test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So umm the undine assault is this normal to happen?

fangwolf1fangwolf1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
Its like my captain decided to floor it but keep the parking brake on...:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hJAypb9szk&feature=youtu.be
Post edited by fangwolf1 on

Comments

• Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Parking break? What? His parking broke down?

it's brake...

oh and that's lag/rubberbanding, very annoying
  • Options
    fangwolf1fangwolf1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Parking break? What? His parking broke down?

it's brake...

oh and that's lag/rubberbanding, very annoying

that might explain things I suppose but then again why is it only occurring on that map and no where else at all?
  • Options
    cardie47cardie47 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same map, I was killed by "unknown entity" for almost 60k damage by "Gorn Asteroid" attack. It was completely invisible and I was out of combat.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    could be a graphic error that your computer isn't liking, did you try reducing the settings?
  • Options
    legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited April 2014
    Definitely looks like rubber banding, which I get as well. It does seem like there have been more lag spikes the last few weeks. Cogentco hub acting up again? :rolleyes:
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I only get lag in the Undine battlezone, and that is on a Nvidia Titan lol
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited April 2014
    i get lag here and there, I'm just going to take a short break, til the lag settles
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    cardie47 wrote: »
    Same map, I was killed by "unknown entity" for almost 60k damage by "Gorn Asteroid" attack. It was completely invisible and I was out of combat.

open map. youll see red dots flying from top to bottom.
    these are the gorn asteroids, you can avoid them flying lower of higher or just look around..

yep, they one shot the ship, as supposed when bouncing into an asteroid(comet
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That happens in a lot of maps. In the undine battlezone of dyson happens as well. Specially when there are a lot of guys trying to kill the planet killers. It is just a poor optimization work of cryptic, thats all.
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    legetdumar wrote: »
    Definitely looks like rubber banding, which I get as well. It does seem like there have been more lag spikes the last few weeks. Cogentco hub acting up again? :rolleyes:

If it were merely lag, all the other action on screen should have been lagging as well, but it seems to be going on as normal.

This happened to me last night but in a different spot - I got stuck right beneath the planet-killer, and couldn't move more than the length of my ship in any direction. Being out of range of the PK's weak spot, I was basically left to sit and watch while everyone else whittled the PK's health down and eventually destroyed it. They probably think I had gone AFK or something.