 8 seasons I totally enjoyed all of em so far :)) this S9 is an Epic failure that's gonna leave em chasing all the broken mechanics in game they won't be able to fix these ultra disasters waiting to happen ... End result all 8 seasons are 90% awesome ;) S9 40% fair rest need large garbage can , I only mentioned 8% of all I know and heard from others since patch and the brightest best and wisest relive this season bones us to Dust thank you all for keeping it going playing half the game we got in the past :) enjoy useless grind for what? To do haha good luck riding the storm out.
  • Options
    nakedcrooknakedcrook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am definatly going to take a very long break from Grind Nerfs Online (or is it Nerf Bugs Online? Or is it Grind Bugs Nerfline? I dunno.)

Season 9 was definatly a let down for most people. To some...it was a painful necessity. To others, it was another betrayal of trust. To me...it was no different than the stuff I find in my cat's litter box. It STINKS!

I doubt I will quit STO...but I have watched it diminish too many times. Bad choices have trumped more choices. Money trumps loyalty. It is a sad...sad thing. Poor Gene must be spinning on his Urn.

If it wasn't for my fleet and my Fed Gorn...(to which people envy me for) I would have quit long ago. Alas...I am barely tolerating this game. The only thing that keeps me going is lying to noobs who PM me, asking me how I got a Fed Gorn. Sometimes I tell them to do a bunch of stuff, like jump on Quinns desk 100 times then talk to Sulu. I laugh...as they do it.

Alas...its the only reason I don't uninstall...

However...I will continue to come to the forums to condemn Season 9. I have a moral obligation to do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you oppose the Reputation nerf, feel free to use my signature
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I haven't really seen much of season 9 stuff, had a look at the new esd that's nice, been busy earning marks ready to turn in over dil weekend otherwise.
    im not too fussed either way over the new trait system and im still happy with my old kit.
    taking a break is out of the question for me, the more marks I earn before dil weekend the better.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    edited April 2014

Not what I intended and if it comes across that way to you, I am sorry.

What I am trying to say that if they won't listen to what we say, I think they will listen to what we do.

We, the customers, always have the choice to accept or not accept the service offered to us. I think that, taking a break from this game is a good way to express our dissatisfaction with the direction they are taking it. And if enough people do so, they will start to listen to our views a bit more attentively.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I think I may have got this all wrong.

Perhaps the truth is, that Cryptic actually want veteran players to leave.

Think about it, as a demographic, veterans probably play the most and pay the least, we have accumulated the best ships, the best gear, the most purple doffs, all the reputation powers and gear. We farm(ed) the most dilithium, and never need to buy Zen to get any of the things we want.

If Cryptic nerfed the rep powers to reduce the difference between the new 50s an the vets, surly thinning out the number of vets would be just what the want too. And remember, they didn't nerf any of the cash generating "power creep" items, only the stuff you get by actually playing the game.

Everything they have done in S9 is oriented towards new players, ESD, buffing the smaller number of rep powers, a new easy to win reputation. Everything to encourage new players and to slap all the vets in the face.

OK if you have a monthly subscription (or one of those rare rich spenders), they probably want you to stay, but if your "free to play" or a lifer, they'd just rather you leave - thank you.
  • Options
    pa1nag0nypa1nag0ny Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Season 9 is ok, not great far from it. As for the reputation trait revamp it sucks. with only 4 trait options for each map type (Space/Ground) it's a total cluster.... you can choose to do damage or survive not both. Guess I screwed up buying that lifetime sub last time it was on sale, cause I'm done until they change that BS, which more than likely won't happen.

So I guess I'll just hop on every month or so and sell my monthly zen on the dilithium store dirt cheap maybe half whatever the going rate is at the time.
  • Options
    neyarineyari Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'd like to enjoy season 9, however the bug for romulan captains prevents me from redoing the Featured Episode.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dark4blood wrote: »
    ^Rarely is anyone asking for FREE stuff, they are asking for things to be fixed as they are clearly broken, people like you, the defense department, don't see that many of the changes are NOT in the games benefit. Why do you play on weekdays, it can't be because something is going on because they removed DAILIES? Why play with Mirror ships, there is no more Mirror Universe to have a point of those ships being in the game?

So many things removed yet people still defend some of these ridiculous choices made by Cryptic. THIS MMO will NEVER BE VERY POPULAR! The reason why is because of these choices, does this game even has as many as the terrible SWTOR? Definitely NOT, Cryptic may have saved this game by going to F2P, but they are squandering the license through HORRIBLE UPDATES.

You are right about one thing, many are leaving, as the ques show but if that is the case all you have to look forward to is missions that take 15 minutes to queue and less canon ships designs. So tell people to take a break, your FLEET will probably dissipate and then you will complain, but by that time it will be too late.
    Just in case you hadn't noticed.... you get bonus marks for EVERYTHING now.... the first time you do it. Heck I get a bonus marks box with enough marks for the Omega rep daily just for doing a Red Alert in sector space. So yeah.... there's a lot more marks to be had.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The problem is, we are not happy since a long time ago. And the only choices we have are, stop playing for good, or keep playing trying to forget all the crappy content in-game.

Because since this is not going to get better, those are the only 2 options. If you dont like the way STO is going and you are really pissed, just stop playing, because this is not going to change.

A break will be good if the game will change to better, but it is not the case, so..
  • Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dark4blood wrote: »
    You are right about one thing, many are leaving, as the ques show but if that is the case all you have to look forward to is missions that take 15 minutes to queue and less canon ships designs. So tell people to take a break, your FLEET will probably dissipate and then you will complain, but by that time it will be too late.

2 of my 24 fleetmates/friends which left have come back to try out season 9 - we all agree that:

a)The FE was pretty good

b)the rest is pretty MEH

Sadly 22 fleetmates/friends have not been back in game yet:( (I usually only have fleetmates in my friends list)

I still have hope that this dilithium bonus weekend coming up will bring a few more out. But that's how things go is a small fleet I guess.
  • Options
    platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't hate what they nerfed, I hate what they broke.

In this case, the graphical change and the huge FPS losses that follow.
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Originally Posted by lazarus51166

Not what I intended and if it comes across that way to you, I am sorry.

What I am trying to say that if they won't listen to what we say, I think they will listen to what we do.

We, the customers, always have the choice to accept or not accept the service offered to us. I think that, taking a break from this game is a good way to express our dissatisfaction with the direction they are taking it. And if enough people do so, they will start to listen to our views a bit more attentively.

It may not be what you intended to say humblesheep, but you are right. As for it being "ignorant and belittling" - so what?

I didn't like the direction WoW went, do I sit on their forums discouraging others? - No
    I didn't like the direction EVE went, do I sit on their forums discouraging others? - No
    I don't like the direction PS2 is going, do I sit on their forums discouraging others? - No

There is a HUGE difference between giving "feedback" and just "whinging" for the sake of it. Sitting on the forums discouraging others is not feedback, so we should tell those people to move along, even if it hurts their feelings.

It would be nice if the forums could monitor how often people play the game, then those who do not play could be blocked from posting - it would save having to sift pages of drivel and hate for actual real topics.
  • Options
    robobigtimerobobigtime Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014

That's because they are not fun. The reward for time put in is not worth it.
    I find the whole season kinda hohum.

There are no kwl real world drops. The only ships that are priced correctly are the mirror ships.
    It's stupid to have to by multiple ships to get a console set. I mean talk about stupid...you do that a few times and you'll be out of ship slots.

Why not just put the consoles in the CStore for the same price as FSM? People will buy them, people will sell them and pwe will make a lot more money off them.

Anyway I've closed my wallet for now and will wait and see what the summer brings.