test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bugs with full-impulse toggle

frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
There are two new bugs with the full-impulse toggle.

1. After activating full impulse, you cannot immediately deactivate it. There is a lockout period of about 1 second before full impulse can be deactivated again.

2. You can become stuck in full impulse by toggling it on and off many times in rapid succession. To reproduce this bug, repeatedly press Shift+R while in system space. The full-impulse toggle and throttle normally flash to indicate that full impulse is active. When you are stuck in full impulse, however, the toggle and throttle do not flash. But your ship still travels at full-impulse speed, and power is diverted to engines.

These bugs did not occur on Holodeck before Season 9. They were reported on Tribble while Season 9 was still being tested. Here is the Tribble ticket that I submitted.
Waiting for a programmer ...
qVpg1km.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tim879tim879 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    so i wasnt the only one getting this glitch >.> full impulse keeps getting stuck and wont turn off until i attack or get attacked..

its interesting to be in reverse with a impulse speed of 40 lol but i really hope this gets fixed soon >.< its real annoying
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Whilst I can't say I've experienced being locked into full impulse, not being able to do a quick full impulse hop is a pain in the rear and the lockout period has caused me to overshoot targets several times.
  • artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I too am having problems with full impulse. No longer can I use it to burst the engines, it seems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • varthelmvarthelm Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Having the same issue. Can't get a quick burst of Full impulse..it stays on for an extra second or so. Too used to flying my ship with out that issue and overshooting everything.

Btw...my Romulan Battle cloak is having the exact same delay. Cant pulse it...just takes an extra second or so to be able to deactivate it.

Never had any of these issues til Season 9
  • oninobyokioninobyoki Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I, too, have had this problem...mostly when trying to quick hop from combat target to combat target...however, one "sort of" fix I've found is that engaging in combat will drop you out of Full Impulse. So, not exactly the BEST way, but if you're trying to get from waypoint A to waypoint B where combat is (like in the FE), you can just start attacking something and it'll drop you out...of course, you'll be with lowered power levels...but, better than missing the target completely...maybe...
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, I can't turn it off. I just want 1/2 a second of full impulse and end up shooting past my target and sliding (in an Oddy) outside of 10km range! :mad:
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited May 2014
    I've been getting this bug as well. I've "rage quit" a few Red Alerts over it, and stayed away from STFs because of it. Also, I have a UI bug where I will activate certain tray abilities outside of battle range, but the game will act as though I'm in battle already, cancelling out full impulse when I actually WANT to use it! :mad:

The more I play this game, the more convinced I am it is being developed by people that have no intention of ever playing it themselves. :rolleyes:
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1) Thank god, I thought that my mouse was broken.
    2) Incredibly annoying but you can leave by attacking something.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've noticed this bug, too, and also find it annoying.

:(

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for this thread! I thought my keys were getting sticky, as I hot key full impulse.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    These bugs did not occur on Holodeck before Season 9. They were reported on Tribble while Season 9 was still being tested. Here is the Tribble ticket that I submitted.

The second one has been occurring in game for quite a bit longer than season 9. I've had it happen once in a blue moon since season 6.
    I need a beer.

• tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I got this bug too. Though I think the delay is bigger than 1 seconds, more like 5 seconds. But than again, STO UI is infamously unsensitive (Its not my net, TOR works fine) .
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've noticed this bug, too, and also find it annoying.
    Since the update the other day, my Full Impulse seems to be working properly now.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not sure this is a "glitch" (except it getting stuck) I think the Devs want us to use other abilities in the stead , evasive maneuvers, EPTE, deuterium burst it seems for speed bursts, makes sense to reassciate full impulse to non combat use due to its detriments to your tactical sub systems.