test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The breach elite new difficulty, intented or bug?

2»

Comments

• adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Tracked down the problem. It is a bug and we'll be fixing it.

Thank goodness, I was gonna start rep grinding this on a new toon and Breach is usually a staple in that.
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
  • gamer940gamer940 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2014

You will have my undying gratitude for this once it's done. You guys have done and awesome job on the game. Despite the nay-sayers out there whinging, the new rep system is awesome, as is the new content. This ungodly high damage issue is my main problem.

That does bring up another point, however, for some reason the Undine in Undine Assault (not sure about Viscous, as I haven't done that one yet) seem to be a heck of a lot more resistant to damage than anything else in game including the Undine in the new Space Battlezone. Is this another bug?
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    gamer940 wrote: »
    You will have my undying gratitude for this once it's done. You guys have done and awesome job on the game. Despite the nay-sayers out there whinging, the new rep system is awesome, as is the new content. This ungodly high damage issue is my main problem.

That does bring up another point, however, for some reason the Undine in Undine Assault (not sure about Viscous, as I haven't done that one yet) seem to be a heck of a lot more resistant to damage than anything else in game including the Undine in the new Space Battlezone. Is this another bug?

Undine ships gain a hull damage resistance buff when in Fluidic Space. This includes the "bubbles" of Fluidic Space generated by their Fluidic Rifts, as well as the entire map of Viscous Cycle and at least one map in the overhauled Borg/Undine arc.

I think it's a pretty small resist buff - .1 Res all if I remember correctly off the top of my head - but could that be what you're seeing?
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think it's a pretty small resist buff - .1 Res all if I remember correctly off the top of my head - but could that be what you're seeing?

Possibly, they do take and dish out quite a beating. The queued event where you have to cleanse 3 lanes of undine then destoy planet killer, on elite, you can't solo a lane, not even two or three guys. Everyone has to pile into one lane to push through it. (not sure if that's the intent of the design/mission)

Thats fine for team work etc, but it means you can't get the combo counter higher than 2x, as by the time the team finish a lane and gets the 2x combo, you have to fly all way back to next lane starbase, and clear that (of the 20 odd undine ships now idling there) before the command ships can spawn/move forward, and clearing the starting stations doesn't count to the multiplier, so it resets before you can get it up to 3x. Haven't yet seen a 3x multiplier in that mission.

Despite getting a good pug team last night for it, three lots of 2x combos still only managed 37 marks. A poor payout for the time put in.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Possibly, they do take and dish out quite a beating. The queued event where you have to cleanse 3 lanes of undine then destoy planet killer, on elite, you can't solo a lane, not even two or three guys. Everyone has to pile into one lane to push through it. (not sure if that's the intent of the design/mission)

Thats fine for team work etc, but it means you can't get the combo counter higher than 2x, as by the time the team finish a lane and gets the 2x combo, you have to fly all way back to next lane starbase, and clear that (of the 20 odd undine ships now idling there) before the command ships can spawn/move forward, and clearing the starting stations doesn't count to the multiplier, so it resets before you can get it up to 3x. Haven't yet seen a 3x multiplier in that mission.

Despite getting a good pug team last night for it, three lots of 2x combos still only managed 37 marks. A poor payout for the time put in.

Honestly if it's dil and marks you want, the Undine battlezone is a way better time investment than the STFs. Half an hour = hundreds of marks and about 2500 dil.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I can solo a lane...

But yes, I needs a big overhaul for mark generation
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would like to point out, that while I had my vesta's "immune to damage, take that you annoying voth" shield up, that one shot torp went straight through it. >.>;
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Is this bug just for the mission stated here, or is it also for the other instances where the enemy are hitting the hull through the shields?

I was in some STFs earlier today with some friends. We had the Borg hitting our hull through the shields. I have the same defensive numbers as before. However, I am getting hit as if I had little to no defense at all. The Borg are now like they were in the series. They take longer to kill now, and I am doing more DPS than before. But they are getting 100% shield bypass a lot, and hitting harder.

I hope that the bug is fixed soon, and that it fixes all of these cases.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    I can solo a lane...

Solo-ing a lane is easy enough, better to two man the mission though especially when you move onto the next lane and need to kill the huge numbers of enemies that have gathered so you can get the command ship moving, the dreads make that extremely hard.

The thing I've had more issue with, especially in Breach elite is Voth completely ignoring the fact my shields exist, it feels like somebody upset the transphasic element on their weapons, I would go so far (on a bad run) as to say the beams had transphasic mods, being the only way to explain how one Voith can broadside an Aux2Damp build to death while it still has around 50% shields.

Undine in fluidic space are a nuisance but nothing like the above, at least one can tell shields are taken into account, which in turn means the right build can just about survive.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Solo-ing a lane is easy enough, better to two man the mission though especially when you move onto the next lane and need to kill the huge numbers of enemies that have gathered so you can get the command ship moving, the dreads make that extremely hard.

The thing I've had more issue with, especially in Breach elite is Voth completely ignoring the fact my shields exist, it feels like somebody upset the transphasic element on their weapons, I would go so far (on a bad run) as to say the beams had transphasic mods, being the only way to explain how one Voith can broadside an Aux2Damp build to death while it still has around 50% shields.

Undine in fluidic space are a nuisance but nothing like the above, at least one can tell shields are taken into account, which in turn means the right build can just about survive.

In comparison the only thing wrong at the battleground is Fluidic rifts being spammed all over and lasting forever.

I say forget the STFs and spam the battlegrounds, as far as Voth and Undine are concerned.
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I just ran this for the first time since season 9, and was amazed how squishy my Tholian Recluse is. I remembered this thread too late, and regretted it. I did make it through and was about to vow to never run this again.

Thanks for the encouraging words!
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    look at it as a ship build tester. if your ship can now deal with elite breach without dying, youre doing it right. if not.......well like they said in RvB:

the plan is to "NOT DIE," and to, "DO BETTER THAN WE ARE CURRENTLY DOING."
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    HSE is now ridiculously easy with a couple of BFAW Scims in the group.

HSE has always been easy if you have a couple of FAW builds in the second section to clear the spam.
    ZiOfChe.png?1