test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New [Borg] Transphasic versus old specs

tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
Just the specs, since I don't want to run it before it hits Holodeck, as I'm going to be grinding it for a full set of [Acc][CrtH][Dmg] AP beam arrays for my Avenger and don't want to get tired of the mission before then.

http://imgur.com/4t7u7xM

New one from mission:
Adaptive Transphasic Torpedo Mk XII [Dmg]x3 [Borg]
3362.9 Kinetic Damage (320.3 DPS)
Additional 672.6 Kinetic Damage vs. Borg

Total damage for Borg: 4035.5

Old one from turning in Proto Salvage:
Trans phasic Torpedo Launcher Mk XII [CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]
3191.7 Kinetic Damage (304 DPS)
1,000 Radiation Damage vs Borg NPCs
+2% Critical Chance
+20% Critical Severity

Total damage for Borg: 4191.7 (before factoring in what extra crit would add)

Has anyone done the mission and seen if it appears in the Reclaim tab if discarded? Since you can only get it once, I'd hate to accidentally delete it and loose it forever.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just an additional note: The newer [Borg] proc on the Adaptive Transphasic has the potential to give vastly more bonus damage than the old [Borg] proc. The old ones adds 1000 kinetic damage vs borg regardless of your gear/buffs, the new one adds +20%. That +20% vs Borg means adding +transphasic damage or using APA/APO, etc increases the bonus damage.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    mreeves7a wrote: »
    Just an additional note: The newer [Borg] proc on the Adaptive Transphasic has the potential to give vastly more bonus damage than the old [Borg] proc. The old ones adds 1000 kinetic damage vs borg regardless of your gear/buffs, the new one adds +20%. That +20% vs Borg means adding +transphasic damage or using APA/APO, etc increases the bonus damage.

Oh, that explains some of the different numbers I've seen, this is in Sector space (both should be near base values) with no Rep Traits slotted and nothing boosting Transphasic. While the newer version certainly would get better than the old quickly on gates, generators, and transformers, isn't 'Radiation' shield penetrating, helping with the Tac Cube at least?